$30 DARK KNIGHT suit

Royal Dump

So I wanted to take a break from my iron man and start working on my Dark Knight Suit again. :)

It's made of craft foam. I used the photo of the head on view of the dark knight suit and I cartoonized it to make simple printout foam templates.
R3lhB.jpg

Cowl $0(was a gift from a friend)
Foam - $10
Belt - $12 (amazon)
Cape - $0 (old black sheet)
Plasti-dip can - $7
Black clothes $0 (already had them)

It's a bit sloppy but It looks like batman. I still need to buy some gloves and make the legs but I don't know what I'm going to do about the boots!

9zLui.jpg

ZVw38.jpg

Z26RA.jpg

eF7MN.jpg

The forearms keep falling down and I didn't center the cowl over my eyes properly because I was in a hurry. The neck piece actually doesn't hook together yet because I'm having problems trying to glue the velcro on the rubber! :angry

Last edited:
that looks amazing!!! are you planning on making gloves? you could sow the velcro onto the rubber... on a side note, you found that much foam for 10 bucks?!?!?

NEW UPDATE: 10/12/12

It's been a longggg time since I've worked on the suit. But my friend said he'd like to wear it for halloween so I decided I should probably finish it.

My friend will be paying for the gloves and boots while I finish the legs.

Started working on the legs today. I free handed the parts this time. Not too accurate but it's good enough. Not sure if I'm going to make the knee caps haha..Just need to plasti dip them and then do some touching up and cleaning.

nrhYv.jpg

Also more pics:
n1C3v.jpg

hvq3z.jpg

isZ98.jpg

great work man... im building my own and I'm semi using your leg armor pic as a guide... I wasnt sure how big to make the junk piece haha

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back