Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314
Subscribe
    From
    Las Vegas, NV
    Jun 16, 2018, 4:49 PM - Re: Your most recent original prop or costume acquisition #326

Collector's often talk about "grail" pieces. This one is mine: The original Predator bio-mask from 1986. It just arrived at my house this morning. For me it doesn't get better than this. I have done as much research as possible and posted it to Predatorium if you would like to know more and see more photos.

https://www.predatorium.com/forums/threads/predator-original-bio-mask-history.24368/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pedator-bio-mask-helmet-original-prop-02a.jpg 
Views:	400 
Size:	243.5 KB 
ID:	824601

From
    Arizona
    Jun 16, 2018, 6:00 PM - Re: Your most recent original prop or costume acquisition #327

Art Andrews said: View Post
    Collector's often talk about "grail" pieces. This one is mine: The original Predator bio-mask from 1986. It just arrived at my house this morning. For me it doesn't get better than this. I have done as much research as possible and posted it to Predatorium if you would like to know more and see more photos.

https://www.predatorium.com/forums/threads/predator-original-bio-mask-history.24368/

Wow, congratulations and GREAT writeup! I'll bet some of people you dissuaded from bidding want first crack at it if you ever decide to let it go, lol.
    From
    Las Vegas, NV
    Jun 16, 2018, 7:02 PM - Re: Your most recent original prop or costume acquisition #328

Surprises are just the best. I recently won Dolph Lundren's costume from Universal Soldier which included his "light armor vest" as seen in the early stages of the film (The Hoover dam rescue to be specific). In the auction there was a mention of a "sleeveless under vest." It wasn't pictured and I didn't know what it was, but figured it was just a shirt. My package arrived today (minus one glove ) and what do I find? Not only the light armor vest I expected, but ALSO his heavy armor vest that he wears throughout much of the film! The costume is nearly complete, but was missing a lot of the props (most of which are found parts. The photo on the left is the heavy armored vest and many of the missing props. The photo on the right is the photo from the auction with the light armored vest. Now I just have to repair the headset and we will be close to done!

Name:	Universal Soldier Dolph Lundgren Original Costume.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	824617
    4 Weeks Ago  Jun 17, 2018, 8:13 PM - Re: Your most recent original prop or costume acquisition #329

Nice score!
    From
    Denmark
    4 Weeks Ago  Jun 20, 2018, 3:12 PM - Re: Your most recent original prop or costume acquisition #330

Wauw!!! :O Congrats on getting this awesome piece, Art!
    The original Predator bio is my absolute favorite.

I like the final design as well, but this one just had so many cool details going on.

As soon as CoolProps released their replica about 4 years ago, I knew I had to have it.
    The paintjob was pretty bad, but I usually repaint most of my replicas anyway (certainly the licensed ones), so that didnít bother me.
    Back then I used my ĎThe Winston Effectí book as reference, along with some pics I found online. But wauw, your new, crisp pictures of the prop show all kinds of colors, paintsplatter and details that werenít visible before. Especially the metallic green and purple details were a surprise. Theyíre actually noticable on the old bts photos, but not enough to make you think that they were that vibrant IRL. I love finding out stuff like this.

Name:	3881DEE5-5780-42D9-A4CD-C8B00C412E8B.jpeg 
Views:	21 
Size:	764.5 KB 
ID:	825773

But that means I need to repaint my replica once more. My original paintjob was based a bit on the final predatorís look. With a metallic base, black washes and rusty weathering, painted tubes at the mouth area, and realistic blast marks. And Iíve been really pleased with the result since, but now itís way off.

Iíll go for a totally accurate paintjob, so Iím extremely happy that youíve taken so many great pictures.

Thereís a detail missing on my replica though. On the left temple, thereís a smooth area, on the original prop a few greeblies are present in that spot.
    Would you be able to provide a couple of pictures from different angles showing this area? I need to sculpt these. (Or find the original kit parts)
    Looks like they might have broken off, or an entire piece was missing on the bio which CoolProps based their mould on.

