The Dark Knight Rises Mask

13doctorwho

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was just curious, has anyone sculpted the Dark Knight Rises battle damaged Batman cowl from the first bane smack down. The one Bane carries off after breaking Batman.

I think it would be a cool project. I think it could be sculted and molded in a resin. I say resin because the cowl was said to be carbon fiber (in Batman Begins) which is kind of a resin, fiberglass mateial. I know carbon fiber is more complicated than that but the basic concept is similar to fiberlgass.

View attachment 134936

I believe it was kapow7 who had a resin TDK cowl that was broken. The movie poster was released and he turned it into a TDKR display. I'll let him chime in with pictures if he happens to see this.

In Batman Begins the cowl is said to be made of graphite (carbon). Carbon fiber (and kevlar) were used for the suit.

But to be honest that doesn't make much sense. A graphite cowl would be impossible to put on because you would never be able to squeeze your head through the neck opening.

For a "real world" Batman, a graphite shell (to protect the head and house the electronics) permanently inserted in a rubber cowl "skin" would be more plausible.

And it would actually match pretty well the way the cowl cracks and splits when Bane breaks it.

Mr. K, you are totally right. As soon as you said it it clicked. I agree that in reality the graphite would be armor under a rubber mask, but I was streamlining the work to make the mask.

Interestingly the cowl as seen above in your first post does not match how it actually 'broke' on screen.
In any event, we do plan to tackle this at some point soon. ;)

I don't have the broken cowl anymore I sent it to a member that was looking for one to complete his bane costume
DSC00628.jpg

Yup that cowl is sitting in my display for Bane, and as Kevin stated above the cowl in the first picture is not the same as the one Bane breaks off Bruces head!

Hot toys got the mask right in this photo!

the-dark-knight-rises-hot-toys-bane-batman-mask.jpg

Im actually about to open a thread about this i already started working on the mask but i think i will do the movie poster version, oh by the way mine will not be sculpted from scratch im thinking about using other techniques

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back