Batman: Arkham Knight / Origins Suit Build

celtic0130

Hey All,
I've been working on a new batsuit a few months ago already..
This was supposed to be the Arkham Origins batsuit but while I was making it, The Arkham Knight game was confirmed and
pics of the batsuit went out.. Because of too much excitement and amusement of the new Armored suit from Arkham Knight,
I decided to continue working on my batsuit and just simply mash up whatever part I already have.. So here's some progress pics I had..

DSC_0523.JPGDSC_0526.JPGDSC_0533.JPGDSC_0536.JPGDSC_0539.JPGDSC_0004-2.jpgChest.jpg

More pics to follow soon..
I hope you guys like it :)

I've got a question about the first pic in your original post (the non-textured under armor of the pecs). I can see what looks like cuts in the foam to help when shaping it with a heat gun (just assuming that's how you did it), but how did you fill in the gaps so smoothly? I tried something similar for my chest armor for my batsuit, but there are big gaps in the cuts I made and I'm not sure how I should seal them up, especially since it's on a textured piece of foam.

You can kind of see what I mean here.

I've got a question about the first pic in your original post (the non-textured under armor of the pecs). I can see what looks like cuts in the foam to help when shaping it with a heat gun (just assuming that's how you did it), but how did you fill in the gaps so smoothly? I tried something similar for my chest armor for my batsuit, but there are big gaps in the cuts I made and I'm not sure how I should seal them up, especially since it's on a textured piece of foam.

You can kind of see what I mean here.

I put Cyanoacrylate adhesive (Super glue) on the gaps then push the pieces together firmly...
There would be some excess super glues that will eventually come out and just simply spread it all over the gaps to make a "sealer"..
When it dries, I'll just simply sand it down with a sand paper to make it smooth...

- - - Updated - - -

Are you free handing this mate?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Yes Sir! Free hand, scratch built with Foamies..

wow that's amazing! can't wait to see it completed :)

btw pare, is your foamies smooth on both sides? how did you do your texturing?

the foamies i use are the ones available at our local ace hardware/handyman.(1 side smooth, the other random grooves) haha
looking for better alternatives..thanks!

wow that's amazing! can't wait to see it completed :)

btw pare, is your foamies smooth on both sides? how did you do your texturing?

the foamies i use are the ones available at our local ace hardware/handyman.(1 side smooth, the other random grooves) haha
looking for better alternatives..thanks!

I have different kind of foamies here.. Bought it from Marikina, bro..
Their foamies / rubber sheets comes in different thickness and textures there..
They have 2mm - 7mm thick foamies.. They also have different varities of textured foamies like one that has Car tire details, mesh, etc.
You can buy them in rolls (2 meters in length and for about 1 meter in width) for about 150- 300 pesos..

Update!
Just finished working with my Gauntlets and installed some LED Lights to make it look like the
"Shockgloves" from the Batman Arkham Origins..

10306728_10203491515946990_3387094230436056382_n.jpg 10320617_10203491514826962_1438202781988957068_n.jpg

Just curious as I am a huge Batman fan and have subbed to this thread are you planning on scratch building the gloves (since you have the gauntlets done) or buying the gloves and building on to them.

Cowl looks pretty cool, did you just plastidip the foam and then paint it? Also, how thick are the foam sheets you used for the chest pieces? I went shopping around a few craft stores yesterday and all they seemed to have was this super thin stuff, probably about 1/8 of an inch.

Cowl looks pretty cool, did you just plastidip the foam and then paint it? Also, how thick are the foam sheets you used for the chest pieces? I went shopping around a few craft stores yesterday and all they seemed to have was this super thin stuff, probably about 1/8 of an inch.

I just put PVA Glue on the foam and painted it..
For the chest piece, I used 7mm thick plain foam then covered it with Textured 2mm foam..

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back