Amazing Pre-Production Spider-Man (who is going to tackle this first?)

El Fett

Sr Member
So I finally got a copy of the blu ray (Thanks again WC248!). And I was amazed at how cool some of the pre-suits were. Are any of you pattern makers already working on these now that there's some reference material? I particularly loved this itiration:

IMAG1808.jpg

Silver webs with different layout, blue-ish spider, dual seamlines, the red ending just above the waist...beautiful!

Hey El Fett, you said that there are some other cool pre-production suits included in the Blu-Ray disc. Since I don't own one, can you upload the other suit concepts? The only thing that I don't like on this version, is the red rectangular ending above the waist. But it is a nice suit concept!

Do you have a hi Rez picture el?

the pictures were taken off my screen with my cell phone. I do not have high-res images but I'm sure with some digging around, they can probably be found. Same for the rest of the concept suits. The free second screen app also has pictures of all these suits.

Beautiful suit, I like it even better than the one they chose. Those silver lines are sick, looks like a mix between ASM and Raimi.

Not really a fan of the mask on this one...looks too futuristic IMO. I do like the lenses better though, and the rest of the suit looks pretty sleek.

It'd be really awesome if someone was crazy enough to try and make this one!

I don't like the silver webs as much as the black ones, but this is still sweet.

Also, did they puff paint all the prototypes? That must have sucked!

Not a fan of this one. The silver webs just don't work in my opinion. I'm pretty happy with the final suit they used. Yes they've made some changes but they had to be done to make this suit work for a real person.

Is it just me or does it look as if they've used something similar to a face shield under his mask to make his head look a little bit bigger and rounder similar to the comics?

Is it just me or does it look as if they've used something similar to a face shield under his mask to make his head look a little bit bigger and rounder similar to the comics?

For the most part, they always use a shell except for the shots were the actor has to remove his mask. One of the reasons they use a shell is so all the stuntman have the same face shape as the actor would, under the mask although the actor himself will also wear a shell. The other reason is the eyes. As you can see in one of the pics I uploaded they are placing the frames in the sockets which you can make out under the mask...see that little spidey eye outline inside the mask? It's the same they did for the Raimi series.

For the most part, they always use a shell except for the shots were the actor has to remove his mask. One of the reasons they use a shell is so all the stuntman have the same face shape as the actor would, under the mask although the actor himself will also wear a shell. The other reason is the eyes. As you can see in one of the pics I uploaded they are placing the frames in the sockets which you can make out under the mask...see that little spidey eye outline inside the mask? It's the same they did for the Raimi series.
Yeah thats what i thought. But for some reason, that face shell looks much bigger than the usual face shell seen.... I mean, I like it though. it makes him look alot more "comic book" looking.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back