thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice

Hi guys,
Just had an email from James (Jarvis) regarding the shipping. I explained that I wanted to put some advertising out for the beginning of December but needed to be sure the suit will arrive by the end of November, as the advertising was going to be expensive, he replied saying he is 100% sure that my suit will be here by the end of November. That sounds like a positive sign, we shall see.

I replaced every power system and connection in my 3 suits from this vendor. I ultimately traded out the 4 18650 batteries for a rechargeable 14.8 volt battery. Not only is this a better solution, but it is a safer one as well. The 18650 batteries have a history of exploding during charging and one of my suits actually started to burn when I used those batteries.

Please consider alternative power sources and new connectors if you get these suits.

LMAO...

there is nothing wrong with 18650 li-ion batteries!

and '18650's' do -not- have a history of exploding... maybe li-ion batteries themselves..

if you get a quality battery and the pack is made correctly.. there should be nothing wrong with them.. no different than any other 14450 or other SIZE li-ion battery.

I will definitely take you guys up on the fitting. As far as modifying , I have an HUD unit I designed for another project that I'm integrating into the helmet, allows me to use extenal mounted cameras to see 180* , resolution is lower, but had to keep it that way so I could view the screen. It allows me to keep eyes on, and walk and move easily. As far as the gun, I'm not looking to add to much weight, just some servos and rotating barrel with lightning flash bulbs and small mirrors to simulate gunfire. Pretty light design. I've dissected an expensive blue tooth speaker for use as my sound system, fairly light weight, but kick ass sound. Its gonna be a good 6/8 months after I get the suit before it's done, but I will share what I have done. And what do you mean running, I was hoping to do jumping jacks ��

We're here when you need help getting it up and running - well you won't be running in it.
Not sure you'll be able to modify the gun barrel but will be interested in what you try

Don't think you'll want to add any extra weight to this......it's a beast!!

- - - Updated - - -

You won't care about the flaps or forearm missiles ;)

IMG_1207.JPGIMG_1204.JPGIMG_1209.JPGIMG_1213.JPGIMG_1218.JPG

Has anyone has received this photos of their Mark 43 suit?

i donno it just stays weird that most people here only have bad experience with FBA and only a few have good experience and those are the only posts they make to defend the company.

well anyway i won't be looking at this thread anymore see you in another thread :)

Its also weird that literally everyone even talking about it has been a member for 3 months or less for both good and bad feedback on the company.

Its also weird that literally everyone even talking about it has been a member for 3 months or less for both good and bad feedback on the company.

I know that it's the talk about FBA that keeps getting me checking back here. I'm keen on news.
And the google searches for FBA talk all lead here, and I'm assuming a lot of interest was raised when they changed the build of their suits from foam to custom sized fibreglass.

Hi ibiza93,
No, that's a new photo, very interesting. Could be because of the email you sent about unique photos. I have been told by James 100% receive my suit by end of November.

Could be because of the email you sent about unique photos.
No, because this photos are from when the suit was about three weeks in progress. I ordered it in the beginning of September. Now i've told him I only want to see photos of MY suit. So he answered:

Thanks for your understanding and I will send you a new photo status report for your own next Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, because this photos are from when the suit was about three weeks in progress. I ordered it in the beginning of September. Now i've told him I only want to see photos of MY suit. So he answered:

Thanks for your understanding and I will send you a new photo status report for your own next Monday.

The plot thickens... interesting. Keep us posted. I decided to go another route but I'm still interested in knowing how these turn out and even how they hold up. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of people seem to be strangely suspicious about my presence here, but honestly, I'm just trying to tell you guys I have done business with FBA in the past and some of the benefits and challenges of their suits. As I mentioned, if you want to see them in all their glory there are multiple shots of them at https://www.facebook.com/bramptonironman

If you have questions or want details on the suits, I am happy to provide them. Just let me know.

In the meantime, here are some pics of the FBA suits:

IMG_2249.jpgIMG_2022.jpgIMG_3731.JPG

Not really, i found this when i searched google, i typed in 'fullybody armours legit?' and this forum was right at the top,
I'm seriously pissed off with this guy as my order (due in October) is now 'coming' late December. problem is I have a show in November
He says he doesn't use phones but by law in order to be a paypal seller you have to give out a phone number.
I'm gutted about this but I need that bloody suit!

If ANYONE gets their order please PM me or post in here asap,

Thanks

Jon

Ok I just got my delivery date pushed back AGAIN by James. He said my suit will be delivered by the end of November. This is the 6th time he has pushed my date and I bought this in June!! So frustrating.

OK guys I just received my suit today via DHL around 4:30 pm. The suit is wrapped in a thin type foam paper of sorts but we'll wrapped. As I was taking things out of the box there was a couple of tiny screws that had fallen out, didn't think too much about it as there is a small tool kit that was included in the box so I figured must have came out of that. Got everything out and unwrapped so now it's time to really look at the suit. Me personally I'm a perfectionist so my level of detail is very high when I check things. The paint job for the most part isn't bad, has some spots where there was too much paint and it ran but not bad. Time to put this thing on. We'll what a nightmare that turned out to be. First of all I have no instructions as to how the hell am I supposed to get this thing on so upon laying the pieces out and trying for over an hour to only discover that they had mounted the wearing harness backwards and on opposite sides of the legs I had to start reengineering the thing. Got stuff separated so let's try legs first. Ughhhh what a fiasco that was. Upon trying to get it to fit right pieces started coming off. Yes they used hot glue in some of the curved areas, right behind the knee area and calf area. Lots of elastic is in this thing and the pieces are hot glued to them. After turrets syndrome kicked in I had to take a break before I really got upset. Tried on bicep/forearm pieces. Very tight fit with everything. I got both missile bays on my forearms and it's a tight squeeze getting them on. The LEDs fell off on both of them because they were hot glued also so as I was putting my arm through off they came. The missile bay doors were loose somewhat so some adjustments are necessary and one of the actual missiles is missing so I have to make one. When I fully put on both arm pieces bending your arms WON'T happen. At this point I'm getting frustrated with this suit. Time to try on shoes. Finally something that fit, little tight but manageable. Let's try the electronics shall we. Pretty simple for all the hook ups. The only real issue is the really small push buttons in the hands next to the thumb area. I found it much easier to operate them by putting them by your index finger. They used hot glue and velcro so easy enough to fix. Time to test stuff...hand Repulsors with sound work good, helmet opens/closes smoothly and eyes light up nice and bright, forearm missiles need some adjustments but overall nice design, back wing flaps - well not so good. After looking closer, 2 of the servos were missing the screws that go on to the control arm to move the flap up and down. Easily replaced but may require some tweaking so be careful. The LEDs in the suit are very bright and give a nice effect but the hot glue again may not hold so you might want to use a very strong adhesive. The battery cases royally suck. They either need replaced or you'll have to figure out exactly a better way for them to stay together. I still have yet to have this suit on completely and after just a few hours of just what I went through I have more repairs than anything before I can even think about trying to wear this thing. I'm actually taking a day off work so I can get this thing prepared for my convention this weekend. Also looking through the helmet with the face mask shut and eyes lit vision is very obscure so I hope you have a handler to help you navigate if your walking around like that. For those still waiting on delivery hang in there. I was about ready to do the refund myself but had to convince myself to be patient. I'll be doing a video review soon and I'll be posting it up on YouTube and I'll post it here as well. If you guys need reference pics or anything give me a shout and I'll do what I can to help.

Superdave, thanks for your review. In any case, it's a good thing that there is again a person who has received the suit.
That the quality falls short here and there is another story :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back