Destiny (Video Game) Discussion

I capped my 40 already and just building on light at 220... but seriously FOR WHAT? I find myself running around and it's like I'm solely prepping for the King's End Raid and then what... just more missions so I can gloat about new guns I got? Better armor?

I went from 34 to a 40 in less than 5 days with my on/off playing times and the missions haven't been all that amazing. I like crucible more and more because you never know what it's going to be like. As far as direction though, I feel like I have none other than completing grimoire. I need to get on this Dreadnaught and see if it's going to be that engaging or not. I should just cut my losses and end it and devote my free time to more productive things, hahah!

Yeah I see myself friends grinding again. I got this Friday I was 32 I'm now level
40 .. My light is only 207. Playing now and vs playing year one I feel this is how the game should've been. I feel like we got an incomplete game the first go round . I'll give it more time since I'm too low to run anything major.

Last edited:
I played some more last night, like a drug habit I can't kick or something, haha! Light level is up to 239 after doing some more crucible, daily heroic (REALLY HARD!), and looking for Taken Champions for story quests.

One thing that seems to be nice is a fairly steady flow of interesting loot drops to keep you going. More rewarding than the year 1 loots, which were almost always crap.

Call of Duty, Halo 4, etc. had additional content in each expansion as well as the multiplayer map packs.

Too bad you don't play the campaign, the latest expansion campaign is pretty decent. The first two parts...
not so much. It has gotten much better. The new quest system is better than the previous model.

I know a LOT of people who play COD only for the multiplayer. Some have NEVER played the
campaign at all. I actually bought Modern Warfare 1 after beating the MW2 campaign, just to
figure out the story. :)

Last edited:
My very roomie did the grind on Sunday and Monday to get to 290 and he tells me the raid is bonkers. Bigger than the previous raids.

I'm still at 273...

You're doing better than me. I have one character at 205, one at 218 and one at 238 I think. Legendary drops are not that high frequency.
Played with some guys with raid gear the other night. MUCH better looking/cooler weapons than Necrocasm you got from Crota.
I have to start hoarding blue engrams for my other guys. :)

What did he grind to hit that level? Strikes?

Call of Duty, Halo 4, etc. had additional content in each expansion as well as the multiplayer map packs.

Too bad you don't play the campaign, the latest expansion campaign is pretty decent. The first two parts...
not so much. It has gotten much better. The new quest system is better than the previous model.

I know a LOT of people who play COD only for the multiplayer. Some have NEVER played the
campaign at all. I actually bought Modern Warfare 1 after beating the MW2 campaign, just to
figure out the story. :)

Honestly i think there's quite a few in Destiny who never play the campaign or just enough to get gear they needed but with the Trials and Xur most of them never had to go into the campaign to get anything unless it was an exotic exclusive they wanted.

I'm having so much damn fun with this expansion. I'm actively working towards like half a dozen exotic weapons, the Crucible is so much more fun, swords are a blast, the Dreadnaught patrol zone is super dynamic and fun. All in all this is much better than I expected it to be. It's no wonder IGN gave it a 9 and it has a metacritic score of 85 despite all the haters.

I find myself getting lost in the Dreadnaught while on random patrol missions. My Hunter has a
cool item locator ability when using the Void class.

Makes locating chests MUCH easier.

It turns out that when you equip "better" gear (even if you don't actually pay to unlock the items
potential with glimmer/parts, it increases your light level, which makes the random engram
drops, drop BETTER gear each time!

So, even though you don't get a piece of armor with the perks you want initially, the drops get better
with each higher level piece of equipment you equip. Weapons AND armor both!

Wish I'd figured that out last week. :)

Yeah, until you hit 290+ light you should just focus on wearing whatever has the highest light level when you decrypt new engrams. The drops are based on your current light level. I'm constantly getting lost in the Dreadnaught too. I've got so many things that I want to do I literally don't even know where to start. Other than doing the Daily in under 10 minutes to get the exotic version of the black hammer tonight :)

That explains why they got rid of black hammer with the update, i bet half the guns will be exotic versions. I wish they'd let you gift stuff to other players, i'd have cleaned out all my stuff before i erased the game. i had 13 of those energy drink xp boosts.

I just got my second sword last night. Now my Hunter has a Void one and my Titan has Solar.

That daily in under 10 minutes is a feat! Some buddies worked that mission 10 times last
night with NO successes. And they're REALLY good at Destiny.

Yeah I never finished it either. The raid is easier than that mission was, lol. I'll wait till the next go around since I'm much better equipped now.

The raid, by the way, is amazing. It takes the best aspects of the last 2 and cuts all the bad parts. And the best part is there's no cheese spots, it all has to be done legit. So much fun.

The sword is easy to get. Once you finish the campaign you'll get a quest from Eris to collect 25 hadium flakes, which come from chests in the Dreadnaught. That's all there is to that quest. Getting the exotic version of it, on the other hand, is a huge ordeal.

Ah.. I still have Regicide to do in the story line. I'd prefer to do it coop but it doesn't have matchmaking and I hate hunting for team mates. I wish they had a feature you could turn on and off for matchmaking

I'm surprised they didn't do the optional matchmaking, i never really had super bad experiences with it for strikes or the weekly. My clan apparently misses me even though i only get messages when i occasionally got to bungie.net.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back