Lego Dimensions video game

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by alienscollection.com, May 6, 2015.

1. alienscollection.com

alienscollection.com Master Member

2. Jeyl

Jeyl Master Member

3. Vivek

Vivek Master Member Community Staff RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  4. Michael Bergeron

Michael Bergeron Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Ya, we'll be getting this. :lol

My wife LOVES these Lego games and plays with my younger son. My older son grew out of them! I think we have every Lego game there is!

5. Abelugo

Abelugo Sr Member

Awesome, Movie Mashups!
    Wait until Indiana Jones meets Hans Solo! In the Lego dimension

6. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I wish i'd gotten Amiibos when they first hit before they all went to ebay for huge bucks. I'd love this game but since it requires buying stuff on top of the game I think i'll pass at least for now.

7. Michael Bergeron

Ya, definitely an annoying feature. But what the hell. :lol

8. glunark

glunark Sr Member

So everyone but marvel again then?

9. Michael Bergeron

Probably waiting to see how successful it is before shelling out for those rights again. If this picks up I'm sure they'll be available in a future round of level packs. To be fair, as far as licensed Lego games go, Marvel is one of their less successful properties. Star Wars, Indy, LOTR, and DC (Batman) all rake in the dough.

10. Victor3

Victor3 Well-Known Member

No sign of Star Wars yet...
    Disney might be waiting it out.

We're big fans of the Lego SW & HP games, and are eagerly awaiting the JP one. I'm super stoked for this, but it does look like it'd be really expensive.

11. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Well i said to hell with it and preordered the starter set and the BTTF set though i wish they'd put the Doc brown fun pack out at the same time. I'm tempted to get benny the spaceman since he's the old school space set i used to have as a kid lol.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  12. DuneMuadDib

DuneMuadDib Sr Member

Marvel's at least letting them have the rights for a Lego Avengers game later this year. I'd figure it's possible that since this is going to be competing against Disney Infinity there may be some reticence on Disney's part to let Star Wars and Marvel be part of it.

13. Victor3

It's be cool if there were a way to incorporate custom built characters. But I'm betting the game element is stored in the base unit & you really don't need the minfig at all.

14. DuneMuadDib

DuneMuadDib Sr Member

The base unit is a custom reader for the memory cards embedded in the minifig bases that identify which figure is on there and holds the save data for leveling up that particular figure. You don't need the figures, but unless you've modded your console so you can hack the game and access the characters that way you won't get far without them.

15. jarroth

jarroth Well-Known Member

prefer the good ol bricks over the game :)

still play with them and have most sets of the first ten years of lego technic. some are becoming quite looked after sets these days hard to get

16. alienscollection.com

17. Michael Bergeron

Holy crap! Yes!

Base set, Back to the Future, Doctor Who, Ghostbusters...

They're nailing the franchises!

18. alienscollection.com

19. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Ended up canceling my preorder, too many other special editions of games coming out and Christmas shopping to start. Blasted game companies have to put everything out in September and November.

20. alienscollection.com

21. Fly4v

Fly4v Sr Member

Glad this will be available on the PS3.... with Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, and Back to the Future this is going to be a serious cash cow!
    Hope Lego adds Indiana Jones and Star Wars. But to really hurt my wallet, allow custom Mini-figs, I'll have a SG-1 team to go with that Lego Stargate! Please.

22. Dessa

Dessa Well-Known Member

Jonathan Coulton did a new Portal song for the game. Apparently, it seems that GLaDOS
    is buddies with Batman

Video under the cut.

23. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I just wish they weren't charging so much for this stuff, it's bad enough the main portal set up is nearly that pricey then they want 20.00 for just a Marty figure and item.

24. Michael Bergeron

Marty figure, hoverboard, Delorean, and level pack. Better deal than Skylanders in my opinion and when you're done with the game you still have the Lego.

Got the game and that set. Preordered the Who and GB sets. Kids love the game!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

25. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I had no idea what to ask for this year for christmas so i asked for the starter set and got the marty set and preordered the doc brown one and the retro gaming one. Not sure how often i will add to them but i'll get ones that i like. just hope people don't do like amiibos and resell them for 3x the cost.

