Ezio Brotherhood Robes

Re: Ezio Brotherhood Cosplay - Going for 100% Accuracy W.I.P.

Button acid etching done. I may spray paint the etched parts due to them turning yellow.

will you be using the neca hidden blade replica for the hidden blade?
I haven't decided yet. The blade itself looks decent but it's too short. Also, Gamestop stopped selling it so the only blades available have had the price jacked up 2X.

If you want mine you can have it for the original price. It's just been sitting on my prop shelf since I got it.

If you want mine you can have it for the original price. It's just been sitting on my prop shelf since I got it.

Awesome! Sounds good to me. I'll message you on the details. :)

This costume is looking great, so crisp and true. I am pretty excited to see the leather bits (boots/armbands).
Keep up the fabulous work!

if you are gonna use the neca replica you can still find them i got one on ebay last night for $30 free shipping so u might be able to find them.
good luck on the costume, looks really good so far:)

I went back and spray painted the button with Krylon black and metallic silver to cover the yellow tarnishing. I also learned how to sew a shank button while I was at it. Just that took seven hours. It goes to show how the smallest parts really can take the longest.

This costume is looking great, so crisp and true. I am pretty excited to see the leather bits (boots/armbands).
Keep up the fabulous work!

Thanks! :)

if you are gonna use the neca replica you can still find them i got one on ebay last night for $30 free shipping so u might be able to find them.
good luck on the costume, looks really good so far:)

You're right, it looks like they are bringing the prices down at least in the bidding area. Hopefully I'll find my second blade at a reasonable price. :p

I've run across a setback. I didn't take into account the amount of padding the ruffles would create and I made them about 1/4 inch too thick.

I'm going to have to start the collar from scratch. and figure out how to increase the size. -_-

Sorry to hear that man. I know how annoying that must be after spending so much time stitching them. I know its not quite the same but I got the shapes wrong on the collar for my Halo under suit and have to remake it. The up side is while making the waist I have worked out a better way of doing it so mark 2 should be much better. Look forward to the next instalment :)

If you don't mind, I can share you a bunch of reference pics! I gathered a huge amount of pictures for my AC:B Ezio costume (especially hidden blade+hidden gun).
I wonder how will you manage those pattern on the chest and edges. I was considering about make a stamp and press onto leather to make pattern, but I realized that sewing the outline of pattern could work well and easier too.. hmm...
Do you use sewing machine with leather needle? normal needle? hand? I once broke sewing machine with faux leather(lol) so I want to ask you this.
(Oh, and the inner collar looks like suede in almost every arts, not a normal leather....)
Anyway, Good Luck!

Last edited:

If you don't mind, I can share you a bunch of reference pics! I gathered a huge amount of pictures for my AC:B Ezio costume (especially hidden blade+hidden gun).
I wonder how will you manage those pattern on the chest and edges. I was considering about make a stamp and press onto leather to make pattern, but I realized that sewing the outline of pattern could work well and easier too.. hmm...
Do you use sewing machine with leather needle? normal needle? hand? I once broke sewing machine with faux leather(lol) so I want to ask you this.
(Oh, and the inner collar looks like suede in almost every arts, not a normal leather....)
Anyway, Good Luck!

I really appreciated you offering to do that, but you don't have to. I already have the mockup made and aside from the collar, it's perfect. (trust me, you'll see :) ) It's just a matter of getting the time to make the finalized version. The only reason I messed up the collar was because I didn't plan for the ruffles.

Sorry, for the long wait.

I still need to do some additions to the hood, but I'm really excited how it's turning out.

Attachments

• hood.jpg
    hood.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 321
  • 20130518_212704.jpg
    20130518_212704.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:

I have the cape made, but it's currently under about 20 books to "iron" out all the wrinkles. More pics to come!

Kame Do you have the awesome Gaunlets?
How are you going to make them if you havnt?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kame Do you have the awesome Gaunlets?
How are you going to make them if you havnt?

I got the NECA gauntlets dirt cheap on Ebay. Unfortunately, like I thought, they're way too short... and small... like kiddy sized. I can't even strap them on.

I'm most likely going to do a pep file on them, then make a mold in the same shape.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back