Super Mario Bro's Super show Costume Help

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
hey gang, i have this crazy last minute idea to try and throw together Luigi's costume from the late 80's super mario super show! i always loved watching these guys early in the morning and would like to try and throw this together for halloween (last minute i know)

i am wondering if any of you know what kind of hat they wear, if it was a custom job or a off the shelf item

i think if i bleach the overalls and hat i can attempt to dye them green with Rits dye

heres some reference photos

1139172345.jpg

main280.jpg

heres a real good one
lmtnxdzhhaqtbig.jpg

anyone have any idea what i should search to find someone like these hats?

thanks!

another good pic
2D9855216-today-danny-wells-131205.blocks_desktop_small.jpg

Last edited:
The pattern looks like what they call a skipper cap, but with a fabric bill instead of plastic or whatever is normally used. I'd guess it's a custom job but maybe you could find an all fabric one of basically any color to dye.

Vintage-New-Boat-Cap.jpg

guys thanks for getting back to me on this thread! I have been away and put this costume on the shelf. I figured I'd stop in and see if I got any hits and sure enough I did!

thanks for the advice! those hats are pretty close!

I have never made a hat before, I'm going to try and find "skipper" patterns and maybe see if I can fabricate something that looks more like in the pictures

what do u recommend for fabric?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back