Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Spoilers)

Couple more TV spots with some new stuff. One confirms it's PG-13 (which we knew) but listen to Han. He says A Jedi, not THE Jedi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I didn't realize people were still confused about that. Han is specifically speaking about Luke and his story, not the story of the Jedi in general. Which makes sense as we have come to learn through other canon sources and interviews Luke is a bit of a mystery to the Galaxy at large.

Last edited:
Guaranteed "The Awakening" and Kylo facing "Such a test" is Luke. They're over hyping Finn as the next Jedi. Does this look like the face of a Jedi ? [emoji14][emoji14][emoji14][emoji14]

View attachment 561045

Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I didn't realize people were still confused about that. Han is specifically speaking about Luke and his story, not the story of the Jedi in general. Which makes sense as we have come to learn through other canon sources and interviews Luke is a bit of a mystery to the Galaxy at large.
I didn't realize people were confused about it at all, which is why I figured everybody heard Han say "the Jedi". Until it was just pointed out, that's what I heard. Of course, now I can't hear anything but "a Jedi".

I just had a horrible thought...

Kylo: Luke never told you what happened to your son.

Han: He told me enough. He told me you killed my son!

Kylo: No Han, I am your son.

So there's a cantina scene, with a cantina band...more and more it's clear this is just going to be an ANH rehash, and I find that really disappointing.

So there's a cantina scene, with a cantina band...more and more it's clear this is just going to be an ANH rehash, and I find that really disappointing.

There's the Maz's castle scene, which does have a bar and in universe music. You disappoint easily. Take this in the spirit intended, you would have to be an idiot to see this film as a rehash of ANH. Shall we list all the films with the classic literary narrative ANH is derivative of?

Last edited:
There's the Maz's castle scene, which does have a bar and in universe music. You disappoint easily. Take this in the spirit intended, you would have to be an idiot to see this film as a rehash of ANH. Shall we list all the films with the classic literary narrative ANH is derivative of?

My mistake, I'm an idiot. I'm going to go tear up my MFA and smear my own feces on the wall now.

My mistake, I'm an idiot. I'm going to go tear up my MFA and smear my own feces on the wall now.

It's for the best. :)

So in ANH there was a cantina. In ROTJ there was Jabba's palace. In AOTC there was a bar. In TFA there is Maz's Castle pub. All had their own source music. So what?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back