J
    article-2143371-130DC4EC000005DC-143_964x641.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. Bryancd is offline Bryancd
    May 14, 2018, 12:07 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #5402

Apollo said: View Post
    Thanks Harry!

The checks in the mail babe!!
    I wonít deny it, itís entirely possible Harrison is as high as a kite right there.
  3. Member Since
    Nov 2006
    May 14, 2018, 12:50 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #5403

Jaitea said: View Post
    That made me **** myself

The worst compositing ever

J
    Yet still better than Jabba in docking bay 94.
    From
    MN, United States
    May 14, 2018, 1:02 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #5404

Tan Djarka said: View Post
    Yet still better than Jabba in docking bay 94.
    That is no joke. Or the Greedo shot first.

GL: I want Greedo to shoot at Han first, now!

VFX Guy: So you want him to just miss?

GL: No, make it a headshot.

VFX Guy: ...

GL: Just move his head over for a few frames.

VFX Guy: ... Ok, I guess that works.
    From
    Chicago
    May 14, 2018, 2:49 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #5405

I'm going to admit. After reading the spoilers and fan synopsis, my curiosity for Solo has been piqued. Perhaps not enough to see it in theaters, but I'm certainly curious about it. I'll wait for the fan reaction to this one.
    From
    Los Angeles
    May 14, 2018, 3:37 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #5406

Just so I’m clear... 2-3” of height is an acceptable barometer to meaure acting prowess, movie quality, fan interest, and box office draw. Right?
  7. The Wook is offline The Wook
    May 14, 2018, 3:42 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #5407

SethS said: View Post
    Just so I’m clear... 2-3” of height is an acceptable barometer to meaure acting prowess, movie quality, fan interest, and box office draw. Right?
    Ford in his 30s: 6' 1"
    Alden in his 20s: 5' 7" (And that's being generous. He is likely closer to 5' 6" than 5' 7".)

Let me go out on a limb here, Seth, and guess that you were not a mathlete in school.
    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    May 14, 2018, 3:49 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #5408

Wolverine in comics: 5'1ish

Wolverine in movies: 6'1ish.

How much it really matters in the movie?

It didnt matter for.

Point being you are letting a couple inches determine the entire movie for you and have resulted to making excuses to support your flimsy argument of why he is isn't fit for the role.
    From
    I live on earth.
    May 14, 2018, 4:01 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #5409

Jaitea said: View Post
    That made me **** myself

The worst compositing ever

J
    Yeah, its more the idea. A few shots were ok.
  10. The Wook is offline The Wook
    May 14, 2018, 4:09 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #5410

Robinson said: View Post
    Wolverine in comics: 5'1ish

Wolverine in movies: 6'1ish.

How much it really matters in the movie?

It didnt matter for.

Point being you are letting a couple inches determine the entire movie for you and have resulted to making excuses to support your flimsy argument of why he is isn't fit for the role.
    Apparently you haven't been paying close attention to this thread. His physical shortcomings are just one of the several problems I, and others, have with him in this role. And once again, it is NOT a matter of a couple inches. If he was truly a couple inches shorter--5' 11" to Ford's 6' 1"--I wouldn't even bring up the disparity.

The Wook
    From
    Chicago
    May 14, 2018, 4:12 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #5411

I have real no issue with his height. That can easily be fixed through clever camera tricks. It's the fact that he looks NOTHING like Harrison Ford nor carries ANY of his charisma that bothers me. That said, the wardrobe is growing on me...

8ax7VgL.jpg
  12. The Wook is offline The Wook
    May 14, 2018, 4:20 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #5412

CT1138 said: View Post
    I have real no issue with his height. That can easily be fixed through clever camera tricks. It's the fact that he looks NOTHING like Harrison Ford nor carries ANY of his charisma that bothers me.
    If the trailers are any indication, it has not been fixed through camera tricks. Ford looked (and sounded) like a man. Alden looks (and sounds) like a 15-year old boy...a tiny one, at that.

The Wook
    From
    Chicago
    May 14, 2018, 4:28 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #5413

Whether or not his heights been fixed on screen remains to be seen, but I definitely agree that Alden sounds too young. Though, in all fairness to his looks, this movie is set 10 years before ANH. If Han's age is analogous to Ford's, then Han would be about 25 in this movie. I can't say for everybody, but most 25 year old men I hang out with (as that's my own age) don't have the same depth in voice as a 35 year old man. Hell, I know men who are 45 and married with kids that look and sound younger than myself. Personally, I know if you took away my facial hair, I'd be one baby faced twenty-something (which is why I have the hair there in the first place).
  14. RPF Premium Member azheat01's Avatar
    From
    Gilbert, Arizona
    May 14, 2018, 4:30 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #5414

