Three Legs are better than Two

I Googled it, and most of the answers were 'use cloth dye', I just got some powdered red dye, mixed with water, mixed in some silver sand, left it overnight, and dried it in the sun- it seems to have worked quite well!

:)

Moving on: I couldn't leave those three glowing eyes as they were, so I've sculpted a little Martian:

Here he/she/it is with the eyes aglow:

With the LEDs at full power, without a limiting resistor, it causes the whole cave to glow, allowing a partial sighting of the creature to be made.

What an amazing treat this was to read this from the beginning in one shot. 3 pages of OMG. Awesome work. Cant wait for more.

Your attention to detail is outstanding! This will hardly be seen, yet still you create a mini-masterpiece to hide in that cave. How many more times can I say this whole sculpture/model is movie-worthy and deserves to be seen in motion? If not that, then surely a graphic novel?

Last edited:
Glad you're all sticking with me!

Meanwhile, just a quick shot of the critter in it's cave:

and a quick try out of some as yet un-modified British figures, on the outcrop above the cave:

Just need to sculpt some sort of pressure suit/uniform on them, and the other two figures...

great critter, one question, what went wrong in your childhood that would put that little seed in your mind. great work but man am i worried about you ;)

Still moving forwards: acquired some British 8th Army (El Alamein) figures, Dragon, I think, and am sculpting some more protective clothing on them:

Not sure whether to leave their faces exposed, or to sculpt on some sort of breathing apparatus...

Purposefully changing the atmosphere might be part of the attack plan. I can't recall the name, but there was a Humans vs Aliens RTS game years back that involved altering the atmosphere to benefit your units while hindering the enemy.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back