Wonder Woman

is there nudity in this film?, seriously I am so tired of the hype and what this movie "means for women", its a movie it don't mean nothing and its not about womens rights, its a movie. I can't wait to see it, but i figure given the time it occurs in we won't see batman cameo

While you may not see it is does mean a lot to women to finally see a female superhero on the big screen in a respectable manner. On the movie side this film is incredibly important to female directors, writers and for the future of female led superhero films. Simply the truth.

While you may not see it is does mean a lot to women to finally see a female superhero on the big screen in a respectable manner. On the movie side this film is incredibly important to female directors, writers and for the future of female led superhero films. Simply the truth.

thats the hollywood spin, if there is equality they need to stop pushing the woman angle

thats the hollywood spin, if there is equality they need to stop pushing the woman angle

If there was equality, there would have been more than 4 female led superhero films made in the last 20 years, compared with the 57 with male leads:

Ratio.JPG

That's the point. There IS no equality yet when it comes to female representation in these movies. And if you don't give a damn, that's fine. It's your right to pretend there's nothing wrong here. However, don't wonder why those of us who see this as an issue DO see it as an issue.

there is nothing wrong, heres an example, how many magazines feature naked men? hardly any. you don't see me complaining, this is part of hollywoods war on men. what next superhero affirmative action? isn't the only network superhero show on now super girl? end the war on men.

there is nothing wrong, heres an example, how many magazines feature naked men? hardly any. you don't see me complaining, this is part of hollywoods war on men. what next superhero affirmative action? isn't the only network superhero show on now super girl? end the war on men.

"War on men". Wow. That has to be the most painfully ignorant thing I have read on this board to date.

There is no "war on men," just women trying to get an equal shot at anything other than being portrayed as t&a, victims, or plot conveniences. Not to mention female directors fighting to be viewed as something other than an anomoly. In 2017, Wonder Woman's success should not be as big of a story as it is, because we should have been able to evolve past this bull**** by now.

As far as tv goes, Supergirl is hardly the only comic property currently on tv, so I have no idea what you are talking about there. Tv and movies are very different business models.

Last edited:
maybe I should go cry about her shaved armpits, and how women aren't respected enough. We agree on one thing, Wonder Woman success shouldn't be a big story just because she is a woman. It should be a big story because it looks like the first DC superhero movie thats done good. There is a war on men going on right now in America, if you don't see it thats another issue. As for female directors, didn't some chick beat James Cameron for her movie way back when? The efforts to marginalize and wussify men is ongoing. Anyway I think this movie should stand on its own as a good superhero movie, not a good "woman" movie as that discriminates against men

Hollywood is still run by old, white, men with all their prejudices. It took Ryan Reynolds LEAKING the the Deadpool test footage to get that movie made Unmolested by the old men who would have gone for PG 13 so they can squeeze out a couple more dollars. I was watching Dragonfly with my wife the other night and Kevin Costner goes to the fridge and gets a beer, and it struck me that it was a generic beer label set on the table off to the side with the back of the bottle showing. Today the old men would have had it be Name brand front and center in your face. No, women and minorities are still regarded as unprofitable UNLESS of course they are going for an Oscar. Don Cheadle had a great tweet about the womens only showings basically saying to the insecure Misogynists to Sit down and STFU. I had a huge preteen crush on Linda Carter, and this tickles me no end.

Dark Knight you are coming across like a white guy in the early 60s south. "What are the Coloreds complaining about? Don't they have their own drinking fountains? I don't see no problem here." Hollywood still has a lot of problems bub whether you choose to see it or not.

there have always been woman heroes, Kathy Kane the original Batwoman, Supergirl etc etc, Hollywood is hypocritical, they don't practice what they preach, but if women and minorities are unprofitable (I don't believe that true) what do you expect? Theres no attitude here, Im just saying its sad that a movie can't stand on its own without some people pushing a political agenda. As for regions, I would say to meany people inn the NW and in England are looking to use this word "misogyny", its ruined their places, this is still America, I still have the right to free speech, I buy movie tickets, statues props and models-where do some of you get off with your holier than thou attitude? is "Misogyny" the new "N" word?

Last edited:
I remember as a kid how I felt after hearing Darth Vader say "I...am your Father." It was chilling, and that whole 'twist' aside...the goosebumps and fun wow emotions that it produced were in essence what made going to the movies fun.
Ahh the good old days. When movies were real. :)

Until Wonder Woman, I guess I never really realized how much I missed those fun emotions. No, there were no real twists but man were the emotions during this film fun to ride.
I had a smile on my face for most of the film, teared up more than once out of that pure thrill of emotions and just had a whole bunch of fun watching this killer awesome movie.
Music is also important to me with these hero films and man did they ever get that right with WW.
Gal had me sold in BvS, but this is next level as far as I'm concerned.