CT1138 said: View Post
    It's the fact that he looks NOTHING like Harrison Ford nor carries ANY of his charisma that bothers me.
    This has been one of my problems as well with him. I still don't want to judge based on what I've seen in the trailers, but I'm not seeing Han Solo.........maybe once I see the movie that'll change.
    From
    Cheboygan, MI
    May 14, 2018, 4:53 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #5415

From everything I have read, there was no effort put into trying to make Alden mimic Ford. The idea they were working towards from the get go was the "Chris Pine as Captain Kirk" model of making the role his own entirely.
  16. The Wook is offline The Wook
    May 14, 2018, 5:02 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #5416

Noeland said: View Post
    From everything I have read, there was no effort put into trying to make Alden mimic Ford. The idea they were working towards from the get go was the "Chris Pine as Captain Kirk" model of making the role his own entirely.
    Schitting on the past, again. A big FU to the core fan base, again.

I'm sure they told Glover to dial it back on sounding and acting like Billy Dee, so that Alden's non-Ford performance wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb in contrast.

Disgraceful.

The Wook
    From
    Los Angeles
    May 14, 2018, 5:47 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #5417

So don’t see it and move on with your life.
    May 14, 2018, 5:51 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #5418

So donít see it and move on with your life.
    Wanna buy some Death Sticks?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    May 14, 2018, 5:51 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #5419

USA Today behind-the-scenes: https://www.usatoday.com/videos/life...vie/607565002/

AMC Theaters replicas dice:

From
    I live on earth.
    May 14, 2018, 5:53 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #5420

joshvanrad said: View Post
    That is no joke. Or the Greedo shot first.

GL: I want Greedo to shoot at Han first, now!

VFX Guy: So you want him to just miss?

GL: No, make it a headshot.

VFX Guy: ...

GL: Just move his head over for a few frames.

VFX Guy: ... Ok, I guess that works.
    I had a feeling if I googled this, someone would have done it, and sure enough......

21. The Wook is offline The Wook
    May 14, 2018, 5:53 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #5421

So don’t see it and move on with your life.
    Of course I'll see it. I got my ticket at 5 after midnight when they went on sale. I'm pessimistic, based on all the evidence thus far, but maybe I'll find something in there I like.

Hope springs eternal.
    From
    Los Angeles
    May 14, 2018, 6:01 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #5422

The Wook said: View Post
    Of course I'll see it. I got my ticket at 5 after midnight when they went on sale. I'm pessimistic, based on all the evidence thus far, but maybe I'll find something in there I like.

Hope springs eternal.
    I’m just saying, you’ve been hating pretty much daily for months, and it started before we had seen a thing. I think you’ve made up your mind ahead of time... but I get it. I can muster a lot of hate for my beloved films... but I try to wait for them to come out.

I can’t get on a high horse. TPM came out 19 years ago and I can still get pretty worked up about it without much difficulty... but I try to at least save my hate for after the movie comes out. You could be 100% correct— but the few scenes of Alden I’ve seen I totally buy him as a young Han, so I’m amped... I’m trying to be a little more positive in my old age.
  23. Bryancd is offline Bryancd
    May 14, 2018, 6:11 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #5423

I’m just saying, you’ve been hating pretty much daily for months, and it started before we had seen a thing. I think you’ve made up your mind ahead of time... but I get it. I can muster a lot of hate for my beloved films... but I try to wait for them to come out.

I can’t get on a high horse. TPM came out 19 years ago and I can still get pretty worked up about it without much difficulty... but I try to at least save my hate for after the movie comes out. You could be 100% correct— but the few scenes of Alden I’ve seen I totally buy him as a young Han, so I’m amped... I’m trying to be a little more positive in my old age.
    I always say if your a fan of something it should bring you enjoyment. I watch all these films with the goal of having fun despite what flaws there may be. I don't take a lot of personal satisfaction hating on something I have no control over or input. If I disliked these films as much as some of you, I would have been long gone. It's easy to poke holes and being critical or cynical but I prefer a state of being of positivity towards STAR WARS and don't loose my mind over the things that bug me about any one film.
  24. The Wook is offline The Wook
    May 14, 2018, 6:14 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #5424

You say you can't get on a high horse. And yet that is precisely what you've done.
  25. RPF Premium Member azheat01's Avatar
    From
    Gilbert, Arizona
    May 14, 2018, 6:20 PM - Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story #5425

Noeland said: View Post
    I understand what you're saying, but don't the new Star Trek movies deal with alternate time lines? I've never been a Star Trek fan, so forgive my ignorance. I always thought the new movies were an alternate reality and Pine's Kirk wasn't ever supposed to reflect Shatner's because he's on a different path. Which also gives them an opportunity to go forward in a new direction without fans being hellbent because the new Kirk's future is unknown. That's not the case with Solo, as far as I can tell.