thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice

I got my suit about 2 weeks ago (after ordering it in mid July), and have been working on it every day after work. I've found that most of the connectors are just glued together instead of crimped, so I bought some new JST and Dupont connectors. I'm also attempting to use Magnets as Dave mentioned for the hands, I'll post an update after this weekend to let people know how it works.

Jersey...don't forget the metal plates for the magnets...just a reminder is all. 11lb pull should do the trick. Anything above that you're going to need a crow bar lol.

This is my first ironman suit form FBA. With a lot of work. But i'm kind of happy with the result.
(i wasn't wearing the gloves at the moment.

I cut out the back wing flaps. And the forearm missiles i never use because it doesn't work like it should.
Also the faceplate quit working after this show, so i'm gonna have to trie to fix that... maybe i can install the servo's from the backwingflaps... i don't know yet.

IMG_20160114_195543.JPG

My suit is finally picked by DHL now, so i expect it in the next week. Let me know if anyone is interested in a video report from me..

Sorry, no vids yet. I am still figuring out everything. As Dave said, it is a whole work around to get everything set up for yourself. I am waiting for my batteries for the controlpanel. BUT: here a some pictures!

IMG_1193.jpgIMG_1185.jpgIMG_1182.jpgIMG_1180.jpgIMG_1179.jpg

OMG, nearly had a heart attack reading the website was offline. Thinking my suit will never arrive and my money would be gone.

Well, for me the website is working (in Belgium)

BBG, I can imagine that you nearly had a heart attack due this issue. if I had not received it, I would have that also. But yeah, it's working again:)
But I am glad that it works again because I am waiting for some replacement :facepalm

Last edited:
PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!! THEY ARE FRAUDULENT. After 6 months I received a suit that was a piece of garbage, it did not fit, pieces fell off, pieces were broken, crappy glue held nothing together. Of course Paypal can not do anything because it is custom, so now I have to reach out to my credit card company. DO NOT WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ON THIS ITEM. They no longer reply to my emails. PLEASE CREATE MORE REVIEWS/VIDEOS ONLINE. THEY ARE SCAM ARTISTS.https://buyfullbodyarmors.com

I just got my message from James that my suit has been picked up by DHL.
i'm a little bit scared of what i'm gonna get, but also excited...

Although the first suit was a disaster with all the damages it gets, i really get some good comments of people...
So with some editing i hope this one also gets the good comments!

Hi Guys,

My suit is due to ship next week after ordering in December and it should have arrived late Jan. However, I have been following this forum and I am now considering cancelling my order after reading the nightmares people have had. I really want a suit but I am so worried its going to keep falling apart and the fact you have to practically re-build it yourself and modify is really daunting especially for someone who has spent all their money on the suit itself so can't afford further mods.

I paid £2,500 for my suit and I am so worried. Anyone got any help/advice? James has said before I can get a refund.

Got my suit 2 days ago!

Well... this is gonna be a hell of a job...

1: both hand lights only work if i push the wires... gonna have to solder them in or so...?

2: Connecting the arm wires to the hand wasn't very easy... i needed the extra wires in the box to figure it out... but it's ok now.

3: The plates over the hands fell of just by blowing at them... kind of stupid, because they have the button to open the arm missiles under them....

4: The paint of the helmet was done by an amateur... paint was ugly as hell on the "teeth" part.... gonna have to redo it.

5: If i open the helmet wen looking a bit down... the faceplate comes down again... don't have a proper solution for this..

6: The hanging system is really ****.. wtf... just gonna have to start this all over again...

7: Padding: there are a LOT of places where your skin just touches some chip boards, or screws in the legs or chest that are gonna hurt you VERY much... Or you will break some chip electric boards off in the arms... couldn't they make this a little secure for the protection of the system?? it's a suit for god's sake!

8: some wires on the electrical chip board just came loose... i had to figure out where they should go... and that's not easy, because i have no experience with that....

9: The chest light didn't work... had to solder the wires back on, it's ok now.

10: the microphone and speaker are pure crap... noth worth any money..

11: The hands are gonna have to be remodelled, and the buttons need another place ... Maybe also cutting down the fingers... this is not wearable.

12: it looks ****ing awesome :D :D :D

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back