Spartacus Blood and Sand

Again, cool stuff all!

I've picked up a few more things as well, including Caesar's sword that I just won yesterday! Very excited.

I scored Gannicus's sword set a few weeks back .. That was the last thing I wanted to get to complete my collection

Just curious, was this really the "last" thing you got? :lol

I cant believe its been running this long!

The prices have really come down though havent they?

I know, I'm amazed it's still going. They've come down somewhat on some items (Caesar's sword went over $900 at one point, but I snatched another for around $275), yet for other stuff I've frustratingly haven't seen too much of a difference in price.

I'm hoping they'll put up more of the high-end style Roman armor worn by Crassus and such. Haven't seen much of that. I was narrowly outbid for a set of Tiberius armor a while back. I hate the Tiberius character, yet love the armor.

Kicking myself now, I won the last Roman infantry with missing shin guards, boots or scabbard costume in the auctions that ended last week or so thinking it was the last one as there were no more new items being listed and now a whole rake of nicer ones get listed...doh :p

Has anyone posted their collection online? If anyone knows who got the Spartacus disguise from episode 302, I would be interested to see it. I have the Gannicus and Crixus from the same episode.

My wife and I just realized last night that we have Sura's shoes and gaiters that she wore in the first episode of Blood and Sand. We were watching it last night and were able to screen match them perfectly in the scene when she is saying farewell to Spartacus before he leaves for battle. The funny thing is that they came with a "Female Rebel Costume" with no mention of being hers.

A lot of stuff got reused. I know if you are really quick with identifying pieces you can probably bid on hidden gems.

Does everyone else's leather bits stink to high heaven? Especially the "blood" soaked stuff. Everytime I take them out, oo, stinky. I really hope it came from storage I would hate to think of the actors having to wear that stuff over multiple days. Yeech.

My costume items had an odor when we first received them. It seemed like it was from being in storage. But I can say that some wardrobe departments will make you wear the same sweaty, stinky items with out washing them for continuity, or at least that is what they tell you. :) I worked on a recent production here in New Mexico as background and did a little stunt work, and the principal actors wore the same clothing the entire time with out being washed.

IMG_0364.jpgIMG_0362.JPGIMG_0307.jpgIMG_0305.jpgIMG_0302.JPGIMG_0298.jpgIMG_0303.JPGIMG_0300.jpgIMG_0289.jpgIMG_0290.jpgIMG_0291.jpg

Woooowww you got Liam's armor, that's quite a get! Jealous.... I got his cloak from Season 2. Congrats, that armor is just awesome.

Hi everyone! It is fantastic to see so many Spartacus fans with lovey props all in one place here! :) I managed to get a few myself (although quite regrettably nothing belonging to Varro)! I love them to bits! =D

I'm wondering if anyone is still cruising the VIP Fan Auctions on Ebay for Spartacus props? They're getting sparse and there is little left from big-name characters BUT it looks like a great time to snag a deal on some screen-used pieces! They've dropped from a few pages of Spartacus items to one page or less than one now though. Still, worth a gander if you were into the show! :)

I got my dream props the gannicus hero swords from gods of the arena plus a crixus sword from vengeance now signed by Manu Bennett and one of Liam's spartacus blacksmith swords from war of the damned. Plus a gannicus costume from gods of the arena last episode. I'm a huge gannicus fan and know a friend of his who sent a photo of me with his swords he loved it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,017.9 KB · Views: 207
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    481.3 KB · Views: 220
Your swords are awesome! What are they made of? I met Manu Bennett a couple of weeks ago myself and had him sign one of my Spartacus props as well! Great minds think alike!

A fellow Spartacus fan,

Alex

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1411437319.229339.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1411437319.229339.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 443
Currently have :

Donar Secutor Axe
Donar Dagger
Lugo Hammer
Saxa Daggers
Barca Thracian Sword
Crassus Father Sword
Heracleo Axe

... to be added soon Spartacus Pit Sica and Glaber Sword.

Will be interested to buy any weapons you have to offer :)

Thanks !

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back