SIDESHOW ALIENS BUST

<div class='quotetop'>(clutch @ Oct 4 2006, 09:43 PM) [snapback]1332005[/snapback]</div>
got mine and the side tendon was broken off. clean break, but broken, none the less. I also tried to gloss up the front of the dome. big mistake. the gloss didn't take in areas and it started spotting up like oil on water. definitely higher caliber production quality paintjob, but nowhere near the prototype. I got #103
[/b]

You not going to request a new one? They'll want you to show proof that you've destroyed your current one.

Sorry to hear that clutch. Are you going to try and get a replacement? Can you post some pics of yours?

RKW, is that what you have to do if you want sideshow to send you a new one, destroy it? I can't imagine doing that :eek

Keith.

Edit: sorry, got your name wrong RKW.

<div class='quotetop'>(clutch @ Oct 4 2006, 09:56 PM) [snapback]1332013[/snapback]</div>
the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is the fear of getting a worse one.
[/b]

Well there's no rule that says you must accept the replacement. You've spent all that money so why accept a boken one? Just don't go smashing it until authorised.

<div class='quotetop'>(Keith @ Oct 4 2006, 09:57 PM) [snapback]1332014[/snapback]</div>
RWK, is that what you have to do if you want sideshow to send you a new one, destroy it? I can't imagine doing that :eek

Keith.
[/b]

Yes. With broken statues they can't exactly take them back and fix them plus with international sales it would cost a lot to ship it back.

Broken pieces dam that sucks., i saw on another forum someone had to smash up a pred statue to get a replacement, ouch..
Well one thing about good old rubber stuff, you drop it it bounces., hope you get sorted out.
Have fun if you have to smash it up.

Just finished fitting the shelf for the bust:

1_13.jpg

2_9.jpg

Thanks wackychimp for hosting,

Keith.

Noob here.. Here's mine. Number 42. It came in perfect condition other than some imprints on the front dome from the packing materiel. I fixed it with polishing compound and car wax. Real shiney now.
Picture453-1.jpg

Theres usualy one or two on Ebay with Buy it Nows. Figure on a grand and up depending on the issue number. The last one at auction sold for around $700 but the guy had terrible feedback so the bids didnt go any higher. I bought mine from a reputable dealer on Ebay and it was shipped fast and packed well.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back