Mission Impossible II - Oakley Delivery Rocket

I don't know, it looks at least as wide as his fingernail, and mine is closer to 5/8".

I'm 99% sure this is the base launcher, actually a dart gun with the barrel removed and plugged. Maybe they could help you out with dimensions? The spike looks close to what the barrel would be, if it was still there.

http://www.dan-inject.com/CO2-Injection-rifles/model-jm-standard.html

Pretty impressive that you found that. I'd not even know what key words to use to search for it!

The latest...

MI II 013.JPG

MI II 014.JPG

Looking good. I found some 3/8" aluminum rod, so if it's something you end up needing I can make the spike for you. Just give me a week or so notice.

Looking good. I found some 3/8" aluminum rod, so if it's something you end up needing I can make the spike for you. Just give me a week or so notice.

I'm getting close to finalizing the spec on the spike. It's dictated by the dimentsions of all the other componets of the prop, and I am currently looking for the best-sized tube for the last tube segment prior to the spike.

Got the kncok-off sunglasses yesterday, and have learned the error of my ways...

The glasses fit my head almost like kid sunglasses (not that bad). But then again, I have a big head (7 3/4 hat size), and I'm certain Cruise has a fairly small head (he's what - all of 5'8"...?). And the glasses are most likely undersized anyway.

All that being said, I have to squeeze them pretty tightly into the main tube. I thought the tube would be big enough based on the fact that my regular glasses fit fine. But I have to compress the sunglass notably to get them in, and the tailfin portion will not go in when the glasses are in there.

So...

Net result is that the center/main tube is a bit too small. Part of the reason why I was seeing it as not fat enough, I'm sure.

However, using the materials I had available (this was to be a quick and easy, not dead-accurate project), the next size up would be too big. As a reminder, the main tube is a pre-cut length of ABS pipe from Home Depot, found in a stand-alone cart/display.

In the end, I'm mostly OK with the prop as is, and may still devise a way to get the tailfin piece to fit with the sunglasses in.

Got the final tube done last night. Plus I have the mounting sleeve for the spike st to go. Just need to get the spike (waiting on delivery).

MI II 019.JPG

MI II 018.JPG

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back