Black and White Nike Air Mag

EmmaInCandyland

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys, it's been ages I'm on this project, I'm almost done with it now, but I am not satisfied at all :x
I think I kinda messed it up :'(!

Here some pictures, what do you think?

I might try another one, by keeping the collar and the tongue white, and eventually keep the soles grey like the original one ^^'

hcj.jpg

8on.jpg

Dear glue, I hate you from the bottom of my heart...

z8nl.jpg

Anyway, I will try a new version of this :x

I will keep the boot style I think though, I want to wear them as casual shoes :x

Last edited:
hey!
I like the white/black contrast (I have a pair of black Reebok Pumps that I put white laces in to match the white rubber features)
it looks like you put a nice black material cover over the vinyl of the V1's?
The V1's are actually really good for wearing - I've been wearing a pair of them to work for the last few months (the boss is cool and lets me)
They're even good for all the running around I have to do!
anyway, keep trying. Wish I had more time to try things. Good luck!

You have done OK on those MPs. Will you add a white SWOOSH? I think it could break up the side a bit. I like the black soles against the white mid soles.

Yeah, given the price of the V1s, I might order another pair of the for just kickin'

Last edited:
someone photoshopped up this pic....
(sorry whoever did it, I didn't save that information - credit to whoever it was)
so the high contrast look works, yes? :)
NIKEMAGOAK.jpg

someone photoshopped up this pic....
(sorry whoever did it, I didn't save that information - credit to whoever it was)
so the high contrast look works, yes? :)
View attachment 198295

Yeah this is basically what I'm going to go with ^^

MP shoes are not this pricey so that's why I'm giving a try ^^
I will see if I can be a bit more concise while making it this time!
I think I won't take the soles off, gluing the things back together is a pain! And I'm obviously too bad at this xD!

I kinda want to use rit on the soles this time. I mean I can't keep the yellow soles anyway.. I just hope i'll be able to "paint" them, as it won't be possible to let them immerse into the water x)

Do you guys know if someone made the ankle buckle like the cloneprops ones, but a bit lighter, (it's too heavy for the mp mags xD)

- - - Updated - - -

You have done OK on those MPs. Will you add a white SWOOSH?

Well I might use the Mp stickers I guess, I think i'll try to make it whiter!
Is there anybody who's making accurate swoosh stickers otherwise? Mmmh... ^^

MP shoes are not this pricey so that's why I'm giving a try ^^

The V2s are only about $50 more than the MPs. I'd be getting them for a MOD instead. And you can then in size 8 :)

As for the SWOOSHs, the sticker guy I used last time was a bit over priced (about $6/pair) though they did look good in reflective. They were slightly different in shape to the SWOOSH of the V1 which I really like.

The V2s are only about $50 more than the MPs. I'd be getting them for a MOD instead. And you can then in size 8 :)

As for the SWOOSHs, the sticker guy I used last time was a bit over priced (about $6/pair) though they did look good in reflective. They were slightly different in shape to the SWOOSH of the V1 which I really like.

Well the v2 or $100 more, they are $250 right^^?, the mp shoes are just $150 ^^
I really want the v2... But errr, I just wish I could pay in 2 times for them ><

This site sells the V1's cheap - Cheap Nike Air Mag Mens Shoes 2011 M23
they might be the best option for testing this design, as the rubber is already black. You wouldn't have to remove that, just colour/cover the uppers.
I believe they were modelled after the mark poon version anyway based on what i've read here on various threads.
Perhaps I haven't read enough threads but where do you get mp for $150?

This site sells the V1's cheap - Cheap Nike Air Mag Mens Shoes 2011 M23
they might be the best option for testing this design, as the rubber is already black. You wouldn't have to remove that, just colour/cover the uppers.
I believe they were modelled after the mark poon version anyway based on what i've read here on various threads.
Perhaps I haven't read enough threads but where do you get mp for $150?

