ANOVOS Darth Vader

Re: ANVOS Darth Vader

What would be helpful here is if you listed what you see as good vs bad changes and even suggestions. I can't promise we can make every change, but this input definitely serves as a guide for us in getting you the best product.

Fair enough. Right out of the gate, the details are soft. Not just a bit soft. They are Rubies/Classic Action soft. The grey tones are so dark as to almost appear black. The greeblies are a neat touch, but ENTIRELY wasted. No one will display this without the dome and try and pass it off as a reveal, so that is just wasted "stuff". Also, mesh screen in the mouth piece? That is so far into wrong that the light from wrong would take 1,000 years to reach us. PLEASE don't use the "It's a costume piece" as an excuse because people are costuming TODAY with metal mouth mesh, tight details and none of that reveal helmet nonsense you have slapdash added in place. I'm not one for pointing out unlicensed pieces or what have you, but there are better, more crisp Vader buckets out there for the price point you are offering. You are putting some useful mounting pieces in your bucket, but it isn't blowing any serious Vader collector's doors off here.

An artist proof is supposed to blow people away. "Holy crap, this is what we're getting! It's awesome!" With this, I feel "This is what they are putting out?!" It doesn't have to be eFX quality, but it has to be better than what I can get off of the Bay. You have the license, so put out something that shows you know what you are doing.

Fair enough. Right out of the gate, the details are soft. Not just a bit soft. They are Rubies/Classic Action soft.

I have forwarded this comment to the team. To be specific, what areas are you referring to?

The grey tones are so dark as to almost appear black. The greeblies are a neat touch, but ENTIRELY wasted. No one will display this without the dome and try and pass it off as a reveal, so that is just wasted "stuff".

When we received the helmet we were quite pleased with the paint job. The video really doesn't do a good job showing the paint and still pics are blown out. Regardless, we are doing our homework and bringing it with us next week to archives to have it compared to the originals they have there. This may not be the final paint, but we'll let the real pieces decide it. As I stated before, it is a first test. As far as adding extra pieces, what is one person's wasted, is another person's pleasant surprise. We are keeping that neat little feature which is also a nod to another product we are coming out with later.

Also, mesh screen in the mouth piece? That is so far into wrong that the light from wrong would take 1,000 years to reach us.

That mesh is also a feature of the Test sample only. The final will have the double mesh metal grill so, no worries there.

PLEASE don't use the "It's a costume piece" as an excuse because people are costuming TODAY with metal mouth mesh, tight details and none of that reveal helmet nonsense you have slapdash added in place. I'm not one for pointing out unlicensed pieces or what have you, but there are better, more crisp Vader buckets out there for the price point you are offering.

That may be true but the costume piece is the key differentiator between ours and EFX. Also with respect crispness, please list what areas you are referring to.

You are putting some useful mounting pieces in your bucket, but it isn't blowing any serious Vader collector's doors off here.

We are not targeting serious Vader collectors. Plain as day on that one. We leave that to our friends at EFX.

An artist proof is supposed to blow people away. "Holy crap, this is what we're getting! It's awesome!" With this, I feel "This is what they are putting out?!" It doesn't have to be eFX quality, but it has to be better than what I can get off of the Bay. You have the license, so put out something that shows you know what you are doing.

Again, what you see there is a test sample and not an artist proof. We tend to do things a bit different than other companies from changing the way you buy our product, to opening the doors a little on the road to production...we like to let everyone in a little bit more. I knew by showing the test video's we might get some heat, but at the same time it's brought up issues from all walks of fandom that we are using to better the product. Some may take a few swings at us, but it makes the ultimate product that much better, making the exercise worth it.

Now, if you happen to be one of the folks in the "This is what they are putting out?!" and paid for one of our Vaders or any product, these little production windows are a good opportunity for you to evaluate your tier investment. If at any point you find that this is not what you're looking for, then by all means, contact us and we'll refund your tier investment and pass it along.

Thanks again and I look forward to your further help on the areas requested.

The two softest features from the images you have posted are the nose slots and the dome strip. The dome looks like it was cast from a DP Deluxe.

As an addition, the hardhat feature is neat, but why not also add in the straps to the back of the faceplate?

The soft areas must not be a probelm with the cast.If you spray a lot of primer,paint and cleargloss on a Vaderhelmet it will look very soft.;)
@jkno:Thanks for the link.;)
Got Maul:I like that you want to work together with us, to make the best product.A lot of pieces would be better if the makers would have asked the propfans before.;)

Last edited by a moderator:

The two softest features from the images you have posted are the nose slots and the dome strip. The dome looks like it was cast from a DP Deluxe.

As an addition, the hardhat feature is neat, but why not also add in the straps to the back of the faceplate?

Thanks, I will have my team look at those areas and re-evaluate for the next test sample.

As for the straps, frankly, you don't need them anymore. If you look at the facemask, you'll see that we extended he wings to wrap around the skull better. Coupled with the hard hat, the helmet will sit taller and more correctly on a person. In fact, this is the first helmet I was able to comfortably wear my glasses under and still tilt my head nearly 90 degrees without fear of losing the dome or face mask.

