ReAction figure collecting thread

dropshipbob

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Let's make this the official RPF ReAction collectors thread!

Yes, I realize not everyone likes the "retro" design, soft details, limited articulation, you either like them or you don't. I can't say I like ALL of them myself, but let's stay focused on the figures themselves and not the retro like vs. dislike discussion.

Let's hear your thoughts, see your pictures, mods, accessorizations...whatever! I've picked up all of the first wave of Alien figures and plan on getting all of the next waves. I've also picked up a few Predator and Terminator figures. Just yesterday I picked up a Ripley in white spacesuit (Lucky Star). I'd like to find a suitable weapon to place in her hand...one that looks like the harpoon pistol she uses in the film.

Last edited:
I got the Rocketeer figure. I'm not the biggest fan of the movie but having a little Rocketeer figure to 'fly around' is really neat. I'm loving the retro 'Kenner' style of all the figures. I hope they can make 5th Element figures, I'd buy all of those.

I'm not a huge fan. I prefer the Funko mystery figures. But I do kind of want the Sam Reaction figure.

I like 'em. :) I've only got the Kane from Alien so far, and for Christmas I got my wife the
Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction. She got a big kick out of that!

I think these started out really cool because they genuinely looked like 80's figures and had just the right amount of detail. The newer ones I have seen though like The Terminator look just awful and too fakey like an obvious spoofing of 80's toys. I mean even a lot of 70's/80's toys made better figures.

I don't know how to explain, but something of the faithfulness of the vintage has been getting destroyed in these new ones they are cranking out now. The sculpts are getting very lazy, whereas some of the early ones do look like some effort was put forth to make them look like they could have been legit retro figures.

I just don't like a lot of what I have seen and can't fully buy in to the thought that the way those were made would have been like that back in the day. Like you want to believe it, but they are just missing something.

They have a certain charm, but I have not been compelled to buy any of them. I hear they aquired the Star Trek TOS and TNG liscense. Those will be worth looking at...

They have a certain charm, but I have not been compelled to buy any of them. I hear they aquired the Star Trek TOS and TNG liscense. Those will be worth looking at...

I wonder if the TNG line will be in the same style as the Galoob figures, or if its going to be the Kenner style.

I love the Alien ReAction figures. The vintage touch is lovely and adds a lot of charm.
At my birthday I got a Mouth Goonie figure which I totally love :)

ReAction Alien with some Micronaut aliens.

aliens4.jpg

Someone here at the RPF did a Griff custom using the ReAction BTTF Biff figure.

And doing some thinking, I know that everyone has suggestions for Funko for franchises to use for the basis of action figures. And I remember watching the interview video about the other lines that ReAction was going to cover, they said something of there being a list of suggestions from many people. Does anyone know if the list on their bulletin boards?

Last edited:
I keep seeing the alien and firefly figures. I know I'll end up trying to get them all but I really only want Ripley and the Alien from the former and at least, Mal, Jayne, and Zoey from the latter.

You might need two Ripley's, as they just released a second version...

I found a gun from a Star Wars figure for Ripley.

Attachments

• rva.jpg
    rva.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 178
They're complaining about the Mal not having a coat? Seriously, simple fix: there's some figures form the later Star Wars line that had fabric coats. Find a a fabric Han's coat from Return of the Jedi and and then dye it brown! (or if they really want to go retro, get a piece of thin brown vinyl cut some holes in it and then thread Mal's arms through it!). And for the vehicles thing, Super 7 did state they were interested on a DeLorean time machine for their line, and as well as a Duke of New York from Escape from New York in this video. But what was the deciding factor is how well the lines do, which could allow for those lines to be expanded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course if they started adding fabric they'd probably start charging $15 and calling them "deluxe" haha!

Boy I remember back in 1995 when the beginning of the POTF line came out and at $4.99 that was a sweet price point. I'm so glad I got out of the figure collecting before it hit the $9.99 prices. And you KNOW those Reaction figures are making bank on that kind of markup. I'm sure the costs are heavily toward the licensing though too.

I think these started out really cool because they genuinely looked like 80's figures and had just the right amount of detail. The newer ones I have seen though like The Terminator look just awful and too fakey like an obvious spoofing of 80's toys. I mean even a lot of 70's/80's toys made better figures.

I don't know how to explain, but something of the faithfulness of the vintage has been getting destroyed in these new ones they are cranking out now. The sculpts are getting very lazy, whereas some of the early ones do look like some effort was put forth to make them look like they could have been legit retro figures.

I just don't like a lot of what I have seen and can't fully buy in to the thought that the way those were made would have been like that back in the day. Like you want to believe it, but they are just missing something.

Yes, I agree. Very hit or miss. Some of them are too far beyond the pale. But when they work, they work wonderfully. I love the horror ones.

Of course if they started adding fabric they'd probably start charging $15 and calling them "deluxe" haha!

Boy I remember back in 1995 when the beginning of the POTF line came out and at $4.99 that was a sweet price point. I'm so glad I got out of the figure collecting before it hit the $9.99 prices. And you KNOW those Reaction figures are making bank on that kind of markup. I'm sure the costs are heavily toward the licensing though too.

Not true. The Kyle Reese figure from the line has a cloth jacket. But what I was suggesting is something that those two could do for their Mal figure if they really wanted him to have a coat.

I've seen the figures being offered for $9.99 at Books-A-Million. Actually, they're not as cheap in comparison to the $11.99+ for the widely available brands (i.e. G.I. Joe, any of the stuff from NECA, Marvel, DC, etc), but still not as bad as the cost of NECA stuff at Toys 'R' Us.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back