19 inch Rodger Young

dervogt

Hello,
just finished my 19 inch Version of Rodger Young.
This was cast of Randy Coopers model, which was built by him at the time he worked on SST.
It is missing the decals.

sst1.jpg

sst3.jpg

sst4.jpg

This was my first model built, since i´ve built houses for my model railroad when i was a kid. I wanted to expansion my skill in modellbuilding. It makes a lot of Fun to built it even it is not perfect.
Hope you liked it.

Beautiful job, Mr. Vogt, especially considering this is your first build in years! Did you add any reinforcement between sections? I have one of these kits as well, also from Lucas Francis Studios and I believe the last they ever sold, and while the castings are damn near perfect, they are still huge and should probably be pinned with metal rods.

Yes this was my first model built for years, but i've building always Props, like the proton pack. My difficult always was airbrushing and painting. At this time i try to do a paintjob on a Vader Helmet. But this time i make everything wrong. But this is another story.

I had use metal nails to assemble the kit and i take them for the "cannons"

I wasn't a big fan of the movie but I did love the vehicle designs, they had a very military feel to them that made them look like they belonged with the Sulaco in Aliens.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back