thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice

Hey everyone I've been thinking about ordering the war machine version from the fullbodyarmor site. Does anyone know anyone who bought that style suit? Also for all of you who have gotten your suits I'm trying to find out about the durability i dont want to buy the suit wear it to one con and have it fall apart can anyone provide some feed back on that?

so dave i mean they have the price as 2700 for a basic suit would you say its worth it or no I'm not very good at this pepakura stuff so i wanted to try and find a pretty well put together suit and do my own paint mods etc. but this suit sounds like more of a hassle than anything. thoughts?

Hi Dallasdc,
Welcome to the forum. Have a good read through all the post on this thread, you'll find the answers you're looking for. Buyfullbodyarmors basically make suits that require re-assembling. Parts will fall off and you will more than likely have to redesign the whole wearing system to make it work for you. The suit does look fantastic when it's on and the electronics are great, but, as Dave will agree, be prepared to spend many hours getting the suit in order. It's hard to say if it's worth the money, yes the suit looks great but the workmanship and planning is terrible. Also, don't trust their expected shipping time, as I was first told my suit would be shipped around 20th September, I received it finally in mid December - I ordered in June!

THANK YOU SUPERDAVE!!

Well looks like Sicarius and Shade 086 are beïng paid to post this, i can't believe he could get the suit after one month wile some of us are waiting for more than 6 months!

OK: My question:

Would it be a good idea to search for some spray on Resin to spray over the suit to protect the paint from blattering off like on Superdave's suit?
Anybody has experience with some kind of products like that?

#StillWaitingForMySuit

Mine is going into the body shop. One of my good friends has his own shop and he has done several projects on the past for me ranging from guitars to my cap shield to project cars. Once I get the suit set up with a new harness and reinforce certain joints as well as a few improvements its going in for a real paint job. We are also considering a few carbon fiber hydro graphic additions. Its going to take a few months but it should turn out great. Now if I can just loose this holiday weight so the darn suit fits!

THANK YOU SUPERDAVE!!

Well looks like Sicarius and Shade 086 are beïng paid to post this, i can't believe he could get the suit after one month wile some of us are waiting for more than 6 months!

Would it be a good idea to search for some spray on Resin to spray over the suit to protect the paint from blattering off like on Superdave's suit?

#StillWaitingForMySuit

get paid?!
seriously?
don't be so stupid!!! and Talk ****
i orderd One and i get One .

iam from Germany and Not from Shanghai like James

here a few pictures

24169438tk.jpg

24169534cl.jpg

24169543ox.jpg

24169566jj.jpg

i have only One post here to inform me about the offer of the site.

RPF is the only source with any information about fullbodyarmor.
and i feel with you and all your anger.
i mailed James a few harsh Mails and in my case it works.
i dont Know why ....but my Suite is here.

i Must rebuild the whole beltsystem...it sucks and many parts are not glued well.
but the quality is still good.

if One of you have some * normal* questions ...ask me.

but stop talking stupid crap like getting paid or something else.

greetz

marcel

ok sorry sicarius and shade086, it just looked such an similar post with shade that it really looked like it was not real.
Apologies.

But i'm kind of really pissed of with james now... wtf...

i can understand that you are pissed about it.
month ago i saw the same pictures here that i recieved from James as progressstatus.
then i wrote him that i can't believe him.
then he said me every week other circumstances why he and his Team can not finished the suits.
early December i recieved my trackingnummber for DHL.
than it arrived.

THANK YOU SUPERDAVE!!

#StillWaitingForMySuit

Dear Beat, sorry but none paid to me for my post. As i said if anyone want more info about my shippment and order, i'll give it. Including invoices or dhl track receipts,... for pm if is neccesary.

EDIT: (Now i'd seen you apologies, np ,thank u)

Thanks Superdave for your help with mainboard. I'd fixed it.

I have one bad notice. One of my dog broke a little bit the chest (it fall down from the mannequin, was an accident) and i have to repair it. :(

I'm working on it.

Here they are.

I've separated like SuperDave the chest, arms and other parts. I think that are good ideas. Sorry for turned images.

IMG_0540.JPGIMG_0539.JPGIMG_0538.JPGIMG_0537.JPGIMG_0536.JPGIMG_0535.JPGIMG_0534.JPGIMG_0529.JPGIMG_0528.JPG

I did receive my suit for my nonprofit organization, Foundation 4 Heroes. We visit children in hospitals and Wounded Warriors. Anyway, the suit is miserable to put on, they made it for me, 5'11, 225 and I wound up trying t get it on a 5'8" 175 lb guy. I did have my credit card help me get a refund. I have the suit still but no one wants to wear it. It takes a good hour to get it on but falls apart with each use.

I really recommend u to make the Superdave's modifications i'm working on it and really upgrades the suit distribution.

Anyone knows what kind of plastic are green and red one? ABS, PP, EPT, EVCT,....

I need to repair the broken parts (from the accident) and i want to use the perfect epoxy/glue.

IMG_0526.JPG

Thanks in advance.

Christian.

so how do you guys transport your suit?
I suppose you all bought a lot of foam for protection?

I'm thinking about 2 big Flightcases with wheels.
View attachment 573627
Hi BeatboxerBBG,
I was wondering the same thing? I wanted to try and get a case big enough for all the parts and with precision cut foam but I can't find anywhere to do this. Plus I have to wait for my suit to actually arrive before I can sort it.

I am so annoyed with FBA right now. I have emailed them loads asking for updates and James keeps saying its "normal processing" whatever that means! I pushed for a completion date and surprise surprise its not what was stated on the website! I told him I have arrange for insurance to start on the day it arrives (which I have) so I need the date that it will be ready. He has just told me it wont be before 25th Jan. My daughter is so upset she wont have Iron Man coming to her birthday party now :(

Wish there was another company I could use.

s-l1600.jpgShade...I've been using Loctite 2 part plastic epoxy with a 3450psi rating. Very strong for what you need to fix your stuff with. From what I can see in your pics looks like an easy fix. Hope that helps.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back