Breaking Bad Props

It might be worth getting some measurements from these in regards to the hinges and distance of the hook from the hinges.
I'm working on another graphic with more measurements - pretty much all the ones you'll need. It'll be accurate this time. Those on my last graphic weren't right because I made the assumption that the frame is in 53 18 145 42 and rounded up a few things. Now that I have a frame from that eyewear line to match certain things with the weathered pair, it turns out it's actually 52 18 137 41.

I'll update this post with it later.

@Indy Magnoli
Some info, for now; taking longer with that graphic because I'm lazy when it comes to labeling everything.
Edit: screw it. I will post that later, but here's the other frame info for a head start.

The 'hook': approximately .75mm wire – is placed 16.75mm away from the edge of the temple. Wire length is approximately 7mm, it leaves an opening of 2mm by 2.5 (2mm is perpendicular to the frame, 2.5 is parallel to it), and is soldered within a length of 4.5mm.

The overall temple length is 137mm, and 70mm from the temple edge to the ear grips. It tapers from 4mm to 2.5mm at 67.5mm, then tapers to 1.5 for the remaining 2.5mm.

The hinge corner is 4mm wide, approximately 17.5mm at the top, and 16mm the bottom. this shape, hence the two different measurements —> \___l

The frame: 2.5mm wide, 1.5mm thick – frame tilt is 98.5 degrees. The two grooves on it, approximately .05 - .1mm wide, .5mm away from the frame edges. The overall frame length is 140mm wide. I was unsure about this on my last graphic because the hinge corners looked too long at 140; I subtracted 1 mm from each side, but it is 140 since that is a common frame size.

At the moment, I'm really just working on determining the frame bend, the base curve. It may be the most common base curve for rx eyeglasses, which might be base curve 2. I don't know what that actually is yet, or what base curves angles are, but you might.

Last edited:
I will post that later, but here's the other frame info for a head start.

The 'hook': approximately .75mm wire – is placed 16.75mm away from the edge of the temple. Wire length is approximately 7mm, it leaves an opening of 2mm by 2.5 (2mm is perpendicular to the frame, 2.5 is parallel to it), and is soldered within a length of 4.5mm.

The overall temple length is 137mm, and 70mm from the temple edge to the ear grips. It tapers from 4mm to 2.5mm at 67.5mm, then tapers to 1.5 for the remaining 2.5mm.

The hinge corner is 4mm wide, approximately 17.5mm at the top, and 16mm the bottom. this shape, hence the two different measurements —> \___l

The frame: 2.5mm wide, 1.5mm thick – frame tilt is 98.5 degrees. The two grooves on it, approximately .05 - .1mm wide, .5mm away from the frame edges. The overall frame length is 140mm wide. I was unsure about this on my last graphic because the hinge corners looked too long at 140; I subtracted 1 mm from each side, but it is 140 since that is a common frame size.

If you can do a diagram (doesn't have to be to scale or even pretty, just a sketch showing where each measurement was taken, or even measurements labeled over the top of some photos of the glasses), that would be helpful to make sure our technicians understand all the figures we're throwing at them. We'll then produce a technical drawing which I'll post to make sure everything seems right before we start on the prototype glasses.

Indy, I've been sitting on Walt's screen-used shirt from the S2 finale for three years, and you taking on this project prompted me to search for screen-accurate pieces to complete the ensemble! I've still got to pick up the belt, the white T, the Wallabees - and your glasses.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

If you can do a diagram (doesn't have to be to scale or even pretty, just a sketch showing where each measurement was taken, or even measurements labeled over the top of some photos of the glasses), that would be helpful to make sure our technicians understand all the figures we're throwing at them. We'll then produce a technical drawing which I'll post to make sure everything seems right before we start on the prototype glasses.
Hi. I apologize for this having taken much longer than I anticipated. I had to redo some of it because I proved myself wrong at the last minute - for the last time - shortly after my last reply to you. If it would be of use to you more than these, I can email you the ai file.
Frame Dimensions.png
Gif uploads as a jpeg image here, so i've uploaded it to google. It has the revised frame dimensions than the old gif.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/SxHv3PfKYuNv44Ex6

The bottom inner corners of the frame might need some work to get right. I didn't want to reposition anchors this time as I did with the last graphic. Another thing. I could not determine the frame bend using my own frame since Walt's is a wider frame, but it might be "base curve 2," or again, the standard bend for rx eyeglasses. I also couldn't determine the exact position of the nose pad wires, but I estimate the lowest point of the nose pieces to be placed 26 to 28mm from the top edge of the lens.

Nose pads should be 13mm. Oval shaped.

great detective work! Here's hoping that knowing the company name will yield some new discoveries, though I'd imagine monitoring eBay at random will likely be the only way to gather more info.

And good catch on those grooves! I've never noticed them before...
If they pop up, it'll likely be on ebay, etsy, or any similar site. I looked on worthpoint to see if any Aden frames have been sold on ebay before, but again, only plastic frames have. It's a damn shame that no one has additional information. I emailed a few websites which used to sell Aden safety frames in the past, but no one has anything.

Last edited:
Does anyone here by any chance have a pair of 701 Filter/cartridge adapters for the 3M 7800s respirator? I looked everywhere here in Australia without any luck. I would be happy with a second hand or even busted ones as it will only be for display. Drop me a PM if you might have one for sale. Thanks heaps,

92rgrlz.jpgCold Steel Ruger LCR Rubber Training Revolver, [/B]do you think this could be painted and can anyone advise me on a spray paint to make this look realistic, bearing in mind that this is rubber, a good prop for $20-30

Last edited:
So to switch gears a little while we wait for Indy Magnoli to develop the perfect Walt glasses replica, I'll share the newest little addition to my collection, which I have been on the lookout for years now. I found a seller that makes engraved keychains from inert bullets, so I contacted them and asked if they'd sell me a couple of these without the keyring, and no engraving. Voila!

bbad-0502-425x247.png

IMG_9500.jpeg

I just purchased the Better Call Saul soundtrack on vinyl and it came with a replica business card, JMM bumper sticker, and a magnet. Would anyone want scans of these items that could be cleaned up?

Has the belt on Walt’s pants (more specifically, from these pants) ever been identified?

Attachments

• B1DC68FE-1D48-49FF-AB2D-42AF7BAAC4A4.jpeg
    B1DC68FE-1D48-49FF-AB2D-42AF7BAAC4A4.jpeg
    73.8 KB · Views: 306

DEA wanted poster of Victor
, as seen in Hermanos (S4E8)

Mine:

kuDHw3e.jpg

Screenshot from the episode:

x2XnZF5.jpg

If anyone would like either file, PM me your email address and I will share.[/QUOTE]
All would be much appreciated, your work is great

Attachments

• Ge6M3XG.jpg
    Ge6M3XG.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 311
  • ktBRF7o.jpg
    ktBRF7o.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 820
  • iKgCr40.jpg
    iKgCr40.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 812
  • gkle8jW.jpg
    gkle8jW.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 293
  • gseAuBd.jpg
    gseAuBd.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back