Elsa from Frozen! Nightmare mode set.

I've had to do a detour or my original plans. This is what happens when you use a base fabric that shines so much- it's very crystaline so sequins just get lost. I'm now using rhinetones of all sizes.

Attachments

• sm_DSC_4644.jpg
    sm_DSC_4644.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 90
  • sm_DSC_4766.jpg
    sm_DSC_4766.jpg
    951.3 KB · Views: 96
  • sm_DSC_4752.jpg
    sm_DSC_4752.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 91
  • sm_DSC_4751.jpg
    sm_DSC_4751.jpg
    891.9 KB · Views: 96
  • sm_DSC_4685.jpg
    sm_DSC_4685.jpg
    854.3 KB · Views: 82
  • sm_DSC_4680.jpg
    sm_DSC_4680.jpg
    1,016.5 KB · Views: 86
  • sm_DSC_4676.jpg
    sm_DSC_4676.jpg
    945.7 KB · Views: 83
  • sm_DSC_4658.jpg
    sm_DSC_4658.jpg
    833.2 KB · Views: 85
  • sm_DSC_4647.jpg
    sm_DSC_4647.jpg
    849.6 KB · Views: 81
  • sm_DSC_4645.jpg
    sm_DSC_4645.jpg
    744.5 KB · Views: 86
Wow! That is going to sparkle like mad. :D I love your interpretation and reinterpretation of this dress. Sorry all the other hard work didn't work, but it looks like you are an endless well of creativity, so it works out!

I've had a bit of a set back on my Ingrid - something pulled at a string from the unhemmed bottom when I was moving it from where it was hanging to be less in my way - and the lace slit straight up the front half way... I'm pretty sure with the pattern of the lace and and with more beading I can hide a careful attempt to sew it back together, but I have to say watching your resilience is inspiring not to get down when my work doesn't go the way I was hoping.

Thank you Julia :) I am certain that you'll absolutely fix the issue :) I've rejoined lace and chiffon before, I'd recommend a fine silk of all things. I use Yli silk thread which is a two strand super fine thread. It works really well with a beading needle too :) It sounds like your lace is knitted, and it unravelled? Pretty sure though that a fine silk will work :)

11351436_10154018663935620_6348781740456743568_n.jpg sm_DSC_4706.jpgsm_DSC_4705.jpgsm_DSC_4654.jpgsm_DSC_4653.jpgsm_DSC_4651.jpgsm_DSC_4650.jpgsm_DSC_4649.jpgsm_DSC_4648.jpgsm_DSC_4761.jpg
And here is some work on the cape!

Luckily while I am not recouping full costs 9way too hard to work out) my extra supplies are going to good homes :) So at least I am not awash in a sea of sequins!

sm_DSC_4726.jpgsm_DSC_4724.jpgsm_DSC_4663.jpgsm_DSC_4758.jpg
So this is a project I'm working on while looking after a very poorly kitty. This is the first time I've shared a side by side photo of him before and after surgery. But he is obsessed with my cape fabric... I did give him some tulle from my Elissa project but no. This is new therefore better.

1486614_10154023285185620_5602014901779546316_n.jpg
And we have a cape! Well mostly. it needs hemmingwhich will include and edging of the same spider/snow tulle as the flurry and flakes. And a few interior flakes cut and put in place in some of the flurry cut outs.

65 flakes on the hem and sides.

OMG FINISHED!!! ANd I got amazeballs photos!!!
DSC_9755.jpg DSC_9766.jpg DSC_9776.jpg

DSC_9782.jpg DSC_9808.jpg
(All photos above taken and edited by Sylvie Kirkman of Little Noise Photography )

sm-DSC_1105.jpg sm-DSC_1089.jpg sm-DSC_0829.jpg sm-DSC_0745.jpg smDSC_1123.jpg

I literally traveled a day to get the first photos and then a day to get the second. Luckily on the way back home there had been another wave of snow on the mountains as they really were bare the days before! So those are not shooped, my freind drove us off course for about a 2.5hour detour to spend about 20minutes on the slopes of Mt Ruapehu, and you may recognise Mt Doom in the background ;) I do really recommend visiting all of New Zealand if you ever get this way. Our sceney changes so quickly. Just three hours from here is Hobbiton up north and parts of Rivendell south of here :)

Last edited:
The dress came out amazing and such beautiful shots of it! It's been a real joy to watch this come together. :)

Thank you :) I checked for damage- and it's just where i saw, so, phew! I need some silk floss in a slightly paler colour and that will be it :)

Thank you :) I have my sequin plan all set out, the only thing standing in my way is making the sewing holes small enough to be nearly invisible. My cutting machine won't make them and I am worried my plans to drill them will wind up with broken drill bits and sequins flying everywhere! But I have micro-drill bits, about 10 so I should be okay if I can manage to make small enough bundles.
I could use a laser cutter if any local Makerspaces have them...

Thank you :) Sorry for the delay, it's been a bit of a weird few months.

I still cannot find a way to make the perfect tiny holes for sewing. I had a moment of hope when I saw the local technology school has laser cutters, then it disappeared when I read no shiny plastics. Well that's holographic sequin sheets whatever way you cut it ;) And my cutter won't do holes smaller than 1mm and those are standard size and they are so obvious and distracting!

So I have yet to put my micro dremel drill bits to plastic as my workroom has become a studio. I am also terrified of the bits snapping as they are so long compared to their tiny diameter! I will need the benchtop press at the very least and a full face mask in case of flying bits. The bits really as so very fine that I am terrified of them. And as a kid (11) I got to use full scale drills to go through iron as part of school curriculum (you know, 1/4" thick metal and the machine was about 7' tall.... But these I can see shattering and flying in to my skin!

Plastic this fine will tear with a needle hole, which is why I keep looking for other options. If it comes to it though I may be able to do something along those lines.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back