Thundercats : Sword Of Omens Dagger Build

Awesome skills! Loving the build (I was a stick waver too as a kid, I think it's countryside life that puts the weapons of the gods so close to hand :lol)

Thanks for sharing your fantastic techniques, they will prove invaluable as I'm just starting to get into both moulding/casting, and using styrene :) :cheers

I think a rep is in order for contribution to the community :thumbsup

As an adult, watching you make this sword has brought back many memories of me holding a stick and yelling, THUNDERCATS HOOOOO!!!!!!....and then my brother using a red flashlight to project a circle on the wall....

Amazing job man. Can't wait to see the final product!

Like many people, I love watching the progress of projects - and this one is no exception! The Sword of Omens has always seen my favorite sword/dagger too! Great project!

Looking forward to getting the pricing info!

wow, I cannot get over the response this project is getting. Cheers for all the support. I'm back in Cat's Lair today, working on the Blade and the Eye of Thundera. Progress pics to follow tonight :)

WOW! So impressed with how it's turning out and excited to see the final product especially how that cats eye turns out. If you do a run of these I would sign up in an instant! Best of luck with the rest of the build, amazing work so far. Hoooooo!

Its been mentioned here a few times, I do intend to do a run of these asap. I have a list going, a few folk have already contacted me via email and pm. I'll be sure to get a thread up on the JY once I have a mould and an idea of cost, but if your impatient feel free to give me a holla :)

Bloody hell, today was the definition of unproductive :(

Here's a quick update on the construction of the chappe and cross guard.

All the parts ready, lets rock n roll
7441372042_2ae39c9827_z.jpg

built the chappe around the base of the blade. made it oversized so I could sand it back to match the width of the eye piece.
7441371770_3f307f5d2a_z.jpg

Like so
7441371410_583c933043_z.jpg

fixed the chappe and the eye to the base of the cross guard and started to clad the eye with 0.5mm styrene.
7441370104_86095982d4_z.jpg

More styrene and some goop to fill the gaps
7441369694_d7b5018d52_z.jpg

Drilled out the cross guard base for attaching the wings.
7441368870_9ee4182bb6_z.jpg

like so
7441372652_1cee1f9b1d_z.jpg

So more gap filling
7441369304_c3ce7aed5f_z.jpg

7441372302_f91e2ce688_c.jpg

attached the handle
7441368116_f2bf86da42_z.jpg

and finally the blade
7441368432_660e478d2f_z.jpg

And there we have the Sword of Omens dagger. I'll be making the Eye of Thundara this week, and continuing the finishing of the sword, plenty of sanding and filling to be done, along with the fine details on the handle and the texturing of the cross guard.

More updates as soon as possible :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back