Oh I thought the v2 from Karin shop haha x)

On ebay they are going for $150 now ^^'

If someone wants my first black & white version and want to try to make it better, I would be happy to sell them for a really cheap price x)

ohh i see, they were listed on ebay as back to the future not mag (probably to avoid all that copyright nonsense)
That shop I sent the link for has V2s as well but a bit overpriced. I got mine from elsewhere, but not Karin's shop (got them before signing up here)
howere $200 - 250 seems common (lower) pricing for v2s now.
on checking out Karin Chens store on Aliexpress...... ooooooooooooo
I could spend sooooooo much money there. Haha yes Im a guy, who has a shoe collection.
If only someone would replica the 'nike air 180 force pump'........nike-air-force-180-high-pump-david-robinson_02.png
now THEY were almost as awesome as the MAGs. Well okay about half as awesome as the MAGs lol

If they are going to replicate NIKE's pump shoes, then they should release AIR PRESSURE!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KANgitDtLsA/TznV5Wy5I8I/AAAAAAAAC6U/fJf1Jh-8OKU/s1600/NIKE%2BAIR%2BPRESSURE%2B14.jpg

It had the BEST shoe lacing system EVER! These were on sale at local Footlocker stores (where I got mine) back in 1990 for $360. I scored big time when they held a sale with everything with a bladder (included REEBOK PUMP and something from LA GEAR) was less than $200, so I got my AIR PRESSURE for 199.00.

They were the closest thing to the MAGs at the time or ever for that matter. I wore mine into the ground and got a solid 5 years from them. I binned them when the collars basically crumbled. I learned later that most urethane rubbers (like was used by NIKE back then) only had a 5 to 6 year life.

Yeh I know what you mean about that stuff breaking down, my first 2 pairs of Reebok Pumps did that on the midsole after a few years.
So disappointing.
Anyway, we've gotten off-topic.
I've been thinking about trying my idea of recolouring one of the v1 Mags in Emma's style, it looks good.
Leave the elastic laces white, just paint/tint the upper PVC. I imagine 2 issues -
1: colour that won't just flake off like paint since it can't soak in like the MP's would have, being material-based
2: once something that can recolour them works, painting that product on the tongue under the elastic laces.....idea.jpg

any ideas?
since the v1s are only 60 bucks, wouldn't be too bad to try.......
Wholesale,Footwear,Apparel,Clothing,Clothes,Bags,Handbags,Jerseys,Jewelry,Accessories,Cheap |fashionelife.com
pity about that stupid swirl in the white and silver version. The black ones work much better as a material pattern, but I dont have enough time to transplant uppers to midsoles or pull 2 pairs totally apart to make different colour schemes.
Since I suck at sewing.

Stage 3.JPG
I used a car interior spray paint to do this pair. It dries fast and does not crack. It is made to paint vinyl seats, so won't peel or crack under normal wear. The paint came from SuperCheap and costs about $15 a can. The issue I had last set was that I even taped them up quite good, I still got paint leaks possibly due to capillary action and some over spray where it was not tapped as good as I thought.

WARNING: The ONLY stuff that will remove this paint is acetone. And here is the issue. Acetone will eat the material used on the trim on the tongue used on the upper collar/cuff, so if you get paint on these parts, it is better to simply paint them white.

Sodid you use 'magix grison' to make your MP's black, Emma?
I imagine the MP's, being made of material would happily soak up most colourings.... whereas the v1s would probably not absorb it.
Hmm, to spend or not to spend....... :$
Though here in Australia, the product Cavx suggested would be more accessible :) thankyou both for sharing!
I wonder if blu-tac along the edge of the seam you want to tape up (and then tape after that to prevent overspray) would prevent the capillary action effect as there are no fibres to transfer the paint/colouring, as there are in the paper masking tape.....
please forgive my lack of photoshop, i only have windows 7 'paint' to try and show you what I mean....
ugly drawing.jpg

The blu-tac thought is just an idea I had when considering repainting a pair of white v1's...... I've yet to test it though. Might have to buy an 'experimental' pair or 2 to test on. Lol any excuse.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back