The Jason's Custom Lightsaber Design

13doctorwho

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is a lightsaber of my own design made as a present for a good friend. It was made almost entirely with plumbing parts from Sears Hardware. I'm very proud of how well it came out. Take a look and let me know what you think.

View attachment 133908

This is a lightsaber of my own design made as a present for a good friend. It was made almost entirely with plumbing parts from Sears Hardware. I'm very proud of how well it came out. Take a look and let me know what you think.

View attachment 133908

WOW, This looks awesome, I can identify almost every piece used...and yet the pieces make for a better light saber then plumbing parts. you my friend are an artificer.

Thank you for your kind words. I am very proud of what I can create with found objects. A lot of the early prop makers made their props from things found at the hardware store. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

this is great! It's the work I try to do, but I don't have a lot of tools...so I don't complete much. Nice work! any details on how it was done?

Looks pretty cool. And considering it was almost entirely made of plumbing parts, that's kind of impressive. :)

Thank you all for your flattering comments. The real trick to making a saber like this is that I use a wooden dowel as the core. When I assemble everything every piece is screwed to the core dowel. Some of the screws are incorporated into the aesthetics of the design and some are hidden.

The main thing about designing something like this is to just wander around the hardware store and daydream. The switch box for this lightsaber is a window security latch that I modified. The upper ribbed section is vacuum hose. The handle ribbing is some non slip matting that they were throwing away at work.

Again, thank you all for your kind comments and taking the time to post them.

The Jason

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back