Nike Mag's - It's About Time - VIDEO!

Re: Nike McFly's - It's About Time - VIDEO!

I thought you could not auction "pre-sells" on ebay?
That is obviously a pre-sale...

Maybe you have to wait until it's in your hands to resell...

-Robb

I still say the originals were a size 8. Look at the video of Tinker showing off an original shoe - it is too big to be a size 7.

Size 7, size 8... still certainly not an 11 that I'd need to fit my feet! :cool I went for the 7s, and wasn't really even seriously bidding. Just tossing out the lowest bid I thought had a remote chance of winning, and ended up getting one... Not complaining.

I thought you could not auction "pre-sells" on ebay?
That is obviously a pre-sale...

Maybe you have to wait until it's in your hands to resell...

Yeah, I was thinking it was either the 'pre-sale' thing, or people using Nike's copyrighted photos... But they haven't closed them all (one or two even successfully ended with bids). Maybe they just overlooked a couple (very possible), or there's some other reason they are ending them...

My guess is once people get them in hand and take their own photos that there will be a pretty decent swarm of them on eBay for a while...

OK, for Tax returns, how much percentage do you think we get back for this purchase/donation??

I'm guessing that since I've rec'd positive feedback from auctioncause I would assume shipping info w/ tracking number tomorrow.

I still say the originals were a size 8. Look at the video of Tinker showing off an original shoe - it is too big to be a size 7.

I can tell you for sure as soon as I get my pair of sevens. Please also send me the dimensions of your size 8s.

I'm guessing that since I've rec'd positive feedback from auctioncause I would assume shipping info w/ tracking number tomorrow.

Same here. I thought they said they were ALL being shipped on the 19th, so I had better get a tracking number sometime today or I will start to get impatient.:rolleyes

The auction in Berlin(Germany) ended with 15,000 Euros for the shoes with plutonium Box and 1,100 Euros for the ceramic shoes with Lloyd signature.

The auction in Berlin(Germany) ended with 15,000 Euros for the shoes with plutonium Box and 1,100 Euros for the ceramic shoes with Lloyd signature.

Thanks Ryan. I'll make a note of that. Just need results from the Paris one now.

From another Nike board:

"they should be shipping wednesday and arriving thurs from what my friend told me (he managed the auctions; auctioncause)....i asked him if the total money raised was 5 million and he said it wasnt that high. he wont give out official numbers since he is still calcuating it since some buyers are deadbeat and have not paid yet.

personally, if you won and didnt pay, that aint gonna get you a ticket upstairs especially when it was all for a charity....they are trying to sort out how they are planning to handle second chance offers for those auctions with deadbeat bidders. "

I say they throw them up with a BIN of the original end bid price with immediate payment required.

OK, I guess giving the 2nd place bidders a chance would be "fair". The thing is though - I bet 99% of those 2nd chance bidders already bid on another pair and won.

Thanks for that video, Ryan.

I wonder how many they made in the special Plutonium cases? I guess 10, right?

They said originally they had 1510 pairs for sale - and they listed 1500 pairs on eBay.

OK, I guess giving the 2nd place bidders a chance would be "fair". The thing is though - I bet 99% of those 2nd chance bidders already bid on another pair and won.

Or they bid just for the heck of it - and glad they lost as they knew they could never afford it!!

Vivek: If you want to update your totals.

Paris - Mags went for €5.100,00

London - Mags went for £8,000 - Ceramic went for £2,000 - both to the same bidder

I still don't get why people are spending so much on that ceramic thing. Sure its a collectible, but that is way extreme for price.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back