Jurassic Park Velociraptor / Lost World Travelling Exhibit

adventurevisual

Hey everyone ...I'm still a noob at the RPF, but I finally can post these pics from waaaay back in 97 and 98. I worked with Research Casting International on many museum exhibits, and had the opportunity to examine a screen-used JP raptor and do the paint work on the dinosaurs for the Lost World Travelling Exhibit. BTW, Research Casting built the skeletal dinosaurs which come crashing to the floor at the conclusion of JP. I wasn't working there for that unfortunately, but I got to see some great stuff up close and personal ( like the animatronic raptor and most of the Stan Winston dinosaur molds. So there are a few stories to tell ... here we go ...
First the Velociraptor ... or at least the head, which had come off the body for some reason. The thing was dusty and in extremely rough condition ( it breaks the heart ) . Latex skin/foam rubber was drying out and wearing away. BUT ... the eyes still blinked which totally freaked me out !!!
JPexhibit02.jpgJPexhibit03.jpgJPexhibit32.jpg
Stay tuned, lots more to come ... I will do my best to answer questions as they come ...

Last edited:
JPexhibit20.jpgJPexhibit19.jpgJPexhibit22.jpg
Here is the JP Triceratops ( head only ) for the Lost World Traveling Exhibit. I painted two of these, plus a cast of a real Triceratops skull which was displayed in the exhibit as well. The real fossil cast was smaller than the JP version and somewhat flattened I think. Millions of years of fossilization tends to do that sometimes !

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back