anyone see the "screen used" luke ROTJ saber on the bay? thoughts?

joez2391

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I know you cant post links on here, but just seeing if anyone else saw the Luke ROTJ saber that is claiming to be screen used, including a letter from 20th century fox. Just seeing if this is another evilbay scam or an actual prop? I just have so much trouble trusting things on ebay now.

link
Authentic Luke Skywalker's "Return of The Jedi" Screen Used Lightsaber Prop | eBay

description
This is the real deal. This is an authentic Luke Skywalker's "Return Of The Jedi" screen used Lightsaber prop from the movie. This particular Lightsaber prop was designed and used to be ejected from R2-D2 during the "Sail Barge Sequence" approx. 32 minutes and 30 seconds into the movie, it also measures approx 11.25" tall. It is also speculated that this Lightsaber was also used as s "Stunt or Practice" prop. The Emitter portion of the Lightsaber was designed to be interchangeable to accommodate various sized components for dueling and close proximity fighting. This "Stunt" prop is intentionally missing the "Control Box" to make hand manipulation during wielding sequences easier and also to create better air compression build-up for a smoother launching. This Lightsaber comes with all the certificates of authenticity and it also comes with certificates for the archival polaroids photographs that is included as well. The Lightsaber has some war wounds as you can see in the picture but is still in overall condition and what a rarity to come across an actual movie prop like this one. If you are the ultimate Star Wars fan than this item it something you cannot pass up, once in a life time deal. We are not going to do a buy it now price, we are just going to let the auction ride. Thanks for looking and good luck bidding. No international shipping. We only ship to confirmed Paypal addresses. Please feel free to ask any questions before bidding. We are a business and are closed on thursdays and fridays, so this may delay the shipping. Buyer pays $150 for shipping and insurance. California buyers pay sales tax. We ship UPS ground on Mon Tues Wed.

I find it a little peculiar that googling "Piece of the Stars Memorabilia" comes up with zero results.

In addition, I found at least one spelling mistake in their COA...

According to the COA:

Piece of the Stars is an authentication authority and subsidiary of Elstree Props Ltd.

Doesn't the fact that it's from Elstree in 2004 prove it's fake? :)

Also, there's no way they planned to fire an all-aluminum light-sabre handle out of R2 at the actors... That's just stupid. I think the one(s) used for the scene were foam rubber...

I also love that he covers the person's name that the letter from Fox is addressed to, and then posts a picture of the COA:
written by Eric Cole from Fox Studios and is addressed to John E. Handberry Sr. acclaiming his efforts as a Production Coordinator on Star Wars ...

For someone that 'helped make Star Wars the success it is today', you'd think he would at least have an entry in IMDB... Anyone know who he is?

Last edited:
Also, looks like the 'COAs' are color laser printed (well, color at least)... It would be interesting to see if they are watermarked by the printer and find out exactly when they were printed...

Hah, complete scam! The top of the neck has no groove, the proportions are all off, and it's metal, the COA is fake and misspelled, and I can't believe people are bidding..

I've studied this prop at length in the past couple years and this couldn't even be mistaken for the real thing

I did report it, but there was no place for pictures or other proof...it was one of those email website apps

How do people buy a prop for that kind of money without a full investigation into the history of it! :facepalm people are bidding on this thing!! :lol :facepalm funny AND sad!

Last edited:
glad you guys agree with my skepticism, the thing that initially threw me off was that is was metal. I cant even imagine how many pieces have sold over the years on ebay claiming that they are real props. I mean if the COA has a hologram on it it must be real come on!:lol

$150 for shipping is outrageous. Insurance is free up to $400, and even then it's only like $0.50 for every hundred after that. People are dumb just for that fact alone.

I'm not an avid SW goer, but I do like to sit back and watch people be dumb on the internet with these types of scams. But hey, if they have that kind of money then more power to them..

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back