Meeting Biff

I have met Tom I'm person at his last BTTF event and even then he wouldnt sign anything. That was about 6 years ago. He was very rude about it then. I got Bob Gale to sign some things as well as Claudia Wells.

So I heard he was doing a comedy show near ms and I emailed him through his site. I told him I was a fan of him, not only for BTTF but his comedy, when he was on the TV show "Ed" and even before when he was in a cult classic movie "April Fools Day". I told him that I was going to attend his show and that I would love to PAY him to autograph my OUTATIME plate that I had Chris Lloyd and Leia Thompson sign. I told him that I would pay him $100. He completely turned me down. He was polite about it but even after kissing his ass AND asking to pay him 3 times what I paid Chris Lloyd, he said no.

Good luck.

I have met Tom I'm person at his last BTTF event and even then he wouldnt sign anything. That was about 6 years ago. He was very rude about it then. I got Bob Gale to sign some things as well as Claudia Wells.

So I heard he was doing a comedy show near ms and I emailed him through his site. I told him I was a fan of him, not only for BTTF but his comedy, when he was on the TV show "Ed" and even before when he was in a cult classic movie "April Fools Day". I told him that I was going to attend his show and that I would love to PAY him to autograph my OUTATIME plate that I had Chris Lloyd and Leia Thompson sign. I told him that I would pay him $100. He completely turned me down. He was polite about it but even after kissing his ass AND asking to pay him 3 times what I paid Chris Lloyd, he said no.
Good luck.

I think I will just get a photo together and call it a night. No sense in p*ssing him off :lol

I think I will just get a photo together and call it a night. No sense in p*ssing him off :lol

I think that's the best idea. It would suck if you're chatting him up then spring "Would you sign my BTTF sawg?" on him thus creating what could possibly be the most awkward moment of your life. :confused

Besides, IMO, a photo op is much more valuable than a sig. Sig's can be forged and while a photo can as well, it would take a VERY good photoshop artist to do it. Besides, it's more personal.

Mention that you have a friend in LA that will drive to his house and pay him to sign my plate. I know where he lives...

Be sure to ask him to say "I hate manure" and then follow it up with "was it real manure?" And then turn the video camera on and record him and it will appear he just goes ape crazy and kicks your ass :)

Oor have him sign a non BTTF headshot and then while the ink is still wet smack it on your favorite BTTF prop/pic. Carbon paper might work for this too ;)

Poor guy. He obviously feels kind of restricted by his envolvement in BTTF.

The best way I could offer as a way into his situation
Is to imagine a really crazy week you had at work 5 years ago.

Then imagine almost every person bringing up
That week continually. Over and over, wherever
You went. It would put most people over the edge.

I realise he has fame and wealth through this
But you have to appreciate that it takes a certain
Mind to deal with macro fascination.

Moviefreak. I had a great idea. Take your hottie wife, dress her as Loraine and then when Tom is distracted ask him to autograph something... ;)

Moviefreak. I had a great idea. Take your hottie wife, dress her as Loraine and then when Tom is distracted ask him to autograph something... ;)

I asked to get a picture and he said "only if I can get a picture with your wife." :lol

He was totally cool and very nice and respectful as he said he won't sign BTTF items.

The rather funny part is the angry characters he voiced in spongebob all sound like Biff even if you didn't know it was him doing them.

He was totally cool and very nice and respectful as he said he won't sign BTTF items.

Glad he was nice to you. :)

But I used to have a few BTTF items signed by him from the times we met... Granted, it's been about 7 years since I last saw him.

If I knew that they were such rare items I wouldn't have given them away! :lol

If you know that he doesn't like to identify with BTTF, Then PLEASE don't think it would be funny or cool to bring it up, like the 10,000 other nerds before you.

Go on the premise of "You only get 1 chance at a fist impression" and compliment him on his comedy (that you just heard), or compliment him on his artwork, he's a painter.

Actors hate to be pigeon hole'd, but love compliments.

If you know that he doesn't like to identify with BTTF, Then PLEASE don't think it would be funny or cool to bring it up, like the 10,000 other nerds before you.

Go on the premise of "You only get 1 chance at a fist impression" and compliment him on his comedy (that you just heard), or compliment him on his artwork, he's a painter.

Actors hate to be pigeon hole'd, but love compliments.

I actually met him at a Hotel bar for drinks before his shows. I didn't get to see his act. My friend set up the meeting for me. We had a nice conversation about acting, travel and his art career. He really enjoyed the art talk. Right at the end, I took a few photos and just asked if signing anything remotely close to BTTF was out of the question, and he smiled and just said, "I gave up signing anything BTTF long ago, sorry".
How could I not respect that.
I would have loved to see his show, but didn't get tickets in time :(

So you ask a guy, who you know hates it, the question you know he hates.

...and didn't even go to his show.

And you wonder why he's that way?

So you ask a guy, who you know hates it, the question you know he hates.

...and didn't even go to his show.

And you wonder why he's that way?

The show was sold out. I tried to get tickets, but no luck.
I told him I would definitely catch his show next year, and definitely a gallery show for his art.

I would have just asked for on autograph on a blank index card and left the BTTF stuff at home. Then you could display it next to anything you wanted. Not as good as what you were hoping for but at least you would have gotten his signature.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back