Jayne T-Shirts

Awsome, glad to see there's still intrest in the Hero of Canton. :D I'd be in for some large shirts fo sho.

Ok, lemme pull up some of the artwork I have on file. Not sure who the origional artist is and I appoligize for not giving credit

Soldier
attachment.php

attachment.php

Cafe Press also has some good stuff http://shop.cafepress.com/jayne-cobb

Last edited:
So. . . I've been saving this up because I've been unsure what to do with it, or if there's any interest. Since the thread has been revived, I thought I'd throw this out there. Behold, the Enjoy shirt design from the Pilot!!

WgAExjQE04DDvtVROAhAcQ

I did it in Photoshop, and I still think it could use some minor tweaking. The original file is roughly 25 in. square at 300 dpi!!! I also wanted to find a decent shirt and do a transfer as an example before I unveiled it, but it has proven more difficult than I thought it would be to find a green shirt with no shoulder seam!

P.S. The reason I made it a small image is because I have a dilemma. I wouldn't mind making this a free file for people to make transfers, but I don't really want just anyone to be able to get ahold of it and start cranking them out for sale. Also, it'd be nice to get together with someone who could screenprint or silkscreen them or something and just do a run of these. Not really sure what to do? :confused

I think I might have trouble posting the photo of it. . . :wacko

EDIT: Okay, I think the photo is up. Plus, here is a link to my Picasa Web Album with the screenshots I used to make it so you can compare(I'm allowed to do that, right?). http://picasaweb.google.com/SomewhatSavvy/Jayne?feat=directlink

Last edited:
That looks great! Does the character mean anything? I only ask because I happen to have saved an image someone (I don't remember who, sadly) made long ago as an approximation of this design, and the character is completely different. Yours seems to match the screencaps better, though - at least on the left side, where there's a ton of reference.

The character is supposed to be the character for "water". I've been working on art for a shirt with Kurt using screen caps from Blu-Ray.

That looks great! Does the character mean anything? I only ask because I happen to have saved an image someone (I don't remember who, sadly) made long ago as an approximation of this design, and the character is completely different. Yours seems to match the screencaps better, though - at least on the left side, where there's a ton of reference.

Thank you!! No, my version of the character was based solely on the caps and didn't mean anything; however, with the information from dr_slurpie, I can now tweak it to be the water symbol. :D

The character is supposed to be the character for "water". I've been working on art for a shirt with Kurt using screen caps from Blu-Ray.

Ooh. . . I think I see it. Is it turned on it's side? It was pretty hard to see what was going on on the right hand side of the design with my crumby screencaps. :lol I bet the blu-ray version helps out a lot.

Any leads on a seamless green shirt?

I'm really sorry for the necro here, but any updates on this pilot shirt??? I'd love to have one!!

QMx is supposed to be working on the Jayne shirts, and have all the image files.
I tried to get an idea if they were planning to release the shirts fairly regularly,
but they pretty much blew me off.
(Which I took to mean that no regular release schedule is planned.)

Here's a partial list of what's been available.

gallery_JayneshirtsJPEG.jpg

I have:
Top, Left to Right
1.__Yellow Troublemaker__ssdesigner
2.__Cartoon Cat and Bear__Kurtyboy (needs dyed to a light tan)
3.__TV Smoking Girl__Kurtyboy
4.__TV Blue Sun__Blue Moon
5.__Fighting Elves__Blue Sun Shirts
Bottom, Left to Right
6.__Soldier__Chewbaccadoll
7.__Talking Head__ssdesigner
8.__Pin Up Girl__Lilac Trading Station
9.__Perfect Cat__Kurtyboy

Mike
My Firefly/Serenity collection here:
http://fireflydvd.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3541

Last edited:
v nice pen. :)

I hope QMx keeps releasing them. Two that I would love to see made are the movie smoker girl and the dead fish one.

I keep seeing a thread pop up now and again in the junkyard for the talking head shirt, but as it happens with these things, its taking a while to make a reality.

I talked the the QMx people at Dragon*Con and they said the "Fighting Elves" was the next shirt they're going to make.

I have a fighting elves one, but id like to get another as the one i have isn't the highest of quality, neither in the print nor the shirt.

How are the QMx ones?

CBD, I'd be interested in the soldier one too if you do decide to do a run.

I have a fighting elves one, but id like to get another as the one i have isn't the highest of quality, neither in the print nor the shirt.

How are the QMx ones?

CBD, I'd be interested in the soldier one too if you do decide to do a run.

I can tell you that John's (Dr. Slurpee) Fighting Elves artwork is spot on and not to pat myself on the back, but the last run we did came out great. Ask anyone who purchased one.

I actually have 1 or 2 extra from that run if interested. I'd have to check what sizes they are.

There was a thread for a second run of the Soldier shirt, but it didn't get enough interest.

I'd consider revisiting that run if enough people were in.

A lot of new members, so maybe more interest would come about.

-K

I can tell you that John's (Dr. Slurpee) Fighting Elves artwork is spot on and not to pat myself on the back, but the last run we did came out great. Ask anyone who purchased one.

I actually have 1 or 2 extra from that run if interested. I'd have to check what sizes they are.

There was a thread for a second run of the Soldier shirt, but it didn't get enough interest.

I'd consider revisiting that run if enough people were in.

A lot of new members, so maybe more interest would come about.

-K

Oooo... Yes, please, on the Soldier shirts. I was really disappointed that that run got cancelled.

And I can certainly vouch for the "Elves" shirts. Those were top notch.

If you have a spare medium I'll take it.

The soldier shirt has never been one of my favorites but I'd get one as a check in the box so to speak.

Is there any interest in the movie smoker girl? I'd love to be in on a run of those, do whatever work I had to to help out if there is.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back