HELP getting "GOOP" off my Fett lens !!

blewis17

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well, while mounting a hard greens lens T-piece into an old DP Fett standard bucket, I got some GOOP brand adhesive on the front of the lens. I've used the stuuf for years, and it USUALLY dries and can be pulled loose, with a little patience.

But this is now a VERY THIN, stick/patchy layer, almost "smears" on the lens, that won't rub off or scrape off. I tried a little bit of acetone, but no luck. I don't want to damage the thick lens plastic with etching marks, but I need to clean the front of the T-piece lens somehow.

Any suggestions?

Well I would have said to definitely NOT use acetone :p because it can melt plastic, but since you've gone there already I'll say what I WOULD use which is WD-40 and a cotton towel to not scratch the front lens. Hopefully you didn't already ruin it with acetone.......................... :confused

Steve :thumbsup

If a thicker blob of GOOP can be removed easily, can you build it up with a few layers and then try pulling it off?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back