Trek - Mirror, Mirror Dagger

SurferGeek

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
A couple years ago there was a PDF file of the Mirror, Mirror dagger blueprint floating around. I believe it was posted here as well as at a couple other boards. Last year I had a drive crash and thought I had the file backed up. If someone has the file, please post it here, thanks.

r3436TOS_2x10_MirrorMirror0032-Trekpulseo219.jpg

Funny you should mention this.

I was just starting to get my pics together. This thing is screamin' for some machine work.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rylo @ Dec 26 2006, 10:12 PM) [snapback]1385053[/snapback]</div>
Funny you should mention this.

I was just starting to get my pics together. This thing is screamin' for some machine work.
[/b]

SWEET. I think the original was cast aluminum but CNC would be much more precise. What would you use for the blade?

Oh yeah... still looking for the PDF file. ;)

I know that they made at least one "hero" dagger. It can clearly be seen when Uhura uses it on the bridge to taunt Sulu. The blade is VERY chrome. I THINK the rest were either rubber or some type of soft plastic. (hence the ones on the belts)

There is no scabbard for this dagger...just velcro.

EDIT*

You know, I SAY that, but it sure does look as if there is some type of scabbard (kind of) on the above pic. Hmmm...

There are at least two versions of this.

One is handle and scabbard as one pieces. These have full length velcro on the backs.

The hero one has a handle with blade, and scabbard functional.

Cast, as in cast in aluminum. There was at least one metal dagger, you see close ups of it in the scene with Uhura and later in the scene where Sulu confronts Kirk in sickbay (rubber stunt during the fight). Someone suggested that the dagger started life as a letter opener but it seems a bit big. Also, there is indeed a scabbard, the one on Spock's waist above is in a scabbard. The women of the Mirror universe didn't use the scabbards, they just kept the dagger in their boots.

When I was in High School, I took Metal Shop and one thing we did was cast aluminum items and one guy in the class made a dagger very similar.

k36158TOS_2x10_MirrorMirror0357-Trekpulsej219.jpg

g20820TOS_2x10_MirrorMirror0360-Trekpulsel219.jpg

j16243TOS_2x10_MirrorMirror0390-Trekpulsew219.jpg

z1189TOS_2x10_MirrorMirror0391-Trekpulsex219.jpg

x42630TOS_2x10_MirrorMirror0398-Trekpulseg219.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(micdavis @ Dec 26 2006, 11:55 PM) [snapback]1385096[/snapback]</div>
There are at least two versions of this.
[/b]

Three if you count the rubber stunts... ;)

In the above pic ^^^^^^ you can actually see the scabbard on Sulu's waist.
And just for fun, you can see the "yellow" velcro on Kirk's sash.

I can see that starting off as a letter opener. I have seen some pretty big old style ones in the past. The little cut into the blade might be for breaking twine.

Still I would like to get one for myself :)

I think it's still over at ASAP. I used it, with a few modifications, to make some earlier this year. Made a dozen with the blade and handle all cast together. Worked pretty well. At CONvergence this year, we replicated a couple rooms from the original Enterprise, with one half being Federation, and one half Empire. So, I needed to make a buttload of 'em. Looked pretty snazzy, he said modestly. I used Tandy belt clips on some of 'em, and Michael's pinback things.

Obi-Bob

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OB10 @ Dec 27 2006, 08:31 AM) [snapback]1385258[/snapback]</div>
At CONvergence this year, we replicated a couple rooms from the original Enterprise, with one half being Federation, and one half Empire. So, I needed to make a buttload of 'em. Looked pretty snazzy, he said modestly.

Obi-Bob
[/b]

So, you're gonna share picture of the event, I'm sure. Especially if somebody asks nice, hmmm? ;)

Steve

There is a possible interesting detail in the next to last Sulu screen cap. Is there a pointed area within the semicircular detail on the blade (or is that just a reflection)?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(misterfusion @ Dec 27 2006, 06:39 PM) [snapback]1385318[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OB10 @ Dec 27 2006, 08:31 AM) [snapback]1385258[/snapback]
At CONvergence this year, we replicated a couple rooms from the original Enterprise, with one half being Federation, and one half Empire. So, I needed to make a buttload of 'em. Looked pretty snazzy, he said modestly.

Obi-Bob
[/b]

So, you're gonna share picture of the event, I'm sure. Especially if somebody asks nice, hmmm? ;)

Steve
[/b][/quote]

Oh, maybe.
There are several places with pics, but this is probably the best: http://www.generalgeneral.com/ezine/convergence2006/

But there are also some real good ones here: http://freemars.org/mnfan/Convergence/2006/

And a hole bunch more links (some of which have none of us) here: http://www.convergence-con.org/extras/photos/photos.php

Yes, we had a working Agony Booth. And a DS9 airlock. And Saurian Brandy bottles up the yin yang. And Tribbleopes. And working food replicators. And a working 3 sided conference room monitor. We blew soooo many minds..... that it was pretty fun. :D

Obi-Bob

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back