Warehouse 13 Scarab of Imhotep Box and Scarab

docholl

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here is the latest addition to my collection. One of my favorite artifacts from WH 13. After being accidentally released from the WH 13 Ovoid Quarantine Room by Claudia, the now "animated" Scarab of Imhotep ran amok through the Warehouse, pestering Artie and Claudia until it was "captured" by Trailer. This is the box and the Scarab of Imhotep as was found in Warehouse 2. My scarab box is the same found object obtained by the WH 13 prop department for use in production of the Season 3 episodes "The New Guy" and "Queen For A Day". The scarab box has had a custom padded interior installed into the inside as well as the underside of the lid to replicate the scarab box that was seen on-screen. The scarab is a solid resin casting of the "dormant" version of the scarab as-seen-in the Oviod Quarantine Room in the Season 3 episode "The New Guy". The scarab is based-off of the same found object used by the WH 13 prop house that made the production-used scarab. The scarab has a hand-applied green weathered finish which has been cleared-coated for durability.

408684944.JPG
001.JPG
003.JPG
claudia scarab2.JPG
claudia scarab1.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
005.JPG
005 (2).JPG

Looks Great! Where did you find that cool box? And is that the scarab now available on eBay? I may be adding this to my artifacts collection =)

Ray,

I got one a few years back from a source that was closing out that model (and I can't remember what vendor it was). The felt on the bottom of the box is printed "Veronese", presumably the manufacturer. That might help tracking it down.

David (another David)

The box was a found item. I made the interior based on the screen-used box. I don't believe that the boxes are around any longer.

Ive still got the version of the scarab from the opening laying around. I stripped the original paint but never got around to repainting it.

After getting the replica back then, and repainting, it turns out to be the one used in the show, minus the opening wings. I was also able to snag one of the Egyptian boxes back then, too. Funny this should come up right now, I've just finished re-watching WH13 first season. Great show.

DSC_0140.JPG

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back