Wonder Woman

Being a comic book nerd I have seen some movies that I thought I would never see on the big screen, but did I cry when Spider-Man webbed up a dude? When Captain America hoisted his shield? Of course not. Now cheering and stuff like that, of course I have done that in a theater. I have also got a bit misty in a theater before too, but it was over more thematic issues as opposed to a character fighting, which we have seen already in BvS. I just dont understand.

Clearly you dont understand. You pretty much just illustrated the point of why Wonder Woman is different and more important than any other superhero movie before it. We've seen male superheroes do the same old things in the same old situations time and time again. Finally, a hero who has meant so much to so many and has stood the test of time in the comics while going toe to toe with the boys is getting the kind of treatment the character truly deserves. It was important that this be a good movie and I'm not talking about the studios. Maybe you cant look outside your narrow view and put yourself into other's shoes to try and grasp why this time its just a little more meaningful, but that doesn't mean its not. You dont have to agree with other people's point of view, but next time why dont you try looking at it from their perspective instead of just being dismissive.

If youre referring to me, and what I said about the article, the way it was written was ridiculous. But if youre going to be that dramatic and put me on ignore then fine. Even that thing you posted is showing how much pressure there is on a movie about a fictional character. I think things get way over blown now a days, this is a movie for crying out loud. People turn it into a feminist war cry when its meant to be entertainment.
Also regarding the image that Firesprite posted...Yeah, after I walked out of BvS, I vowed never to watch another Zack Snyder movie again...so theres that. But it probably doesnt matter. :rolleyes

Everything these days is 'womens last stand in entertainment'. boo fricken hoo.

like i posted before, i think they'll be fine if this should happen to fail......

As for cheering, it shouldn't matter if i see it on a saturday two days away from opening day, or a week or two later. if it's people's first time seeing it, i should get some emotional response. i've never seen cheering or clapping or crying. we must have a dull theater setup :)

Clearly you dont understand. You pretty much just illustrated the point of why Wonder Woman is different and more important than any other superhero movie before it. We've seen male superheroes do the same old things in the same old situations time and time again. Finally, a hero who has meant so much to so many and has stood the test of time in the comics while going toe to toe with the boys is getting the kind of treatment the character truly deserves. It was important that this be a good movie and I'm not talking about the studios. Maybe you cant look outside your narrow view and put yourself into other's shoes to try and grasp why this time its just a little more meaningful, but that doesn't mean its not. You dont have to agree with other people's point of view, but next time why dont you try looking at it from their perspective instead of just being dismissive.
I disagree with you there. I dont think its the most important super hero movie ever made. I would probably give that title to the first Superman movie. Or maybe The Dark Knight. Its so funny how some of you people are on this forum, just because I dont relate to a certain kind of demographic of people and bam. I get called all kinds of things. I get that this movie is a big deal for women, but I think people are taking things a bit too far with it. Its just a movie for crying out loud. And you know what the funny thing is? Studios are in the business to make money, their medium is movies. Did it ever occur to you that in order to make more money, that they catered to all the feminists that they knew would go see this? Its not like this is some indie flick made because its art. Its designed to make money, so hopefully its not a paint by the numbers hero flick with a woman as the main protagonist. I havent seen it yet, but Im hoping that its not. I like Wonder Woman, I loved her in the Justice League cartoon. I just dont like how much politics and baggage a movie seems to carry now a days.

I wonder how the reactions would have been to this movie pre internet. Maybe not even pre internet, maybe like early 2000's.

You know what movie Im excited to see that has a female lead? Atomic blonde. Now THAT looks like a kick ass movie.

I disagree with you there. I dont think its the most important super hero movie ever made. I would probably give that title to the first Superman movie. Or maybe The Dark Knight. Its so funny how some of you people are on this forum, just because I dont relate to a certain kind of demographic of people and bam. I get called all kinds of things. I get that this movie is a big deal for women, but I think people are taking things a bit too far with it. Its just a movie for crying out loud. And you know what the funny thing is? Studios are in the business to make money, their medium is movies. Did it ever occur to you that in order to make more money, that they catered to all the feminists that they knew would go see this? Its not like this is some indie flick made because its art. Its designed to make money, so hopefully its not a paint by the numbers hero flick with a woman as the main protagonist. I havent seen it yet, but Im hoping that its not. I like Wonder Woman, I loved her in the Justice League cartoon. I just dont like how much politics and baggage a movie seems to carry now a days.

I wonder how the reactions would have been to this movie pre internet. Maybe not even pre internet, maybe like early 2000's.

You know what movie Im excited to see that has a female lead? Atomic blonde. Now THAT looks like a kick ass movie.

Not even 2000. try more like 2012.

Now, watch how some people here will call you part of the problem, claim you hate women and women lead movies, and say you want to see these fail, while making sad, pathetic 'jokes' about your love life. and people LET them get away with it, because to some folks, they either agree with the nasty message being sent because it's seen as 'supportive' to a cause, or folks are just too scared to stand up to these type of people. because they know the kind of crazy that they will attract if they do, and arn't ready for that level of interaction.

we all say stupid things at times, but some of this goes beyond stupid.

