What is your 'grail' and do you own it?

I'm a collector of some video games and 80's and 90's toys but i never thought that I will own something close to a "grail" for some.

I purchased a month a go a HCG Pulse rifle whit out knowing what it was

For 250eus complete in its original box serial #0550, not barrel warped, it has a lazy LED counter that counts 55 instead of 95, i tough it was very eccentric and expensive item for 250eus but I bought it because i never seem something like that, the guy ho sold it to me offered it to me because I bought from him 2 aliens toys from galoop action fleet for 20eus , I wanted to pay 200eus but he told me that 250eus was like a gift, I don't dint know and I was kind of reluctant but I went with 250eus because he was a nice guy.

But now that i been looking and researching, mea by he was right, what it is seams is that it's a kind of exotic item, i just registered for saying this, I don't know if it's a good price but i just saw one in ebay for more than 1.000eus, i dint buy it to resell it, i really like it, but i never thought it had that importance.

Not yet, but it's close. I've commissioned an artist to build me a replica of the Bull T. rex maquette from "The Lost World: Jurassic Park". I've always loved the Bull T. rex, and this guy knows what this means to me. He said he's been hoping I would ask him for a commission for a while now, and that he's really excited to be working on this with me. TBH, I'm excited to be working on it with him. This is the last photo he sent me:
YIqQMIc.jpg

A screen-accurate Darth Vader costume. It was the first costume I ever wanted a really high quality version of. I can remember seeing cheap Vader costumes when I was as young as 7 years old and thinking "WRONG". I needed screen-accuracy before I even really understood the concept. I didn't encounter anything close to it in person until I saw the Vader on display at Disney MGM studios when I was 12, and even then I could have SWORN they had the belt rotated wrong so that one of the boxes was where the buckle should have been.

After that was a Star Trek TNG MkVII Medical Tricorder and a Cobra-head Phaser II. I chose to try to make a replica of the phaser as my main project for wood shop class in the 8th grade. My teacher was extremely confused when I tried to explain what it was I was making (probably because of it's decidedly un-firearm like shape). The closest I came to Tricorder for years was the Playmates science version that I cut the belt-clip off of and painted a more accurate color.

Finally, at almost 38 I have builds of all 3 in progress. The tric and phaser are both Stapleton kits with GMprops electronics. So far the Vader is a combination of an SPFX dome and armor, and an Anovos chest box. Yes, I'm aware there are far more screen-accurate Vader buckets out there, but it scratches the itch so far. Man, that Vader rabbit-hole is deeeeep...

Last edited:
I'd have to say my grail is a set of the 3 lightsabers from A New Hope using all vintage parts. So far I'm 2/3 of the way there

ANHSabers.jpg

734ce34196200bce2e597898b3cdda5e.jpg

I want this shirt in the worst way. They can recreate it for figures, Tom Selleck's lame red Hawaiian shirt from Magnum PI has been recreated indefinitely for resale... so how about this too?

A real 1960's PPK was on my grail list for a long time too. I did not think of it a first because it is not a prop per se. I grew up on the old Bond movies and have enjoyed the new ones as well. I also think the PPK is one of the most beautiful guns ever manufactured.

P1000814.JPG P1000816.JPG

So many of the things mentioned here I would love to have but could never afford, justify or have room for. A DeLorean would be awesome but not really attainable for me. On a more practical note I would love to have a Rocketeer helmet and rocket pack!

A real 1960's PPK was on my grail list for a long time too. I did not think of it a first because it is not a prop per se. I grew up on the old Bond movies and have enjoyed the new ones as well. I also think the PPK is one of the most beautiful guns ever manufactured.

Nice. My uncle has a couple of those under a grandfather clause. They are now prohibited here.

I'd say a real PKD shooter is my grail at this point.

It wasn't my grail, but when I found an original graflex on a camera stall in a flea market for £10 it became it!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

View attachment 753341 View attachment 753342

So many of the things mentioned here I would love to have but could never afford, justify or have room for. A DeLorean would be awesome but not really attainable for me. On a more practical note I would love to have a Rocketeer helmet and rocket pack!

They shoot good too. Fun little things.

I love blasters so my number one is an all metal Deckard Blaster (i got it but i have to assemble it). I´d like a Han Solo blaster and a Battle Star Galactica blaster (season one).
If i become rich i´d like a Batcave with 1:1 scale figures of:
- Batman, The Dark Knight.
- Spiderman.
- T-100.
- Robocop.
- Synth (Total Recall) from HCG.
- Roman Legionary.

And if i become filthy rich also 1:1 scale of:
a Blade Runner Spinner; the Batmobile from Nolan´s Batman, a BITF Police Car and a X-Wing.

My grail list includes:
- Luke V2 (which I do own and just completed.)
- Han Solo ANH blaster (I just discovered Dark Energy Creations but he's sold out right now. I hope has another run.)
- Call me weird but I would love an Omni from Voyagers!
- Enterprise Captain's Chair

Just finished getting all the pieces of the "puzzle". Pics up in the Vintage Obi saber show off thread...

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=275482&page=21&p=4304091#post4304091

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back