Prop Store

Your most recent original prop or costume acquisition

Discussion in 'Production Made Costumes and Props' started by Art Andrews, May 1, 2014.

1. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Owner Community Staff

I typically make a new thread for every new piece we get in our collection but thought it might be easier and more fun to see what others are adding to their collections, all in one thread.

So, here is our latest piece; Matt 'Axe' Axelson's (Ben Foster) stunt Mk 12 SPR from Lone Survivor. This movie had a strong impact on both Kristen and I and we immediately knew we wanted to own something from it. We both thought Ben Foster was exceptional in the movie, so to be able to own a prop that he can clearly be seen holding was fantastic! We have a number of screen matched pieces, but most of them you really have to strain to see the match. I have never owned a piece that could so easily be matched to what is seen on screen.

lone-survivor-axe-mk-12-special-purpose-rifle-2.jpg

lone-survivor-axe-mk-12-special-purpose-rifle.jpg

lone-survivor-axe-mk-12-special-purpose-rifle-3.jpg

2. Westies14

Westies14 Master Member

I loved that guy in 3:10 to Yuma! Cool piece.

3. c00mes

c00mes New Member

I have Just got Jay Baruchel's glasses from Tropic Thunder and his complete outfit from Fanboys

Art Andrews likes this.
  4. theronstang

theronstang Active Member

Rain's hat from Big Trouble in Little China, finishing payment on it tomorrow.
    5822122_orig.jpg

Should be getting this in the mail this coming week. Six Shooter puppet from Puppet Master X: Axis Rising.
    9126247_orig.jpg

Chaank, Psicorp7 and Art Andrews like this.
  5. Westies14

Westies14 Master Member

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  6. Art Andrews

That is INCREDIBLY cool!

theronstang likes this.
  7. theronstang

I've always loved that movie, especially the 3 Storms. I'm even more excited as I've been able to screen-match it to the alley fight scene. I can't believe it has kept its specific shapes after all this time.

8. c00mes

c00mes New Member

IMG_20140503_154215.jpg IMG_20140503_154157.jpg

here is the photos of mine :)

Art Andrews likes this.
  9. Monkey67

Monkey67 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Glad to see Rain's hat is getting a good home. Saw that it sold and figured some fizzle stick got it, but I was wrong. Congrats and I'm super jealous.

10. Birdie

Birdie Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Most recently Ryan Philippe's hero fighting mask from Franklyn

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Verona Beach license plate from Romeo & Juliet

[​IMG]

Art Andrews likes this.
  11. Art Andrews

Haven't seen the movie, but I'm digging the mask!

12. masterjedi322

masterjedi322 Sr Member

I most recently received a LaForge Season 7 PADD kit, but my most recent purchase was the ANOVOS Bespin fatigues. 'Can't wait for those to show up! Now I just need to find some boots...

Sean

13. tmax

tmax Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm liking the guessing game... Anyone recognize this screen used costume? From a few years ago now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399499759.633958.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. tmax

tmax Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

That is so dam cool! Well done. What an incredible movie. Watched it on the plane but I'll be buying it on blue ray for sure. Those scenes where they jump/fall down the rocks are unbelievable! I too was seriously impacted by this film. Would love a piece of the production! Uber jealous. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Psammead

Psammead Active Member

Here's a couple of my most recent pieces. No guesses for the first, the second picture is of two lion head brooches used on the Praetorian guard armour in Gladiator.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those of you in the UK may remember a Praetorian guard costume with a pilum but missing the cape doing the rounds on eBay a while ago, well I grabbed it, found a cape thanks to a member here, sword, scabbard, scutum and it's finally complete, pictures to come once I get another mannequin and space to set it up.

Sciens and GLXB like this.
  16. Art Andrews

Those are awesome!! Looking forward to the final photos!

17. Art Andrews

Here is my latest; a rather simple, but for me, an important part. It is the hero, all-metal spanner/crowbar from Pandorum. We see Bower, Payton and Gallo using this at one time or another, but Payton is seen with it the most, so it is a nice addition to my Payton Costume.

This thin weighs in at a whopping 8lbs! I really wonder if it was ever used in the movie at all, or just the master that rubber copies were cast from. Tough to say, but either way, it is a great piece to own!

pandorum-spanner-wrench.jpg
    pandorum-spanner-wrench-bower.jpg

pandorum-spanner-wrench-payton.jpg

pandorum-spanner-wrench-gallo.jpg

18. MoviePropCollector

MoviePropCollector Sr Member

I hope you didn't get that Audrey 2 from Germany or ebay.

Years ago there was a supposed original screen used Audrey 2 puppet in the coffee can on ebay. The seller was from Germany I believe and auctioned the item as a film original. It was radio controlled and a very nice replica, but it was not original and screen used as he claimed.

19. Psammead

Psammead Active Member

Don't worry, this came via a dealer in the US. The original part is just Audrey and the tin was added for the display.

Thanks for having my back though. :)

Art Andrews likes this.
  20. LDR

LDR Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

View attachment 319125

Wow, love this piece! Saw these items being sold by PropStore but couldnt afford them. Also would be impossible to import those rubber guns into the UK.

Well done on getting that piece.

Here is my one of my latest pieces, from World War Z, Captain Spekes uniform. Speke was played by James Badge Dale.

P1050280.jpg P1050281.JPG P1050282.JPG P1050284a.JPG P1050284.JPG P1050283.JPG world-war-z-picture09.jpg

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  21. theronstang

Finally got Six Shooter to add to my gang, this one is from Puppet Master X.
    5175553_orig.jpg

22. Bronson BB

Bronson BB Well-Known Member

As with nearly all of my props, this one is from Firefly.
    The medical exam chair from the medlab aboard Serenity.

