Prometheus (Post-release)

That's it?! :confused
There goes my theory that he told the Engineer...I know we just met, and this is kinda crazy, but can you make me a real boy...maybe?
;)

Definitely a whoa. I still personally think the Engineer didn't get enraged until he realized David was an android. I have absolutely no evidence to back it up, but since the Engineers (apparently) base so much of their tech of on biological manipulation, I can see them being horribly offended (murderously so) at a purely mechanical form of life.

Of course, I could also believe that the idea of not wanting to die could be enough to enrage an Engineer as well. If sacrifice is a part of their culture, NOT wanting to die could certainly be considered a sin.

Charlie

So no double cross. David was loyal to Weyland right to the end. Explains why he looked directly at Weyland right after David spoke.

That's it?!
There goes my theory that he told the Engineer...I know we just met, and this is kinda crazy, but can you make me a real boy...maybe?

That's probably the other lines they referenced that were cut from the final film :)

Out of curiosty, does anyone remember the line the biologist was complaining about when the Captain mentioned the malfunctioning pups? Something about glitches, life forms, what the ****....

Charlie

Out of curiosty, does anyone remember the line the biologist was complaining about when the Captain mentioned the malfunctioning pups? Something about glitches, life forms, what the ****....

Charlie
just disappeared actually, must be a glitch.
what do you mean a glitch?
Alright boys, sleep tight. try not to bugger each other.
What do you mean a 'glitch?' what does he mean?
did he say..he said one click West?
yeah..
..We.. we don't want to check that out do we? eh..
$#it no.
where we gonna go?
East.
yeah, East...
glitch man, pings, glitch, lifeform...what the f*ck!

Hater: Prometheus was terrible, it was just . . . god it was painfully bad.

Liker: I liked it. It was terrific 3D, and Ridley Scott can shoot a movie. Funny you mention God.

Hater: I hated it. How could you like it? I hated it. I HATED IT.

Liker: Well, Michael Fassbender was terrific for one thing.

Hater: No he wasn't. He was terrible. Every one in the film was bad. Dumb people doing dumb things man. How could like it? I HATED IT.

Liker: Noomi Rapace was . . .

Hater: Dude. The surgery scene was ridiculous. Might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen on film. God, I HATED THIS MOVIE. How could possibly like it?

Liker: I thought Noomi did a great job in the surgery scene. She's a good actress.

Hater: It wasn't realistic. Hated it.

Liker: Realistic? It's a movie about space travel and all kinds of things that aren't real.

Hater: Don't even get me started on Noomi's accent.

Liker: OK.

Hater: Ridley Scott is old and he smells funny. I hate him. He's just old. OLD.

Liker: Well, hey, the monsters were all done practically. Not a lot of CGI was . . .

Hater: GAH!! The monsters? The monster were terrible. I hated them all. That thing at the end, how could the first xeno be made only 30 years before Alien? How could that happen?

Liker: Well, that's not the first xenomorph . . . uh, are you OK? You have some veins popping out of your . . .

Hater: It's like a house painter came over and royally screwed up your house! I HATED THIS MOVIE.

Liker: You should maybe watch your blood pressure there. Seriously, it's just a movie, it's nothing like a house at all, and it's pretty good and if you like . . .

Hater: I didn't like it. I HATED IT. Do you get that? I thought it was a crime against humanity and I'm never going to stop talking about how I freaking HATE PROMETHEUS. The script was a complete trainwreck. It didn't make sense. Damon Lindelof is the devil. The actual devil.

Liker: Ok, so you hated it. I do get that.

Hater: GOOD. I hate that damn movie. HATE. HATE. HATE.

Liker: The script did make sense though. It made plenty of sense. Guy Pearce was . . .

Hater: GUY PEARCE? His make up was terrible. I hated it.

Liker: His make up was flawless. It was incredible.

Hater: Why didn't they cast an old man? I mean, I know what Guy Pearce looks like under that makeup. It was unrealistic.

Liker: It's a science fiction film. You understand that it's not supposed to be realistic right? That would be entirely beside the point, if it were realistic in any way. It would not be science fiction any more. It would be . . .

Hater: How can you like anything about this movie? I should stab you in the face.

Liker: Don't even try it. I have a gun.

Hater: OH, you would shoot me? Just because I wanted to stab you in the face because you like Prometheus? I have every right to stab you in the face for liking Prometheus. Every right.

Liker: Yes I will shoot you. No, you don't have the right to . . .

Hater: YOU WOULD SHOOT ME? But I'm right and you're wrong.

Liker: Dude, put the knife down. Right now. It's my opinion.

Hater: NO. It's not just a movie. I HATED . . .

BLAM

BLAM

BLAM

Liker: Don't even try it. I have a gun.
Hater: OH, you would shoot me? Just because I wanted to stab you in the face because you like Prometheus? I have every right to stab you in the face for liking Prometheus. Every right.
Liker: Yes I will shoot you. No, you don't have the right to . . .
Hater: YOU WOULD SHOOT ME? But I'm right and you're wrong.
Liker: Dude, put the knife down. Right now. It's my opinion.
Hater: NO. It's not just a movie. I HATED . . .
BLAM

BLAM

BLAM

ROFLOL
love the pause after the first shot

Last edited:
Saw this last night, and wasn't a fan.

Did the ever explain what happened to the archaeologist guy who got the alien tequila from David?

From what I can remember, Dr. Tard the First was the guy freaked out about aliens, yet played "Let's poke the space cobra", then Redneck McBeardy got blasted in the face by the alien acid blood goo, and fell headfirst into the evil black goop, which somehow transformed him into Redneck McBeardy, Bath Salts o'steroids edition. Dr. Tard MD ended up staying dead, even though he got faceraped by the lil hugger snakey thingie.

I just can't remember what happened to the other guy.

Kind of annoyed that the space jockey turned out to be Space Handsome Squidward.

After reading up on some of the things I didn't get, I think the most offensive thing has to be space *****. That's just... dumb. Not religiously, just as a general "What in the hell? Seriously? A 10 foot tall bald translucent *****?" kind of way.

Fassbender rocked though. I was wondering why he seemed to be channeling Peter O'Toole in the trailer and "Meet David" video, and now I know :)

Chris

Did the ever explain what happened to the archaeologist guy who got the alien tequila from David?

He saw a worm living in his eye, and decided to shrug it off. When he and the party went back to the temple, he started to not feel so well. He starts screaming in agony as his body starts to mutate. Charlize Theron decides not to allow him onto the ship, and he plays drama queen and tells her to burn him alive in front of everyone, including his pleading girlfriend. What an a@&.

So no double cross. David was loyal to Weyland right to the end. Explains why he looked directly at Weyland right after David spoke.

Rather glad about this. Hope they don't change it for the BR. Other than fleshing out the scene with the rest of the conversation, and subs, that'd be nice.

Hater: Prometheus was terrible, it was just . . . god it was painfully bad.

If I wasn't so sick right now I'd have LMAO'd. :)

Vickers turned him into archaeologist flambe.

Kind of annoyed that the space jockey turned out to be Space Handsome Squidward.

So was I, but that was 2010. I let it go a while back.

After reading up on some of the things I didn't get, I think the most offensive thing has to be space *****. That's just... dumb. Not religiously, just as a general "What in the hell? Seriously?

Fortunately the filmmakers reached that conclusion themselves and decided against using it. :p

Bad spelling on my part. Apologies. I still think you should use that as your signature though. :)

But I'm not angry at folks who like the film. Why would I want to threaten them with a gun? I'm a common sense kind of guy, not one of those expert scientists from Prometheus.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back