SyFy's Heroes of Cosplay

I really enjoy the Crabcat industry prop and costuming tutorials. Also, a cosplayer named Kamui makes some fantastic How To Video's in Deutsch. I'd love to see a Jinyo and Yaya han youtube series with them simply explaining the process of patterning and costuming while they work on something.

I really do feel like we have the brains necessary to put together some really great costuming/propmaking programming for the RPF YouTube channel. At the very least, reaching out to an established channel like Nerdist or Geek&Sundry could yield interesting results.

This thread is a great example of something that has surprised me so much about the reaction to the show. Half the cast has posted here... "They" are "us". So all the hate, all the mean comments about the cast... Those are people that have been part of this bizarre little hobby for a long, long time. People we see at cons, people who post build threads here. It just shocks me how quickly "we" were willing to turn on each other as it aired.

This thread is a great example of something that has surprised me so much about the reaction to the show. Half the cast has posted here... "They" are "us". So all the hate, all the mean comments about the cast... Those are people that have been part of this bizarre little hobby for a long, long time. People we see at cons, people who post build threads here. It just shocks me how quickly "we" were willing to turn on each other as it aired.

^all of this. Also, I wish one of my build threads had 36 pages of responses!

I know, right?

- - - Updated - - -

I really do feel like we have the brains necessary to put together some really great costuming/propmaking programming for the RPF YouTube channel. At the very least, reaching out to an established channel like Nerdist or Geek&Sundry could yield interesting results.

I'm sure a bunch of us already have some good ones out there. It would be cool to start sharing them via the RPF so that they are centralized. I've got a few good molding / casting / painting ones on my own channel.

You would deserve everyone of those pages booksandcorests. Your costumes are movie worthy!

I love the making of the Mattmobile videos the rpf put up. Along with the Arkum Asylum Batman grapple gun prop.
Those videos got me to document the building of my costume on my youtube channel.

same when they asked riddle about her rockeeter costume. they edited in the whole 'I forgot what to say' thing when actually there was no pause and she just answered. what I don't get is why she went along with it? Did no one turn around and say 'err I didn't say that' or 'I don't like how this shows me'

I mentioned this to my wife. There was no "duh...." pause in reality. She answered without hesitation. I found the edited version really odd.

Scott

It's no different than hating any other character on TV. You can find the vilest, d-bag villain on tv, and in real life, they are the nicest, sweetest person you'll ever meet. Hate the character, not the actor. Once you agree to appear on tv, either as a character, or as yourself (or as much of "yourself" as "reality" tv will allow), you have to be willing to accept everything that comes with it, be it accolades or criticisms. Being a member here, shouldn't be a shield from criticism. If your tv persona is a complete A-hole, be prepared to be judged on that persona.

Remember, everyone on tv, knows someone else, in real life. Next time you get ready to ridicule the redneck that fathered his own sister, on the Jerry Springer show, remember that he might be a relative of someone on some forum you're a member of. Maybe we should all create posts, before criticizing someone on tv, like; "I was thinking of criticizing the guy on that show - unless someone here is related to him. In that case, he's an awesome person whom I idolize".

-Fred

My rule of thumb is if you're on a reality show prepare for them to make you look bad.

I think it is really pathetic that a person will subject themselves to that type of situation. Is it really worth the 5 minutes of fame?
The female on big brother lost her job because she was seen as the villain and racist on the show.

I seen a cameramen tell a person what to say and do, and the person actually did it. I would had told them no.
(wasnt for this show)

To Each their own I guess.

Last edited:
I think it is really pathetic that a person will subject themselves to that type of situation. Is it really worth the 5 minutes of fame?
The female on big brother lost her job because she was seen as the villain and racist on the show.

I seen a cameramen tell a person what to say and do, and the person actually did it. I would had told them no.
(wasnt for this show)

To Each their own I guess.

If it meant spring boarding my career into the national spotlight...yes, yes I would subject myself to reality TV and possible ridicule.

I thought Yaya Han was a male Cello player before this show aired and that Riddle was just a batman villain. I knew of Holly and Jessica because I've scoured the internets for tutorials on how to do stuff and was pretty psyched that they'd be on the show. I was of the opinion that Stealth was a household name, seeing how many video tutorials I've watched of his.

Also, I find it difficult to judge a person based on their decisions if I know nothing about them.

My reaction to the show summed up in a sentence..."Oh, these are people on a show who make costumes and props, cool."

Stealth a household name? Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Only people interested in prop making may know about him. Just like everyone assumes Doctor Who is mainstream. Definitely not the case.

Saw one episode, haven't watched since. Then again I only watch Faceoff as reruns and background noise.

Stealth a household name? Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Only people interested in prop making may know about him. Just like everyone assumes Doctor Who is mainstream. Definitely not the case.

Saw one episode, haven't watched since. Then again I only watch Faceoff as reruns and background noise.

Stealth is a familiar name, to me is what I meant. The point I was trying to get across was that I was more aware of Stealth in the prop and costuming world than I was of Yaya or Riddle before this show aired. However, now that I've watched the show and Googled Yaya and Riddle I know a lot more about their craft.

I just didn't do a very good job of getting that point across. :p

I understand. I definitely knew about Stealth before Yaya.
Stealth is a familiar name, to me is what I meant. The point I was trying to get across was that I was more aware of Stealth in the prop and costuming world than I was of Yaya or Riddle before this show aired. However, now that I've watched the show and Googled Yaya and Riddle I know a lot more about their craft.

I just didn't do a very good job of getting that point across. :p

She was actually a racist b*tch though. There was no "well they edited it to make her look a certain way". She said racist things multiple times.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back