But the really sad part, is that the standard social justice warrior, those that truly believe that battering people over the head with their cause again and again and again will get the person who doesn't agree with them to change their evil ways.....and those that have long ago given that up and just enjoy being dicks to people who don't agree with them....don't see this doesn't help their cause. it just makes people angrier, causes unrest, and chases people away.

don't like someone's opinion? ignore them. simple as that. move on with your life. I've got 15 people or so on my ignore list from this site alone that all exhibit these types of odd confrontational behavior... it's not a trophy. it's not something i'm happy about loosing even total strangers online. it's just something that's done, and you move on. they do their thing, you do your thing. less and less people are letting the SJW attitude get a pass, and I'm glad to see it's finally starting to get around here too...cause that type of poster just makes things far more stressful than it has to be.

everyone else seems to get along..

Not even 2000. try more like 2012.

Now, watch how some people here will call you part of the problem, claim you hate women and women lead movies, and say you want to see these fail, while making sad, pathetic 'jokes' about your love life. and people LET them get away with it, because to some folks, they either agree with the nasty message being sent because it's seen as 'supportive' to a cause, or folks are just too scared to stand up to these type of people. because they know the kind of crazy that they will attract if they do, and arn't ready for that level of interaction.

we all say stupid things at times, but some of this goes beyond stupid.

But the really sad part, is that the standard social justice warrior, those that truly believe that battering people over the head with their cause again and again and again will get the person who doesn't agree with them to change their evil ways.....and those that have long ago given that up and just enjoy being dicks to people who don't agree with them....don't see this doesn't help their cause. it just makes people angrier, causes unrest, and chases people away.

don't like someone's opinion? ignore them. simple as that. move on with your life. I've got 15 people or so on my ignore list from this site alone that all exhibit these types of odd confrontational behavior... it's not a trophy. it's not something i'm happy about loosing even total strangers online. it's just something that's done, and you move on. they do their thing, you do your thing. less and less people are letting the SJW attitude get a pass, and I'm glad to see it's finally starting to get around here too...cause that type of poster just makes things far more stressful than it has to be.

NeilT (sorry, KrangPrime), most people don't really care one way or the other about your opinions. They simply get annoyed because you're an insufferable malcontent harboring the worlds least earned persecution complex. Wouldn't you agree that's a fair assessment?

Please ignore trolling, or if you feel a line has been crossed, please don't hesitate to click the report post button.

tumblr_lvr7f19jER1qa5z7co1_500.jpg

Last line is solid advice. But nobody has your perspective except you. An upcoming Black Panther movie might be 'more important' for another person because they relate to that character. But lets not put people down because they dont share your lens to a specific character. Heck, I dont get The Rock Horror Picture Show, but its the longest running and only film to still be shown in theaters since opening day back in the 70's?

Ive been a WW fan since Lynda Carter, I hope this movie does the character justice and is profitable for the franchise to spawn sequels. At the end of the day, it will need to make money for the studio, if not she will be an ancillary character moving on. Wife and I are anxious to see it tomorrow.

IMHO, important superhero movie pillars over time were Superman the movie (1978), Nolans Batman franchise and the first Robert Downy Iron Man flick. They were all huge box office successes that green lit a flood of more superhero movies.

My guess is it will pull in $450m Worldwide. After production, promotion costs plus theater fees......It will be profitable. Not Deadpool profitable, but profitable. I want a WW2 sequel where Capt America makes a small cameo. But who will play Pines character would be a head scratch er.

Last line is solid advice. But nobody has your perspective except you. An upcoming Black Panther movie might be 'more important' for another person because they relate to that character. But lets not put people down because they dont share your lens to a specific character. Heck, I dont get The Rock Horror Picture Show, but its the longest running and only film to still be shown in theaters since opening day back in the 70's?

Ive been a WW fan since Lynda Carter, I hope this movie does the character justice and is profitable for the franchise to spawn sequels. At the end of the day, it will need to make money for the studio, if not she will be an ancillary character moving on. Wife and I are anxious to see it tomorrow.

IMHO, important superhero movie pillars over time were Superman the movie (1978), Nolans Batman franchise and the first Robert Downy Iron Man flick. They were all huge box office successes that green lit a flood of more superhero movies.
Very well said. I completely agree with your opinion on the more important super hero movie choices. I forgot about the first Iron Man. Dont know how I could, it kick started the MCU.

where is the midnights edge appreciation thread? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FARnnc33kwk

not linked due to some material...but it covers alot of the crazy going on with this movie from the start.

Colbie Smulders may not have the wonder woman exotic look, but i would have been interested in her take on it. she was awesome in avengers.

Maybe you should start one.

Also, RE: Alamo Draft House's women-only showings.... It was TWO showings out of the hundreds available that had no limitation. The comment in the video about it hurting the very audience who wanted to see the film? Yeah, that doesn't actually wash if you look at the comments being made by those against it. Especially in light of the many men who expressed support of it.

And before we get going here: if you can name for me one single character that has been as symbolic and beloved to men as Wonder Women has been to women over the last 76 years, who was getting a movie that you wanted men's only viewings for, I promise you, I would have zero issue with it. The thing is, that you CAN'T, because there are So. Many. Dudes. in media that there's no universality as there is with Diana.

Last edited:
is there nudity in this film?, seriously I am so tired of the hype and what this movie "means for women", its a movie it don't mean nothing and its not about womens rights, its a movie. I can't wait to see it, but i figure given the time it occurs in we won't see batman cameo

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back