Watched Logan's Run - what's the big deal with it?

:lol Man we used to rip that TV show to shreds when it came on, and that was one of our gripes.:lol

God that series was awful

What I always thought funny is in the movie robots look like Box yet in the tv show, which is supposed to take place after the movie, they are advanced androids that you can't tell the difference from humans.

What I always thought funny is in the movie robots look like Box yet in the tv show, which is supposed to take place after the movie, they are advanced androids that you can't tell the difference from humans.
Is that BSG you are talking about? :lol

(this of course was a joke)

Deleted joke...

cut34s.jpg

"They used to call him, Tricky... something."

I wish there was a Criterion version on Blu-ray with all of the deleted and extra scenes.

From what I have read...

Apparantly there was a sell off of MGM archives and what didn't get sold, was tossed.

It's likely the deleted scenes only live on in some photos, a little footage from trailers and making of stuff, and thankfully someone took a tape recorder into the theater in San Diego for the advanced screening that had the deleted scenes.

Is that BSG you are talking about? :lol

(this of course was a joke)

Logan's run was way ahead of its time in this case. They even have Logan's Run comics out but they look pretty bad. I remember seeing Logan's Run when i was really small on a Sunday afternoon. One of the channels would show movies all afternoon and my folks and I would sit and watch if they were good while playing aboard game or something like that. It was really nice during the winter when not much else was going on.

SEQUEL!!!

One of the surviving author's is about to release "Jessica's Run".
no idea what it is about.

A direct sequal to the film could be interesting.
But the themes of the first film would be out the door,
It would be another kind of tale entirely, I think more like
The Postman or something.

Supposedly a sequel about the rebuilding of society after the Domes, odd title for that though

Both authors are still alive, for what it's worth. Bill Nolan actually lives in Vancouver... a friend of mine has been trying to coordinate schedules so my husband and I can have dinner with him to talk writing and such.

Gotta tell you I have run into George Clayton johnson many times during the years and he is Way out there....I love him to death though! :lol

It will be interesting to see what he comes up with

Sci-Fi seemed few and far between in those days, and it often looked at issues and stories that were not just Space Opera. Think of Silent Running, Quintet and Zardoz, and you get this wide array of creativity. I think the 80's were the "Golden Age" as far as I was concerned, but most of the 80's films were just war movies, wrapped in Sci-Fi flavors. :)

The domes weren't in the book, so it seems unlikely Johnson will be writing about life after them :confused

The domes weren't in the book, so it seems unlikely Johnson will be writing about life after them :confused

The story took some interesting turns in Logan's World and Logan's Search. It will be interesting to see what he does with it after so many years.

Really? I have to read it again the last time was when the movie came out so it's been awhile. :lol

I found Logan's World but I can't find Run...off to Amazon...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back