Yoda VD lightsaber discussion

Re: Yoda VD lightsaber question

The whole oil pan is not confirmed--just speculated and has been the closest ever found...in that scale.
But--that 1:24 looks spot on. Just needs to be curved: sanded...whatever....but on a 1:12 scale.

Could always sand off the drain plug and add your own with a bead of epoxy.

What's the size of that oilpan in that picture? The one on my Bolsey Flash based lightsaber is about 34,5mm. Also post some pix when your Lamborghini emitter parts arrive so I won't forget to send you a PM then.

Chaim

Last edited:

Thanks ... no worries ... I'm not in a rush with my yoda lightsaber ... or any other vintage lightsaber that's waiting to be finished :wacko

Chaim

Lol--you should see my workbench....lol.
Hilts, electronics, HDD spindels, crystals, leds, blades. .......
Thanks ... no worries ... I'm not in a rush with my yoda lightsaber ... or any other vintage lightsaber that's waiting to be finished :wacko

Chaim

^ Pics ... or it did not happen . . . as a former member used to say :behave

Indeed I too have lightsabers on my dining table since it seems for ever
and an archive box full of components.

Chaim

Oh....don't worry.
As soon as the nerves in my hands are under control and the new meds work--plenty of build threads ;)
Vader ANH
Vader ESB
Vader ROTJ
Yoda
Luke ANH
Luke ESB
Obi ANH

All are built...just awaiting guts.....

^ Pics ... or it did not happen . . . as a former member used to say :behave

Indeed I too have lightsabers on my dining table since it seems for ever
and an archive box full of components.

Chaim

Yeah I'd like to see some builds with electronics... work in progress shots.

Once I've locked down my OT hilts (minus Vader ANH, ESB... just no interest really...) I want to step up to some electronics.

One day find a mythical Praco, and turn my Yoda Bolsey into a reveal....

Oh....don't worry.
As soon as the nerves in my hands are under control and the new meds work--plenty of build threads ;)
Vader ANH
Vader ESB
Vader ROTJ
Yoda
Luke ANH
Luke ESB
Obi ANH

All are built...just awaiting guts.....

If you like electronics you should (if you are not) be a member here http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php

Yeah I'd like to see some builds with electronics... work in progress shots.

Once I've locked down my OT hilts (minus Vader ANH, ESB... just no interest really...) I want to step up to some electronics.

One day find a mythical Praco, and turn my Yoda Bolsey into a reveal....

- - - Updated - - -

and one more question is the pem nut plated or carbon steel, didnt saw the pics in the light have a bluish tint, like carbo steel

Repeat the question

Yeah I've poked around there... and I'll check it out for info when I need to add... but it kind of struck me like the Original Trilogy vs. Prequels...

Here (RPF) there's a smattering of lightsabers... while a bunch of other cool projects... (O.T.)

But there it's saber overload to the point it's not as cool anymore, heh. (Prequels)

Weird... I know.

If you like electronics you should (if you are not) be a member here http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php

Yes, agree... but the yoda is different, when i, by chance, knew that there was a yoda saber made from a flash, i had to have it, i mean is freaking yoda
And on that forum i got the only expanded universe saber i want, Starkillers

Yeah I've poked around there... and I'll check it out for info when I need to add... but it kind of struck me like the Original Trilogy vs. Prequels...

Here (RPF) there's a smattering of lightsabers... while a bunch of other cool projects... (O.T.)

But there it's saber overload to the point it's not as cool anymore, heh. (Prequels)

Weird... I know.

Oh I'm with you on Yoda... It's one of my favorites simply because of the DV design with the old flash...

don't know starkillers, but if I delve into any Prequel sabers it may just be the Obi saber there's talk of doing a group build on... More because there's an element of building/painting involved.

Yes, agree... but the yoda is different, when i, by chance, knew that there was a yoda saber made from a flash, i had to have it, i mean is freaking yoda
And on that forum i got the only expanded universe saber i want, Starkillers

I'm using this one on my build. It's a cast of the kit part, but I don't know what the kit is.

05408486725668-vi.jpg

Last edited:

That must be the same that is on my Bolsey ... it has the dimples on the big side in the exact same place though the other gaps are filled in :confused ... any idea where you got it from?

Chaim

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back