14185635902_b1e7d7246f_o.jpg 14188170474_ed2cb6783b_o.jpg trash465.jpg

Raven713 likes this.
  23. Art Andrews

24. Art Andrews

I have never seen this movie. Maybe I need to check it out.

25. theronstang

If you haven't seen any of the series, I suggest checking out Puppet Master 1 and 3. Puppet Master X was decent but campy, more of a 7 out of 10 from a fan of the series, but I love the puppets from that movie. That and the puppets from the original movies never seem to show up for sale lol.

26. LDR

LDR Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I havent seen Puppet Master for years, remembering seeing it when I was a kid....many moons ago now!

Here are some more costumes I acquired recently. These are from Tears of the Sun, and are Doc, Atkins, Silk, Slo and Waters:

P1050350.JPG P1050353.JPG P1050359.JPG P1050362.JPG P1050367.JPG P1050372.JPG P1050375.JPG P1050380.JPG P1050382.JPG P1050388.JPG

Art Andrews likes this.
  27. stormtrooperguy

stormtrooperguy Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

28. Art Andrews

Color me VERY jealous! Really liked that movie and LOVE the gear!

29. Art Andrews

I showed this in the very first post, but wanted to show how we ultimately displayed this piece. Since we had an AMAZING photo of Ben Foster holding our gun in nearly a perfect profile position, we had the photo printed as a poster and the screen used gun mounted over the photo of the same gun. We particularly love how the prop "breaks" the frame and comes out of the photo. Pretty happy with this one. (Sorry for the reflections on the poster)

lone-survivor-axe-mk-12-special-purpose-rifle-display.jpg

stephen210 and Bigdaddy like this.
  30. SciFiMuseum

SciFiMuseum Well-Known Member

That is really cool Art! Love how you did the display, very simple and yet original at the same time.

31. Art Andrews

Thanks. We really weren't sure if it would actually look good until we had it done. I was really worried that it would just be one of those things that SEEMED like a good idea but in reality, fell flat. But I have to say, sitting here in the room, it looks good.

32. SciFiMuseum

How did you mount the rifle on top of the glass, I am sure it is obvious but I can't see any mountings.

33. Mandalorian444

Mandalorian444 New Member

That's truly awesome. Great movie and a very cool way of displaying that awesome prop.

34. Bronson BB

Bronson BB Well-Known Member

You ARE invited! :)

35. bolsoncerrado

bolsoncerrado Well-Known Member

+1!!!!!

36. bigdaz

bigdaz Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I've never seen these up for offer anywhere but I managed to pick one up in LA at the weekend . It's a screen used gold bar from the 2003 remake of The italian Job with Mark Wahlberg. The bar is approximately 10" long and made up of a copper resin compound with a gold plated outer skin. Feels very real and looks far better up close so I've put together a custom graphic display base to show case it.

Darren

IMG_6386.JPG

morsesith21 likes this.
  37. Nidgit

Nidgit Active Member

That is cool. The Balinese dancing girl if I recall.

My latest original prop is currently on the back of the FedEx truck awaiting delivery :D

38. Nidgit

Nidgit Active Member

Well, it's arrived. A very, very long, thin package. Anyone care to wager a guess ?

[​IMG]

39. Monkey67

It's a spear from a 300 / Troy movie?

40. Nidgit

Nidgit Active Member

Spot on :thumbsup

It's from Troy, when Achilles storms the Trojan beach-head with the Myrmidons. It's almost 8 feet long and has a retractable spearhead that collapses and slides back inside the spear shaft each time a Trojan was 'dispatched'

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

41. Monkey67

ah yeah dispatching the office workers. very cool and great pictures you have taken. thanks for sharing

42. Art Andrews

First, I replaced the cardboard backer for the frame with a sturdy but thin piece of mdf. Next we laid the prop over the poster and marked to places on the plexi; one just in front of the mag well (the point that holds the weight of the prop) and one just above the buffer tube (to keep the prop at the right angle. From there, we drilled holes through the plex, through the poster and through the new backer board. We put in long screws that had very large, flat heads that were colored a blackened brass, that tends to fade into the gun and the photo. The gun goes in between them and then rotates clockwise between them until it is locked in place by gravity and its own weight. It comes off in seconds, but would never fall off.

I was really nervous about * the mounting up and was quite pleased when it worked beautifully, just as planned. That is a rare thing. If I get a chance, I'll take a photo in the studio, so you can see it better.

SciFiMuseum likes this.
  43. Art Andrews

I am building a couple of those spears right now! Thank you for the reference photos!!!

44. Nidgit

Nidgit Active Member

Thanks guys. The spear also has some very fine (what looks like brass) tubing running down the either side of the shaft to carry the 'blood' when someone get's impaled. It's sunk just beneath the surface of the spear so it's barely visible and there are two small holes at the end of the shaft were the blade is. It's a very nifty design.

45. SciFiMuseum

Thanks for the explanation Art. Great idea and execution.

46. bigdaz

bigdaz Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I picked up these Helboy 1 & 2 production dental prosthetics recently and thought I'd throw them all into one display. The level of detailing, especially the Doug Jones Angel of Death teeth, shows you what a true art form creating these really is!

Teeth Display complete.jpg

47. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

That's genius, and one of the coolest prop displays I've seen, it looks like a window into the film! :cool:thumbsup

48. NaziHunter

NaziHunter New Member

Been searching for a while and finally got this, only thing missing are her leather gauntlets.

KB.JPG KB1.JPG

Sciens likes this.
  49. newworld

newworld Well-Known Member

That is BRILLIANT, Art. I'm stealing this idea! Great stuff.

Don

50. Art Andrews

Thanks, Don! Please post when you do. Would love to see it used for other applications!