For me it's hands down the best superhero movie ever and I say that with respect because there is a lot of amazing Superhero movies out there.
Better than the first Iron Man, better than Batman Begins and better than the first GOTG.
So happy for WB/DC.

David

Folks, this argument is utterly, CONTEMPTIBLY stupid on all sides.

Is there a historical bias against female-led films? Sure.

Is that bias being slowly eroded away by strong female leads like Supergirl and Wonder Woman? Seems like it.

Is this a good thing? Of course.

Is there a "war on men"? Yes, insomuch as there are hyperfeminists out there who advocate for the death/sterilization of men or the complete subjugation of men under female rule, but (and this is the important part) THIS DOES NOT ENCOMPASS THE BELIEFS OF TRUE FEMINISTS. These people are about as relevant as the males (I adamantly refuse to call them men) who advocate the "barefoot and pregnant" ideals, and should be held in the same regard.

Is ANY of the whining and complaining from both sides going to help in the long run? No. Whining and complaining is not fixing the problem. When you're trying to hang a picture on the wall, you don't complain about how the nail isn't in the wall yet. You take the damned hammer and pound it in, then move on.

Folks, this argument is utterly, CONTEMPTIBLY stupid on all sides.

Is there a historical bias against female-led films? Sure.
Is that bias being slowly eroded away by strong female leads like Supergirl and Wonder Woman? Seems like it.
Is this a good thing? Of course.

Is there a "war on men"? Yes, insomuch as there are hyperfeminists out there who advocate for the death/sterilization of men or the complete subjugation of men under female rule, but (and this is the important part) THIS DOES NOT ENCOMPASS THE BELIEFS OF TRUE FEMINISTS. These people are about as relevant as the males (I adamantly refuse to call them men) who advocate the "barefoot and pregnant" ideals, and should be held in the same regard.

Is ANY of the whining and complaining from both sides going to help in the long run? No. Whining and complaining is not fixing the problem. When you're trying to hang a picture on the wall, you don't complain about how the nail isn't in the wall yet. You take the damned hammer and pound it in, then move on.

Wise and pragmatic words from The Mad Professor! Although I respectfully disagree that the term "war on men" is valid, at least not in any real world sense. It seems to be a concept that only exists in the perpetually paranoid minds of alarmists. Real men don't get their cojones tied in a knot every time a woman gets to share a little bit of the limelight.

Are we done with the stupid arguments back and forth about feminism as it pertains to this movie and Hollywood in general? Remember the last there was a heated debate over this very same topic in the Ghostbusters reboot thread? It got super heated and completely derailed the thread until it was nothing but a bunch of vitriol and hate back and forth until the thread was finally closed because of it. So, why don't we all just agree to disagree, call it a day and go back to discussing based solely on its merits, or lack there of depending on your point of view, and keep the politics out of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Wise and pragmatic words from The Mad Professor! Although I respectfully disagree that the term "war on men" is valid, at least not in any real world sense. It seems to be a concept that only exists in the perpetually paranoid minds of alarmists. Real men don't get their cojones tied in a knot every time a woman gets to share a little bit of the limelight.
Well stated. You said it better than I did.

So once again both sides of the argument are so sure that they are correct that they feel it necessary to engage in personal attacks and childish name calling.

The RPF is a privately owned forum, and as such, you are not free to say whatever you want... BUT that also means that you are not going to be shielded from reading an opinion that you may disagree with. If you are unable to see those opinions and refrain from personal attacks, use the ignore feature and move on. But since you can still be exposed to opinions contrary to your own even while using the ignore feature, you might want to consider skipping a particular topic or even an entire sub-forum if you just can't keep from making personal attacks.

Again, this post refers to both sides so please don't think that because you feel you are right or in the majority, this post somehow doesn't apply to you.

Just got back and overall I really liked it. The chemistry between Pine and Gadot was good. Nice to see that the amazons weren't all spindly models- there were muscles, scars and other things Hollwood usually plasters over. It was a bit weird trying to put "Clair Underwood" out of my head when seeing Wright though, since I'm knee-deep in the latest House of Cards. I guess my main criticisms would be too much Snyder-slo-mo, CGI end-boss-battle and the ugly color timing. I'm sick of the desaturated vomit-green tint everywhere and wish it would have looked more like the left and not the right.

wwcolor.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back