STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

Well, whites, irises, and pupil are all red, yes, and they do glow faintly, yes, but his eyes were never just blank red hemispheres. Whenever he narrows his eyes in thought -- as happened often in the Thrawn Trilogy, they would be "glowing slits.

--Jonah

@halliwax

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/film-music-tv/articles/star-wars-rebels-takes-break-week-air-dates-new-episodes-revealed/

Star Wars Rebels Takes A Break This Week, Air Dates For New Episodes Revealed

November 8, 2016, 6:54 PM, GMT

Via the tweet embedded below sent out earlier today by Lucasfilm’s Tracy Cannobbio in response to a fan, we have learned when new Season 3 episodes of Star Wars Rebels will be airing on Disney XD. As was the case two weeks ago, the series will be taking a short break this week as the episode titled “Iron Squadron” (check out the preview clip from this episode if you missed it earlier) will be airing on Nov. 19. After “Iron Squadron”, new episodes from Season 3 will carry on for the next several weeks and then the series will be on break again for the holidays before returning to Disney XD some time in January.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've often wondered that myself. For me it's not that the show doesn't hold my attention, but that the episodes aren't particularly memorable. Most of them follow the same formula--one, some, or all of the rebels go off on some sort of mission or quest, meet resistance, overcome that resistance, and fly off into the sunset. Lather, rinse, repeat. So they tend to blur together rather than stand out, although there are occasional exceptions.

Just like every episode of "The Love Boat" .... a man & woman meet.... they fall for each other.... have a fight.... then they make up.... and go home happy. :lol

What gives with the scheduling on Disney XD? Drone racing league instead of SW Rebels? Really?!

It's the same as most other networks, the season is longer than they have episodes so they space them out so that they'll most of the season. They also like to make sure that they're able to air what they feel is their best episode of the season during Sweeps week as well. In other words, it's just par for course for a network.

ANOTHER ONE!! i cant handle this anymore :cry

- - - Updated - - -

What gives with the scheduling on Disney XD? Drone racing league instead of SW Rebels? Really?!

im actually excited for that show. a kid that use to work with me was form Cali, an he said there is a HUGE underground drone racing club. they race for some serious money

you think three weeks or so is bad, try trying to keep track of this stupid new turtles show. they go on break EVERY four weeks four about two months. 4 weeks of new episodes, two months break. the least break was 6 months at least. it's impossible to remember what's going on in that show.

It's the same as most other networks, the season is longer than they have episodes so they space them out so that they'll most of the season. They also like to make sure that they're able to air what they feel is their best episode of the season during Sweeps week as well. In other words, it's just par for course for a network.

normally i'd agree whole heartedly - but when you air saturday night at 9 eastern, you're not really concerned much with ratings. It's the worst ratings night of the week.

- - - Updated - - -

you think three weeks or so is bad, try trying to keep track of this stupid new turtles show. they go on break EVERY four weeks four about two months. 4 weeks of new episodes, two months break. the least break was 6 months at least. it's impossible to remember what's going on in that show.

Try doctor who. 12-13 new eps in a row, then a 9-21 month break with a filler ep for you on XMAS :)

or sherlock - 3 eps then 12-24 months between.

normally i'd agree whole heartedly - but when you air saturday night at 9 eastern, you're not really concerned much with ratings. It's the worst ratings night of the week.
Try doctor who. 12-13 new eps in a row, then a 9-21 month break with a filler ep for you on XMAS :)

or sherlock - 3 eps then 12-24 months between.

I think the reason for the long gap in Doctor Who is because of a ratings slump here in UK,.....& negative reviews,.....Stephen Moffat is leaving the show as producer & is staying on for a final series,....the gap is to ensure that he leaves the show on a high,....putting more effort into his final series....

I'd say the show will return to normal scheduling after Moffat moves on

.....hopefully this gap will be worth it & Who claims back some of it's former glory

J

Would you rather have a a 8 month wait between seasons? Season 3 started on September 24, 2016. I f you run all 20 shows straight through once a week, the season would end on February 4, 2017. If the season start date remains constant, the gap between seasons would be almost 8 months. I'd rather then take a few breaks and stretch out the season over most the year.

Last edited:
Would you rather have a a 8 month wait between seasons? Season 3 started on September 24, 2016. I f you run all 20 shows straight through once a week, the season would end on February 4, 2017. If the season start date remains constant, the gap between seasons would be almost 8 months. I'd rather then take a few breaks and stretch out the season over most the year.

you know im impatience and just want to see the maul vs kenobi showdown!! i am still willing to bet we are left a cliff hanger this season, maul and kenobi come face to face... then it ends and we have to wait for season 4 lol

I miss the good old days when they'd air 22-24 episodes per season, then re-run the full season. That way, we got to see every episode twice and only had 4-8 weeks to wait until the new season. Of course those were the days before VCRs, DVD and Blu-Ray players, and the Internet. Damn you young whippersnappers and your evil electronics! :darnkids

I miss the good old days when they'd air 22-24 episodes per season, then re-run the full season. That way, we got to see every episode twice and only had 4-8 weeks to wait until the new season. Of course those were the days before VCRs, DVD and Blu-Ray players, and the Internet. Damn you young whippersnappers and your evil electronics! :darnkids

it also allowed us to get really familair with the show because you had to watch it and there was no way to save it.

These days, when you know it's sitting around, it could sit around for months before you get around to finally viewing it. and by then you've forgotten why you wanted to view it in the first place.

Case in point these Ghost Adventure Aftershock episodes sitting on my hard drive ;o).

It's bittersweet when you have shows like Daredevil that release their seasons all at one time. You can really get into a storyline when it is uninterrupted but the downside is that after you binge watched a show over 1,2 or 3 days, you have to wait a year for the next season.

I think some people would complain less about lack of story arcs if they watched the shows back to back and discovered that there is indeed on going story lines.

Forget that 22-24 episode stuff.... Let's go back even further to the day like Rifleman when their season one had 40 episodes. :cool

...I think some people would complain less about lack of story arcs if they watched the shows back to back and discovered that there is indeed on going story lines...
With regards to modern shows, I agree. But binge-watching shows from the 60s and 70s reveals one thing--they were under pressure to get all of the episodes completed on time and on budget, and weren't overly concerned with continuity because they had no concept of audiences one day having the ability to re-watch shows as often as they wanted to on VHS, Beta, Laserdisc, DVD, Blu-Ray, or streaming video, and thought no one would notice. :lol

No new episode, not much to talk about :)

I've been re reading the thrawn trilogy for the first time since 1991.
The book STILL holds up, and is still a fast read.

Looking at the cover, i knew i saw him with solid red eyes somewher e;o).

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back