Lego Dimensions video game

Glad this will be available on the PS3.... with Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, and Back to the Future this is going to be a serious cash cow!
Hope Lego adds Indiana Jones and Star Wars. But to really hurt my wallet, allow custom Mini-figs, I'll have a SG-1 team to go with that Lego Stargate! Please.

Jonathan Coulton did a new Portal song for the game. Apparently, it seems that GLaDOS
is buddies with Batman

Video under the cut.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wish they weren't charging so much for this stuff, it's bad enough the main portal set up is nearly that pricey then they want 20.00 for just a Marty figure and item.

I just wish they weren't charging so much for this stuff, it's bad enough the main portal set up is nearly that pricey then they want 20.00 for just a Marty figure and item.

Marty figure, hoverboard, Delorean, and level pack. Better deal than Skylanders in my opinion and when you're done with the game you still have the Lego.

Got the game and that set. Preordered the Who and GB sets. Kids love the game!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

I had no idea what to ask for this year for christmas so i asked for the starter set and got the marty set and preordered the doc brown one and the retro gaming one. Not sure how often i will add to them but i'll get ones that i like. just hope people don't do like amiibos and resell them for 3x the cost.

I had no idea what to ask for this year for christmas so i asked for the starter set and got the marty set and preordered the doc brown one and the retro gaming one. Not sure how often i will add to them but i'll get ones that i like. just hope people don't do like amiibos and resell them for 3x the cost.

They don't. Seems to be plenty of stock. Game is fun, it's standard Lego game mechanics for the most part with some portal shifting involved. The big highlight is all the franchises they cover.

I should have waited to get it since we ended up at a gamestop today and could have walked out with the main part and the one BTTF pack and saved time and tax.

Edit: color me shocked but the game, the one bttf pack shipped today and they even included my preordered BTTF bluray set. I'm shocked they got it all out so soon.

Last edited:
The outside of the box states "Internet connection required". Is that true for game play or just initial set up?

I finally got my portal together and started playing, so many glitches in this game. I'm on the arcade pack and the car in spyhunter doesn't accelerate nearly as fast as it should. It could be my controller as I need to replace the trigger but I had trouble even accessing the batmobile. I love seeing all these younger gamers crying about having to play the older games in the pack when they shoulda known it was coming.

I've enjoyed playing Dimensions, but it's been a while since I've popped it in the XBox. Both of my kids are really obsessed with Lego Batman, Lego Avengers, Lego Star Wars, Clutch Powers - basically all the Lego shows available on Netflix. While they're generally pretty funny, I think I'm just oversaturated on the Lego media right now.

I honestly think my son (2) has forgotten that there are movies and shows that AREN'T Lego based.

I want to get a few more sets, especially the vintage 80s spaceman one. I really gotta tear this controller apart but it makes me nervous when they're 50.00 each lol

Wish i'd known about that. I really wish they'd gotten Kevin Conroy to voice batman, to me he's the only right voice. Now that Disney isn't doing squat with their version of this maybe they'll make their characters available for expansions, i'd love to see a tron one. I want to get the ghostbusters one but I don't want to give the studio any money after this mess with the remake. I'm also hoping for Dr who ones featuring older doctors and not just the dull new guy. Be nice to see hasbro give up on their kreo blocks and license out transformers (g1 only and with as many g1 cast members as they can manage).

I want to get a few more sets, especially the vintage 80s spaceman one. I really gotta tear this controller apart but it makes me nervous when they're 50.00 each lol

I almost got Benny, as well. But his abilities are pretty much the same as the Doctor's, so there's not much point. And we've already got a Benny fig from the Double Decker Couch set.

I just want Benny as that's the style of legos I grew up with where 2.00-3.00 would get you a mini-kit from space or later city. Well i replaced my trigger so hopefully now my spyhunter car will actually drive instead of just fart along. I'm surprised that WB went with the 89 batman theme and the 78 superman theme in the games. I haven't seen it yet but I heard that wonderwoman's theme is from the old tv show lol

bzlomkcdx4ogitgoqbwk.jpg

Gamestop was selling a bunch of the older sets a week or so ago for about half price so keep an eye out for more sales. None of them were anything I wanted which is why I think they were so cheap.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back