Fallout Sniper Rifle

Rothmore

I almost always play as a stealth character so naturally, I'm a big fan of sniper rifles. For my upcoming Lone Wanderer cosplay I've been trying to follow Hypercat's lead to modify a Nerf Longstrike into the DKS-501 sniper rifle featured throughout the Fallout series.

nerf_fallout_sniper_rifle_wip3_by_meowymeowmeow-d425tao.jpg
As you can see, with minimal modification this dart gun can be made to look very similar to the in game model.

IMG_20140414_185543_449.jpg
Following his lead, I started work on my own. Using the Nerf Longstrike as a base I added a scope from an older Nerf Longstrike. I also used two lengths of PVC pipe to extend the barrel. One smaller diameter pipe was wedged inside the muzzle of the rifle. A second larger diameter pipe I had to cut slots into to create that signature look of the heat shield. It wedged itself nicely on the outside of the muzzle.

IMG_20140519_184213_836.jpg
I've done a bit of painting, which is not really my strong suit, and it already looks much better. I need to add details and then weather it a bit and it will essentially be done. I'll post the final results!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back