Name:	4CFD3EC6-BF88-489F-9879-5CF376108EAD.jpeg 
Views:	37 
Size:	702.6 KB 
ID:	825774

If you could find the time to take a picture showing the top of the bio and the chin/under side as well, that would be great. Would appreciate your help. Thanks.

Congrats again on finding your Predator grail piece.

From
    Las Vegas, NV
    4 Weeks Ago  Jun 20, 2018, 5:56 PM - Re: Your most recent original prop or costume acquisition #331

@SankaraRaider, I can take those for you (there are some other slight differences as well). If you are going to repaint yours, please keep in mind that I took these photos under absolute optimal lighting conditions for the purpose of making those colors pop. They are all there, but under average lighting they don't appear quite a vibrant.
  7. RPF Social Media Team masterjedi322's Avatar
    From
    Colorado
    4 Weeks Ago  Jun 22, 2018, 9:00 PM - Re: Your most recent original prop or costume acquisition #332

I recently picked up some Starfleet cadet uniforms from Star Trek 2009. I even wore one to Denver Comic Con last weekend! Super comfy!

Name:	2C8C6CC2-80AC-4A5A-9CCE-A195543B39FD.jpeg 
Views:	33 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	826236

Sean
    From
    Denmark
    4 Weeks Ago  Jun 23, 2018, 2:24 PM - Re: Your most recent original prop or costume acquisition #333

Great!!! Thanks!!!

Okay, I noticed a few myself, mainly smaller bits and details missing in the cast, not major differences.
    Please let me know if there’s any greater ones I’ve missed. Easier to fix stuff like that, before repainting.

Obviously the original clear lenses were changed for mesh ones (matching the City Hunter’s) when the mask was used in Predator 2.
    I’d like to keep the mask as it would have looked in Predator, had it not been replaced. But I may replace the lenses with better ones.

The original mask now has some heavy damage on the left eye, with a chunk missing - and there’s a hole at the top of the mask, which wasn’t there in the behind the scenes photos from 86’. It’s kind of hard to make out from screenshots if the damage was there in Predator 2. It likely happened afterwards, due to some accident or bad handling.

Looking forward to see the pics.

@SankaraRaider, I can take those for you (there are some other slight differences as well). If you are going to repaint yours, please keep in mind that I took these photos under absolute optimal lighting conditions for the purpose of making those colors pop. They are all there, but under average lighting they don't appear quite a vibrant.
  9. Member Since
    Apr 2011
    4 Weeks Ago  Jun 24, 2018, 10:46 AM - Re: Your most recent original prop or costume acquisition #334

masterjedi322 said: View Post
    I recently picked up some Starfleet cadet uniforms from Star Trek 2009. I even wore one to Denver Comic Con last weekend! Super comfy!

Name:	2C8C6CC2-80AC-4A5A-9CCE-A195543B39FD.jpeg 
Views:	33 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	826236

Sean
    Great outfit!
    My lady and I have got some of the Starship Troopers Plastic/Rubber Fleet flight suits that we tried to wear at a con in london during the summer some years back-nearly killed us!We had to change back into our mobile infantry grey "duty" uniforms just so we could breath again?
  10. RPF Premium Member MattgomeryBurns's Avatar
    From
    Los Angeles
    3 Weeks Ago  Jun 24, 2018, 8:32 PM - Re: Your most recent original prop or costume acquisition #335

Huge thanks to the dashing @MattMunson who sold me this Fifth Element set piece today. It's a top 5 film for me and this is my first piece from the movie. Very stoked for this!

Name:	screen used set piece 1.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	826618

Name:	screen used set piece 2.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	3.92 MB 
ID:	826619
    3 Weeks Ago  Jun 24, 2018, 11:19 PM - Re: Your most recent original prop or costume acquisition #336

glad to see it go to such a good home, sir! Awesome fifth E collection!
    From
    The Netherlands
    3 Weeks Ago  Jun 25, 2018, 11:26 AM - Re: Your most recent original prop or costume acquisition #337

Congrats! Indeed a lovely piece and I knew it would be sold in seconds when it was posted.