Iron Man Mark 42 bust [FINISHED]

KACosplayTech

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So after having this project done for a while, I haven't showed off as much as Ive wanted to yet haha. So some backround before I get to the pictures.

Ive been making Props since I was 10. Starting with an optimus prime suit my mom and I made together out of soda boxes. Ive been learning new techniques every day and I hope to become part of a studio that helps provide props one day. I am currently only 16 and many tell me that I have great potential. I always say That I'm not on my own, and that The RPF helps with my questions. I have a teacher teaching me personally how to use blender so I can start to model my own projects, and have the right to say, "I created everything from scratch" haha. I made this as my art final during my sophomore year in high school. I spent the last two weeks of 50 minute classes rushing to get this finished. Everyday, there were idiots who kept trying on the helmet and neck pieces and breaking them in the process. This didn't slow me down as much as I expected it was going to, but it still prevented me from making small detail pieces I had to skip.

The helmet is made of 6mm foam and the body was made with 1/2 inch foam. I used Helgaks chest, back, and shoulders. I used Dancin'Fool's neck piece, and JFCustom's unfold of Labsic's helmet. I used 2 coats of Plasti-dip and 2 coats of paint. I used a Valspar Marron and a light gold (don't know the exact names of the colors) and Rustoleum Aluminum for the silver.

Pictures! (don't have any WIP pictures, Sorry :/ )

Helmet Pre Paint (Sorry they are sideways)
img_20130513_123234.jpg
img_20130513_123240.jpg
img_20130513_123253.jpg
Plasti-Dip Applied (crap phone pic)
ironman.png
The Marroon Applied, (A lot of people said to just leave it like this, I was actually tempted to haha)
snapchat-4222.jpg
Gold Applied
snapchat-8076.jpg
Silver Applied, (yes, I did keep the Helmet Removable and wearable)
snapchat-7186.jpg
Made the stand that I didn't get a picture of, and attached a light ( just a cup with a dot it light at the bottom, and plastic on top)
snapchat-9526.jpg
In the Display Case over summer! (yes I left it there, and yes, I did leave the light on haha)
img_20130523_132049.jpg
So yes, I do plan on making the rest of the suit next year if my teacher provides the supplys. I did only make half of the back as I felt it was unnecessary to make the whole. Feel free to leave positive, negative, and constructive critisim!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back