Three Legs are better than Two

LOL at the sink plunger comment! I was totally getting a Dalek vibe off that ray gun thingy.
The more you work on this, the more amazing it looks, the insides with all the brass is a work of art, I can't wait to see it lit up.
The tri-lobed door is perfect and my only (minor) criticism would be that the extending arm may be a little too long. It kinda throws off the intended huge scale when it's fully out.

Some controls and what-not in the upper cabin:

IMAG0528.jpg

IMAG0527.jpg

I'm just thinking about that long arm. That's an interesting problem...
Could some sort of net-release type of thing at the end of it seem "sensible" at all? I'm just trying to imagine what sort of contraption might be on that thing if it were on the cover of some old 50's science fiction comic book.

Today brings a claw:

IMAG0550.jpg

Which is poseable:

IMAG0548.jpg

And extendable:

IMAG0549.jpg

I've also added three sections of half rod in diminishing sizes to the three sections of telscoping tube, to resemble some sort of hydraulic power to each finger of the claw.

Last edited:
Reading through this is drool-inspiring. Then I got to the last update with the claw and fell out of my chair. PERFECT.

Those last pics are dead links :/

I was thinking for the control room interior, on the walls you could perhaps have lots of pipes and levers like in subs and steam trains.

What you have so far is amazing though

Think I've fixed them, and, acting on a few ideas from others, have a slight change to the claw arm:

IMAG0554.jpg

Put a ball joint in it!

IMAG0555.jpg

IMAG0556.jpg

IMAG0557.jpg

IMAG0558.jpg

Seems to be much more 'useful' arrangement.

:)

Last edited:
I like your attention to detail and the way you have executed the work so far but the arm and the gun are making it too much. Just the ray gun is enough.
If you stick with the arm however change the angle of the hatches so the hatch segment doesn't interfere with the arm (or maybe the hatch can rotate in its support ring). That way the arm can lift prisoners and loot into the vehicle without obstruction. One last suggestion: put a "belt" in the middle of the main body to make it look like the top half can rotate like a turret. that way the weapon can be deployed in every direction without the entire vehicle having to readjust its stance.

Well, of course, you do realise that you are either a bloody genius or a complete raving lunatic, don't you? :lol
I'll go for the genius, I think...:)

Awesome build Mate! I am perplexed though why they would reverse engineer all that stuff to make such a cool machine, but stick with those bloody great rivets! ;)

Five star rating from me, and keep up the great work!

Well, in the few hours I've managed to put in on this in the last couple of days, I fully intended to finish the arm.

So, instead, I've added air intakes and exhausts for the thigh-mounted 'engines':

PA241573.jpg

And decided to add three toes to each foot, to stop them from looking too much like sink plungers:

PA241574.jpg

And this is how it stands tonight:

PA241575.jpg

Oh, the toes are articulated, so no worries about uneven ground.

;)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back