Highlander swords: please help the new guy

Ok so this is for a fellow rpf member who had funding issues but a wife who loves highlander... And wanted as close to an H1 sword all while meeting his budget.. So i took a mentor handle, with a wooden saya and left out the kozuka slot but did a wrap in leather, and made fittings that were specific to this saya size.. We went above his budget on time and Materials but it was for a Great cause so what the hey :) I will say the only thing that was a bit of was the saya seam has a slight wave to it... But it's not horrible an all and all it looks good...
8F3E442F-6A93-4741-9B4A-DED49890132B-7841-000003702E330312.jpg

23A8F11C-256A-4CA4-8DA1-4C38B5B4529A-7841-0000037624AA668E.jpg

184EFC17-598C-4009-9841-AC2F75A057BB-7841-000003762E7D659E.jpg

5E7376F1-27D1-4301-90F8-A49278B870CC-7841-00000376388AE10E.jpg

D7021F2F-47FA-4B7A-9976-875B0BFD8F71-7841-0000037641026BEE.jpg

355C1902-8491-4569-86A6-D37770401207-7841-000003764B33966D.jpg

Last edited:
Avolow:
Seeing you under your Charger reminded me why I sold the Vettes. They were like Harriers-100 hours in the dock for every hour in the air. The Camaros were much better cars.

Does your car have the differential cooler? I seem to remember the one I looked at had one-?

I'm hoping thats the case. I am trying to make these affordable.. I think I will start line of swords with aluminum blades for fans who want a long lasting wall hanger.. I feel that most people want the icon without the killing capability.. I think I can do these for a great price so well see

I think I will start line of swords with aluminum blades for fans who want a long lasting wall hanger.. I feel that most people want the icon without the killing capability...

Actually I want both, so that when an intruder such as a rabid grizzly enters my sacred domicile and I look around for something with which to send it speedily on to the great bear den in the sky, my eye will alight upon the glint of steel hanging on the wall and I'll know, "oh yes, this will do."

Neighbors looking on from afar will report their certainty of my imminent doom until they saw me grab something shiny off my wall, yell, "By the Power of Greyskull," and go to swingin'.

So wall hanger 99% of the time, but something I can still defend the family with in that 1% situation.

But that's just me...:unsure

Lol I'll have castings of that soon :)

of the original caln Macleod broadsword that Connor carried in the battle where he first faced the Kurgan? If so def in for one of those, the Marto INSPIRED BY just never did it for me. Got a good copy Jose Be Bragga sent me years ago when he had to do one for the rusty version/grace marker for Highlander 3...alot bigger then the Marto version and LOVE the celtic design in the middle around Macleod and the designs on the guars...NICE!

I'm hoping thats the case. I am trying to make these affordable.. I think I will start line of swords with aluminum blades for fans who want a long lasting wall hanger.. I feel that most people want the icon without the killing capability.. I think I can do these for a great price so well see

This would be awesome! I only joined this forum to get more informed in regards to the Matty hoverboard debacle... now I'm seeing a lot of cool **** on here like this that has me counting my pennies, lol.

of the original caln Macleod broadsword that Connor carried in the battle where he first faced the Kurgan? If so def in for one of those, the Marto INSPIRED BY just never did it for me. Got a good copy Jose Be Bragga sent me years ago when he had to do one for the rusty version/grace marker for Highlander 3...alot bigger then the Marto version and LOVE the celtic design in the middle around Macleod and the designs on the guars...NICE!

yah the owner of it owns and has owned every conner hero sword which is how, through Davis/Panzer, i am allowed to make high end originals... my H1 and H2 are from film pulls... and now that i Own point gallery i have/make the original Season 1 also.. loads of fun!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back