26. Michael Bergeron

They don't. Seems to be plenty of stock. Game is fun, it's standard Lego game mechanics for the most part with some portal shifting involved. The big highlight is all the franchises they cover.

27. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I should have waited to get it since we ended up at a gamestop today and could have walked out with the main part and the one BTTF pack and saved time and tax.

Edit: color me shocked but the game, the one bttf pack shipped today and they even included my preordered BTTF bluray set. I'm shocked they got it all out so soon.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
    Michael Bergeron likes this.
  28. Fly4v

Fly4v Sr Member

The outside of the box states "Internet connection required". Is that true for game play or just initial set up?

29. Michael Bergeron

As far as I can tell it's just for setup, as in to download the update. :)

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

30. Fly4v

Fly4v Sr Member

Thanks! I did the update and hope it plays without internet. I have a feeling connection will be required for any future fun packs.

31. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I finally got my portal together and started playing, so many glitches in this game. I'm on the arcade pack and the car in spyhunter doesn't accelerate nearly as fast as it should. It could be my controller as I need to replace the trigger but I had trouble even accessing the batmobile. I love seeing all these younger gamers crying about having to play the older games in the pack when they shoulda known it was coming.

32. Victor3

I've enjoyed playing Dimensions, but it's been a while since I've popped it in the XBox. Both of my kids are really obsessed with Lego Batman, Lego Avengers, Lego Star Wars, Clutch Powers - basically all the Lego shows available on Netflix. While they're generally pretty funny, I think I'm just oversaturated on the Lego media right now.

I honestly think my son (2) has forgotten that there are movies and shows that AREN'T Lego based.

33. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I want to get a few more sets, especially the vintage 80s spaceman one. I really gotta tear this controller apart but it makes me nervous when they're 50.00 each lol

34. jcoffman99

jcoffman99 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I went nuts a couple weeks ago when GameStop had all the Dimensions stuff 40% off.

35. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Wish i'd known about that. I really wish they'd gotten Kevin Conroy to voice batman, to me he's the only right voice. Now that Disney isn't doing squat with their version of this maybe they'll make their characters available for expansions, i'd love to see a tron one. I want to get the ghostbusters one but I don't want to give the studio any money after this mess with the remake. I'm also hoping for Dr who ones featuring older doctors and not just the dull new guy. Be nice to see hasbro give up on their kreo blocks and license out transformers (g1 only and with as many g1 cast members as they can manage).

36. Victor3

I almost got Benny, as well. But his abilities are pretty much the same as the Doctor's, so there's not much point. And we've already got a Benny fig from the Double Decker Couch set.

37. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I just want Benny as that's the style of legos I grew up with where 2.00-3.00 would get you a mini-kit from space or later city. Well i replaced my trigger so hopefully now my spyhunter car will actually drive instead of just fart along. I'm surprised that WB went with the 89 batman theme and the 78 superman theme in the games. I haven't seen it yet but I heard that wonderwoman's theme is from the old tv show lol

38. alienscollection.com

39. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Gamestop was selling a bunch of the older sets a week or so ago for about half price so keep an eye out for more sales. None of them were anything I wanted which is why I think they were so cheap.

40. Spiderstella

Spiderstella Sr Member

41. Sluis Van Shipyards

Sluis Van Shipyards Master Member

I'm not happy until I get a Goonies set with Chunk and his special power is the Truffle Shuffle!

Spiderstella likes this.
  42. Fly4v

Fly4v Sr Member

43. 4219 Industries

4219 Industries Active Member

Yeah, bit of a shame. Between the fall of Disney Infinity and now LEGO Dimensions, it'll be interesting to see if anyone else tries to get into this kind of game market in the near future.

44. Fly4v

Fly4v Sr Member

No point crying over spilled milk but......

It seems that two of the projects in work at time of cancellation would have added Missy/The Master figure to Doctor Who and the Flash. And I assume they would have had additional levels.

Since I was able to get the Super Girl and the Flash exclusive poly bags at the beginning of the year, it would have been great to have a Flash.
    I already use a Ninjago and a Chima for Samurai and Hawkman. The Flash would have nicely rounded out the Justice League. Even better if it had been TV Flash.

Too bad, TV Arrow is in Lego Batman 3 DLC and not Dimensions. Ces't la vie.... But in this instance Ces't la Mort.