LIS The Keeper's Light Staff

cloudborn

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was recently watching an early episode of Lost in Space called "The Keeper". In that episode, the Keeper had a staff that illuminated when he called the creatures to his ship. I thought that would be an interesting prop to have in my collection but I wasn't able to find any information about it while researching the internet.

Anyone here have any additional info on this prop or know of anyone who has the original, or even a replica?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cloudborn @ Mar 7 2007, 12:50 AM) [snapback]1433528[/snapback]</div>
I was recently watching an early episode of Lost in Space called "The Keeper". In that episode, the Keeper had a staff that illuminated when he called the creatures to his ship. I thought that would be an interesting prop to have in my collection but I wasn't able to find any information about it while researching the internet.

Anyone here have any additional info on this prop or know of anyone who has the original, or even a replica?
[/b]

There was a replica of the staff on ebay last month. Check the completed auctions. It's the only one I have seen.

Thanks for the suggestion...I didn't think to search the completed auctions.

Here's a pic of the 12" figure of The Keeper holding the lightstaff for those who need a pic to jog their memory:

[attachmentid=12956]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Run Runner @ Mar 8 2007, 07:19 AM) [snapback]1434601[/snapback]</div>
There was a replica of the staff on ebay last month. Check the completed auctions. It's the only one I have seen.
[/b]

FYI, I looked up the staff on eBay and found it. Unfortunately, it wasn't accurate...not enough rings under the globe and looked to be too short. It wasn't clear to me in the auction if the seller actually created the staff or was reselling it.

Any members know anyone who makes this staff?

I have been looking for one ever since I saw someone at a Trek Con in the late 70"s with one.

Not many have been made from what I have seen. :(

Seems like it would be a fairly simple prop to make for those with skills working with lucite rods or or other clear plastics. The challenge would be adding the internal lighting and power source.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back