What is your 'grail' and do you own it?

With regards to collecting and Holy Grails, I join the polytheists. That being said, if I had to pick one, it would be a working STARFIGHTER machine.

last_starfighter.jpg

Indeed, own it and put the working game in it. Currently in Rebelscum's possession where it has been made much nicer and cleaner than I ever could have.

Doc

Damn. Reading this thread made me realize that I have a LOT of grails. In addition of a '59 Miller Meteor Ecto-1, I'd want a DeLorean, a General Lee, and a Plymouth Fury Christine, at the very least. And I'd love a full-size costume of Robocop, the Predator, Vader, and an Terminator endoskeleton to boot. Whew! I think I'll stick to props right now. ;)

I agree. And it should probably be stuck so we can monitor everyone's progress toward getting those dream props . . .

I second this. As of now, I am open for donations from anybody with their funds going towards getting me an Aston Martin DB5. Whether or not I will modify it with working Goldfinger accessories will be wholly dependent on how much money has been donated and how I'm feeling driving it at the time.:cool

My grail, need, have to have prop is the most accurate one of these that is not in the 80k range. In the middle of the build right now. :)

IM1.jpg

Thinking in the realms of actual possibility, my grail was the Creation Ent Farscape Pulse Rifle.
Thanks to Matt Munson, I finally managed to get one :)

Mine is two - and I have one. As a huge Star Wars fan my favorite piece is the Master Replicas signature Boba Fett rifle.....and my other is the Sideshow Collectables 1:1 bust of Darth Vader (just too sweet a piece!) but I haven't had the stones to pop that kind of money down for the piece......

Btw, LOVE the Deloreans!! That's taking it to another level!

For me it has been the same, since I got into this hobbie.

A really cool screen used item from firefly. (I have some screen used serenity bank notes, and they are great, but I would love to have an item taht I can point to on screen, and say,....."and right here it is")
Mara jade lightsaber.
Qualta blade from Farscape.
Pulse rifle from Farscape.
Han in carbonite. (I have lost almost all interest in star wars, but I would still like to have one of those.)
And I woudn't mind having a grail too.

There are a lot of other props I want, but those have always been on my list, and out of my reach.

My grail, need, have to have prop is the most accurate one of these that is not in the 80k range. In the middle of the build right now. :)

IM1.jpg

Why is there a naked hulk in the background?

Dude needs purple pants, not green...

Chris

My seems so simple when I read all the others :p mine is Mace Windu's ep2 lightsaber...
I have the MR LE one, the mini one and the force fx one :D
But I still want to compete with the others so I say, the jedi temple on coruscant ;P

My grail used to be fixing up my broken Aliens pulse rifle. It took months of planning, but I finally managed to not only repair it, but improve on it. I managed to correct all the wrong shapes and angles, and add a real 7 segment display.

My new grail is a GB1 proton pack, with lights and sound. Just wish I could afford one of the high-end kits that are out there. One day, hopefully...

-Fred

lovin the starfighter game doc, i've never even looked into that prop before bt loved the film

If you want your own, the software, cabinet art, and such is on our site at www.roguesynapse.com. All freeware. Playable and fully realized for a cab build with full diagnostic menu, book keeping options, etc.

Rebelscum is working on a better set of schematics for the cabinet. The ones on there are the best I have at the moment.

STARFIGHTER is my prop Holy Grail of sorts. Arcade wise it was Polybius. Found it in Oregon a few years back. Warehouse find. Now I would never part with it. Seems I have to play it every day or I don't feel right. Weird.

IMG_0472.JPG

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back