Oh and a OT helmet needs bubble lenses.The Anvos helmet I saw has flat lenses..that is correct for the PT-Vader(ROTS)..but not for the OT(ANH-ESB-ROTJ).

20346989dq.jpg

And here a screenused ESB helmet:

20347026ba.jpg

20347052fp.jpg

Last edited:

Not everyone goes on FB.

BTW very cool of Anovos to take into consideration all these accurization suggestions.

Not everyone goes on FB.

BTW very cool of Anovos to take into consideration all these accurization suggestions.

Yup, the lenses were just test lenses for visual. The prototypes we initially created were too bug like, so we switched to flats for the picture session. The final will be bubbled as both requested by you all and by the approvals team at Lucasfilm.

Thanks for the extra pic comparisons though !

So I take it people like the Tier system!

I can't find the post where people are excited about the Tier system. I'm sure the first ones in like it.

Looks like you have some great products and it's impressive that you're active here and answering questions but I feel somewhat cheated in the pricing differences. I'm sure an announcement when items are going on sale would help alleviate some of the frustration I feel with this system.

I honestly don't understand it either. What other industry uses this on a regular basis? I'm sure I'm not alone in experiencing a negative feeling to see I've missed the best prices and I imagine you don't want customers to have that negative reaction. Again, I think announcements beforehand would help, at least I could rationalize that I knew about it ahead of time. However, I still think it's a flawed system as I'd much rather see an averaged down set price.

The only issue I have about the tier system was that I didn't find out about a specific item until I came here, at which point it'd be available a day or two already and the first tier was already gone. In fairness I can't say i'd have gotten it, however, if it was something I had really really wanted, i'd have been a bit upset that I didn't have the chance.

Yup, the lenses were just test lenses for visual. The prototypes we initially created were too bug like, so we switched to flats for the picture session. The final will be bubbled as both requested by you all and by the approvals team at Lucasfilm.

Thanks for the extra pic comparisons though !

Ok...so I hope you can update the helmet next time.Do offer unpainted kits,too?That would be great for buyers who wants a new helmet with the same gray color like the other helmets in theirs collection.

Oh and here a shot of the mesh behind the moutharea...:

20353771aw.jpg

I must say I like where ANOVOS is heading with this piece :)

"The dome looks like it was cast from a DP Deluxe." - Qui-Gonzalez

The lack of "thickness" in the dome itself is bugging me a bit. I have to side with Qui...... very reminiscent of of the DP CA / Deluxe - quite thin in the leading edge.:confused

20346989dq.jpg

It might have very well have started life out that way, I have to ask my team. I just know they did quite a bit correcting to the dome.

I can't find the post where people are excited about the Tier system. I'm sure the first ones in like it.

Looks like you have some great products and it's impressive that you're active here and answering questions but I feel somewhat cheated in the pricing differences. I'm sure an announcement when items are going on sale would help alleviate some of the frustration I feel with this system.

I honestly don't understand it either. What other industry uses this on a regular basis? I'm sure I'm not alone in experiencing a negative feeling to see I've missed the best prices and I imagine you don't want customers to have that negative reaction. Again, I think announcements beforehand would help, at least I could rationalize that I knew about it ahead of time. However, I still think it's a flawed system as I'd much rather see an averaged down set price.

hi! I'm sorry didn't see this earlier. With regard to the tier system, no other company uses it like we do. The tier system was introduced to reward the people who bought from us really early in the game. The fact of the matter with production is that lots of delays happen and typically it's very difficult to stay on one complete production timeline. Having done this for a few years, we realized that the people who bought early for subjected to the same price to the same people who bought late and didn't suffer the same production timeline that the people who bought early did. This is not necessarily right or wrong, but as a company we wanted to reward the people who walked through the same time line of production and potentially delays that our company goes through when it comes to producing product. What we have found though, is that it also generates is certain demand for the product, which we are quite fine with.

With that being said, the price at the early tier systems are never intended to be the final prices. Instead the final prices are usually the tier 4 if not the tier 3 prices, with the early tier pricing in an exchange for the time taken to produce product.

You're right, no one has ever done it this way before. We believe in actually giving exclusives and specialized discounts to the people who are most faithful to us and the project through our tier system. I'm not saying that this will stay forever, but for right now it's heart is in the right place.

The only issue I have about the tier system was that I didn't find out about a specific item until I came here, at which point it'd be available a day or two already and the first tier was already gone. In fairness I can't say i'd have gotten it, however, if it was something I had really really wanted, i'd have been a bit upset that I didn't have the chance.
hi! This is why we recommend subscribing to the newsletter. Newsletter subscribers get the first crack at the tier systems, as well as the news for scheduling.

Is that reworked Rubies?

Definitely not a Rubies

Ok...so I hope you can update the helmet next time.Do offer unpainted kits,too?That would be great for buyers who wants a new helmet with the same gray color like the other helmets in theirs collection.

Oh and here a shot of the mesh behind the moutharea...:

http://up.picr.de/20353771aw.jpg

With the Vader, we will not be offering kits.But with other armored pieces, we will be offering do-it-yourself kits.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back